Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Best Performing Lowering Springs for CB7?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Performing Lowering Springs for CB7?

I'm looking into buying some lowering springs for my 91 lx because i want to start racing auto-x. What are your opinions as far as best performing springs. I'm not picky about how much it drops i just want performance. There are a lot of choices out there and i would like some opinions. Thanks.

Koni Yellow shocks matched with Neuspeed Race springs or Ground Control coilover sleeves.

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

What other parts will i need for aligning it?

Comment

camber kit....ingalls or SPC is the only thing you should use for a camber kit. And I love my H&Rs on KYB AGX adjustables.

Comment

If you really want to get into it, give Eibach a call and get some custom made springs. If all you care about is performance, you'll want a stiffer spring rate obviously.

Alot of springs made for the cb7 are significantly stiffer in the front. Neuspeed race springs are 485F, 300R

Some springs are much more of a difference. I think Eibach sportlines are around 400-450F, and like 175R...I could be wrong on those numbers, but I do know they are alot stiffer in front in relation to the rear compared to the Neuspeeds.

My point is, research spring rates and find a stiff spring set, but also get a set that provides a stiffer rear, because that will get rid of some understeer which is what you want in autox.

I would do the mentioned ground control/koni yellow combo with rates in the neighborhood of 500F, 350-400R just to keep it bearable on the street too.
          There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JoshM View Post
            Koni Yellow shocks matched with Neuspeed Race springs or Ground Control coilover sleeves.
            Yes, I'll agree and vouch for this setup. It's so very stiff riding with these springs and shocks. The really nice thing is that they are adjustable so if you just had one of those days spend 45 seconds before you drive off and lower the stiffness a bit.

I'd give them full marks.
            Been a long time. Still alive...

Comment

Anyone run the Tein Dampers?

1993 - CB7 10th Anniversary edition
              1988 - DA3 Special edition

Comment

Originally posted by Orlando_CB7 View Post
                Anyone run the Tein Dampers?
                Silly putty soft. Like 336/224 F/R if I recall. U can only go up another 50#/in. Konis or Bilsteins. (Or Penskes)

Originally posted by lordoja
                im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

if aint worried about price i recomend what i run kyb agx adjustables
                  ground control springs and and coilover sleeves and for camber i'de say skunk 2 works awsome on my car its not bouncy nor too stiff but smooth "makes everyone fall asleep n my shit" really comfortable tho u can lower it up to 2 1/2 inches n no bounce still rides reall really smooth

Comment

Originally posted by konig View Post
                    if aint worried about price i recomend what i run kyb agx adjustables
                    If price isn't an issue, why would someone get the AGXs over Koni Yellows?

1999 BMW M3
                    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

i don't know anything about these but they have a very high spring rate for the front
                      http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=300255668351
                      ''COUPE''

''WAGON''

Comment

Originally posted by quaidum View Post
                        i don't know anything about these but they have a very high spring rate for the front
                        They're pretty stiff, but I think the OP is looking for a spring/shock combo.
                        There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

thats true but the konis are 550 and the neuspeed springs are 170 that 720 that not much less than the whole package with height adjustment. plus you won't have to take ur spring and shock assembly apart to get the top hat because it comes with upper pillow ball mounts
                          ''COUPE''

''WAGON''

Comment

Originally posted by quaidum View Post
                            thats true but the konis are 550 and the neuspeed springs are 170 that 720 that not much less than the whole package with height adjustment. plus you won't have to take ur spring and shock assembly apart to get the top hat because it comes with upper pillow ball mounts
                            Neuspeed sells a package w/Konis for $600+ shipping

Originally posted by lordoja
                            im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
                              Neuspeed sells a package w/Konis for $600+ shipping
                              ohhhh didn't know that well that helps out

i am not sure what setup i want to do, i have tokico blues and they are to soft for me (around turns to much body roll) i have been thinking about these two but don't want to jump into anything yet
                              http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=350113700473
                              ''COUPE''

''WAGON''

Comment

Working...
                              X