Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

speed sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

speed sensor

ok guys i talk to my friend about replace the vss on my car and he went to buy it but later he ask me if is the one with the power steering hoses or not what does he mean please help me on this

there are two hoses going to just under the VSS they are not connected to the plug part you take off idk if you can use non abs ones with it i think you should be able to.

Comment

I had my clutch replaced yesterday. Today I am getting the Speed sensor CEL and my speedo doesnt work. The guy that did the clutch is insisting he didnt have anything to do with it, what do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by Conspiracy View Post
        I had my clutch replaced yesterday. Today I am getting the Speed sensor CEL and my speedo doesnt work. The guy that did the clutch is insisting he didnt have anything to do with it, what do you think?
        Yes. The speed sensor should be unplugged and removed when doing a clutch. It was probably a) not hooked up or b) damaged. I would inspect it. It takes around 30 seconds to unplug and pull it.

Comment

Originally posted by BORICUAYAUCO View Post
          ok guys i talk to my friend about replace the vss on my car and he went to buy it but later he ask me if is the one with the power steering hoses or not what does he mean please help me on this
          AFAIK 90-93 Accords/92-95 Preludes (maybe others) with speed-sensitive power steering run fluid through the vss for reference. I connected these to my H22 VSS just as they were connected to the F VSS from the factory.

All the Civic/Integra VSS' that I've replaced omit this variability( 94-97 Accords also dropped that style of steering) .

Comment

Originally posted by 92accordcb7ex View Post
            there are two hoses going to just under the VSS they are not connected to the plug part you take off idk if you can use non abs ones with it i think you should be able to.
            The hoses aren't for abs.

Comment

Originally posted by rdeal317 View Post
              Yes. The speed sensor should be unplugged and removed when doing a clutch. It was probably a) not hooked up or b) damaged. I would inspect it. It takes around 30 seconds to unplug and pull it.
              where can i find it. Is it inside or underneath the car? I checked my haynes manual and i cannot find anything on the speed sensor.

Comment

Originally posted by rdeal317 View Post
                The hoses aren't for abs.
                idk why i put abs in there that was my mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by Conspiracy View Post
                  where can i find it. Is it inside or underneath the car? I checked my haynes manual and i cannot find anything on the speed sensor.
                  its located a little bit farther under the thermostat housing it is on the tranny.

Comment

...and right up next to the rear motor mount. 3-pin plug connects to the top, one 10mm bolt. And since it's an Accord, it will have two small hoses running into it.

Comment

ok so i am about to go do this on my car, does anyone have any tips? am i going to loose power steering fluid when i disconnect the hoses?

Behind Every Successful Person...Lies a Pack Of Haters!

Comment

i just swapped the sensor from one i got outta my parts car and it works fine, its a bit of a challange to get it out but its nice to be able to see how fast im going lol

Behind Every Successful Person...Lies a Pack Of Haters!

Comment

Just sayin its a 10mm to pull the sensor itself. Not hard and disconnect the plug you do not have to pull the whole assembly out...Just remember when you realign you get that keyway aligned or the sensor wont read.

The New-ish Ride
                          My old Ride
                          Hear my Vtak!!!
                          MK3 Member #3
                          I piss off people for fun.
                          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
                          X