Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Prices of a H22A swap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prices of a H22A swap?

I really don't know the prices of what I should be looking for a:

H22A Swap
    H22A Swap/w Auto Tranny (I have a auto CB9, would it be a lot of work to put a manual in it?)
    Current:
    2007 Acura TL Type-S 6MT KBP

Past:
    1992 Honda Accord EX-R Sedan - RIP
    1991 Honda Accord EX-R Wagon - RIP 10/14/2010

Words change lives. You just got to choose the right ones.

Instagram: @CB7Nub

Check out the more active "CB7Tuner Canada" Facebook group for CANADIAN members ONLY.

Check around to various engine importers. Are you just asking about the price of the parts, or labor too?

Canadian dealers tend to have cheaper prices... Dealing with a Canadian importer is a bad deal for Americans, since it's hard to recover if they get crap... but you're in Canada, so you can take advantage of the lower prices. www.tigerjapanese.com is a decent one... though they do send some broken motors at times.

Comment

I bought a H22a auto swap for 1100 picked up not including new timing belt and other things like a tune up and some gaskets.

Comment

If you are patient and keep your eyes open, you can get really good deals. I got my H22A off of craigslist for $500 (also came with an extra head and set of cams). Since I got it so cheap, it was really easy to put some extra money in maintenance (gaskets, engine bearings, hoses, belts, etc).
        1992 Prelude S w/swapped H22A

Comment

im real cool with a shop owner i work partime doing small stuff(tuneups, gaskets ,droping motors 5spd converions, etc) there so he hooked it up.
          I got mine for 2100 whole kit plus 200 labor since im doing most of it. all shop owner is doing is wiring.just waiting for it to get here.
          by the way one thing all shopowners know around here is canada dealers=BIG nono most of the time! goodluck hunting!
          FYI: go with 5spd. the motors already out!
          Last edited by cb7trancebeast; 06-09-2009, 04:55 AM. Reason: added more stuff

Comment

from researching the H22A for my Cb7 I have learned it'll cost me about 2200 to 3000 dollars and that is for the engine and tranny and the labor...but me thinks with the rebuild that most of them require, it will be north of 3 Gs.

Comment

Hmotorsonline.com!

Got this for $2095 from Hmotorsonline. H22A with Auto LSD tranny and everything you see here.

Here's my H in the Cb..........

They sell the cleanest swaps around. Most of the SOCAL CB7 crew roll with H22's from Hmotors. Had mine for almost a year and no complaints!
              Last edited by R33cb7; 06-10-2009, 01:04 AM.

If imitation is the best form of flattery............thanks for kissing my ass.

Comment

Originally posted by RagingAsian View Post
                from researching the H22A for my Cb7 I have learned it'll cost me about 2200 to 3000 dollars and that is for the engine and tranny and the labor...but me thinks with the rebuild that most of them require, it will be north of 3 Gs.
                You don't really need a rebuild... A timing belt and water pump replacement is a must (though i didn't... the perils of having a shop do my swap for me...) Other things are optional, though the more you replace, the better

Comment

I agree, however I like piece of mind. so I think if you go through all of the steps, and make it a bit better by replacing the wear and tear parts and make sure everything else is square, then you dont have to worry about too much.

Comment

Working...
                  X