Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

stock crank shaft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stock crank shaft

how much power can a stock crankshaft handle

probably close to 1000hp

Comment

the crank is usually the strongest part of the rotating assembly

Comment

it is forged steel

I'm pretty sure folks tend to modify the oil journals for higher power output though...can't find that particular info though
        ____

Comment

Honda cranks (and most other internals) are made from indestructium alloy.
          Regards from Oz,
          John.

Comment

Originally posted by johnl View Post
            Honda cranks (and most other internals) are made from indestructium alloy.
            Time for myth buster!!! I wonder if you blow it up will it still be in one piece.

Comment

Originally posted by XcluziveAZN View Post
              Time for myth buster!!! I wonder if you blow it up will it still be in one piece.
              how much can a h22 rod handle

Comment

Originally posted by XcluziveAZN View Post
                Who knows. But I know for a fact that if you dropped one from 15 feet it will still be in 1 piece.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Stock Honda pistons and rods generally don't hold up to boost all that well... not the stuff used in the motors we can easily put in our cars, anyway.

The cranks will handle considerably more power. There are a few cars on this site making well over 500whp, and I've never once heard of a damaged crank. By the time you're making that much power, you won't be able to get traction. If you put the money in to put the power to the ground... you're running with a fairly heavy car compared to other FWD cars making that kind of power...

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
                    Stock Honda pistons and rods generally don't hold up to boost all that well... not the stuff used in the motors we can easily put in our cars, anyway.

The cranks will handle considerably more power. There are a few cars on this site making well over 500whp, and I've never once heard of a damaged crank. By the time you're making that much power, you won't be able to get traction. If you put the money in to put the power to the ground... you're running with a fairly heavy car compared to other FWD cars making that kind of power...
                    so if i were to boost it i would need to change pistons rods and get tha block sleved

Comment

If you expected it to last for any period of time... especially if you plan on going over 10psi or so. Honda internals are not made for turbo.

Comment

If you expected it to last for any period of time... especially if you plan on going over 10psi or so. Honda internals are not made for turbo.
                        i jus want 8-10 and im happy

Comment

8-10 with a properly sized turbo, properly tuned (VERY IMPORTANT), maintained, and not abused SHOULD last for a good while on a healthy motor... F22A would be best for this, thanks to the low stock compression.

Comment

8-10 with a properly sized turbo, properly tuned (VERY IMPORTANT), maintained, and not abused SHOULD last for a good while on a healthy motor... F22A would be best for this, thanks to the low stock compression.
                            but if im running that low do i still need to seleve it or no ..and i already have an h22 so imma have to boost that

Comment

sleeves are not nesassary on f22's on h22's they are only nesassary if using forged pistons other than mahle pistons.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
                              member ride thread
                              11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
                              DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
                              People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
                              I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
                              John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Working...
                              X