Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Can i get away without these?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can i get away without these?

I got my h23 in my var up and running but i havent driven it do to working two jobs and hibernating. My question is can i get away with not having the following things on my car?
    1). Turbo Timer
    2). Boost controller
    3). Dump pipe ( it needs to be bent cause i have no room)

I got them all its just space and i dont know how to wire stuff up. also i dont want it to look like i did it or tried to do it.

Also i hate that i had to cut my front bumper up to get it back on my car. Do any of yall got any pics of a stock bumper with turbo on it?

Originally posted by Youngill726 View Post
    I got my h23 in my var up and running but i havent driven it do to working two jobs and hibernating. My question is can i get away with not having the following things on my car?
    1). Turbo Timer
    2). Boost controller
    3). Dump pipe ( it needs to be bent cause i have no room)

I got them all its just space and i dont know how to wire stuff up. also i dont want it to look like i did it or tried to do it.

Also i hate that i had to cut my front bumper up to get it back on my car. Do any of yall got any pics of a stock bumper with turbo on it?
    just guessing that your car is "turbocharged"

turbo timer is not necessary.
    neither is a boost controller as long as you know what size spring you have in your wastegate. and if you want to change psi, you will have to change springs.
    and you definitely need a dumptube. unless you want to shoot flames at important things in your engine bay.
    by the look of this thread, it seems that you did not install the turbo parts yourself.
    if i were you i would do ALOT of research before i touched anything on the car.

Comment

naw it was me and my friend. the dump pipe is just to long for the space provided
      heres a pic

Comment

as long as your dumptube points away from everything, preferably twords the ground you will be ok.
        and its also probably not the best that thing your wastegate touches your radiator. those get pretty warm.

Comment

Yea I had to find that out the hard way. It blew a whole clean through the radiator. Now I have civic halfcut and a lotta more room? I'm lookn for piston and rods for h23a3. Is that even a jdm motor causr I can't find any parts for it.

Comment

Yea I had to find that out the hard way. It blew a whole clean through the radiator. Now I have civic halfcut and a lotta more room? I'm lookn for piston and rods for h23a3. Is that even a jdm motor causr I can't find any parts for it.
            H23A1/3? is not a JDM motor it's USDM
            Last edited by vietkid_2006; 06-15-2009, 10:40 PM.

Yes my name is Dang, Don't use in vain
            1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/Auto)
            1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/H22A MT)
            2008 Honda Accord EXL (Coupe/SanMarino/6spd)

Comment

H23A1 is the USDM motor. Not sure what the H23A3 is. Never even heard of it. JDM motors don't have numbers after the letters though... And the only JDM H23A was VTEC. Any non-VTEC H23A that I'm familiar with is USDM.

A turbo timer keeps your engine idling for a short time to allow the turbo to cool properly. You can do this yourself by not driving the car hard and then shutting it off immediately. When you park, let it idle for a minute or so before you cut the ignition.

Boost controller... you don't need that. Just make sure your wastegate works, and you have a spring set for low enough PSI. I'm assuming that you're running on a stock block.

Dump pipe... hit up an exhaust shop and have them bend a pipe that will fit, and have them weld on the appropriate flange. Not difficult. Just be VERY careful when you take the car there!

I know it goes beyond the scope of this thread, but I have to ask after seeing these questions... what are you doing to tune the ECU?

Comment

well im playing around wit hondata. im using a friend chipped ecu until i decide what tune i wanna go with. i heard alot about crome and uberdata but im not sure. any suggestions will be helpful cause thats 600+ dollars for hondata.

Comment

eCtune. $399 right now.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

i dont mean to sound dumb but what is ectune and is it good for turbo apps?

Comment

i dont mean to sound dumb but what is ectune and is it good for turbo apps?
                      honda tuning software

http://www.ectune.com/eCtune/AboutFe...7/Default.aspx

Comment

well i just been looking at them all but not sure

Comment

All quality tuning software will do the same thing for you. The biggest difference is the amount of features and the ease of using the application. Crome and Uberdata can be had for free (or paid for more features). ECtune is the same thing, essentially, but many people swear by it for being easy to use and powerful.

Knowing what the programs can do is the first step. Learning how to do it is the next step... and the next 20 steps. Actually putting the turbo on your engine should be the LAST step. You REALLY don't want to be learning how to tune on a boosted motor... especially if you're already willing to take shortcuts, like leaving out the dump pipe.

Comment

Leaving off the dump pump ain't that big of deal, especially if you don't get on it very often. I know people that have run without them forever. THey have a black underhood to show for it but no damaged parts.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

I just don't have room for the dump pipe so ill have to get it ben like yall said. The car hadn't been driven but once around da block

Comment

Working...
                              X