Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

need new injectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need new injectors

i recentlly found out that two if my injectors are f%*ked up so i want to buy new ones...any suggestions on good injector performance brands....price is not a problem

Originally posted by jdmtyteaccord View Post
    i recentlly found out that two if my injectors are f%*ked up so i want to buy new ones...any suggestions on good injector performance brands....price is not a problem
    just get stock ones. they are more than enough for basic mods.
    you wont need higher flowing injectors until you are making substantial power.

Bought from: Bisimoto, FuncOvrForm, HondaGuy1212, wed3k, Konigstiger, 1st2run, BillKisme, k-mart, benjerman112

Comment

Just how did you find this out ??

Comment

Originally posted by dano28 View Post
        Just how did you find this out ??
        True. Do you KNOW that they're bad, or are you assuming? Injectors aren't a common thing to fail on our cars, and 2 of them is unlikely. Not impossible, but unlikely. Before putting any money into new ones, I would find out WHY they went bad!

And yeah, you don't need any performance injectors. Just get stock replacement injectors.

Comment

my car was acting up so i took a trip to a diagnostic place and they told me about the problem.....how much do oem injectors go for???

Comment

my car was acting up so i took a trip to a diagnostic place and they told me about the problem.....how much do oem injectors go for???
            they go for free at the junkyard...

Bought from: Bisimoto, FuncOvrForm, HondaGuy1212, wed3k, Konigstiger, 1st2run, BillKisme, k-mart, benjerman112

Comment

Yeah, buying brand new injectors would be pricey. As I said, injectors aren't common things to fail... so junkyard injectors are very likely going to be alright. And while I don't condone stealing... yeah, they ARE pocket sized... or sock sized.

Do you know how they tested for bad injectors? I'm still not totally sure that they are your problem... One failing is uncomon. Two failing is highly unlikely. If they ARE bad, then there's something contributing to that failure, and you'd be wise to find that problem before spending any money on new injectors that may fall to the same fate.

Get some junkyard injectors. Free if you don't mind stealing, and taking the risk of getting caught... or whatever their price would be (not too expensive, I'm sure). I'd snag all 4, just to have a matched set. Plus, if 2 of yours ARE bad, the other two may be right behind.

Toss the junkyard injectors in and see if there's a difference. I assume you have some acceleration problem, and aren't just going on the word of the shop without any apparent symptoms...

Comment

ey ey...i might be a newcomer here but im not a newbie when it comes to mechanics.....i have lost acceleration power since i first bought the car and it has some starting problems...

Comment

Ok boss. Good luck to you.

Comment

ey ey...i might be a newcomer here but im not a newbie when it comes to mechanics.....i have lost acceleration power since i first bought the car and it has some starting problems...
                    lol, way to slap someone in the face when they were trying to help you.

you can always get junkyard injectors and have them flow tested, and I believe reconditioned?
                    Last edited by ikayto; 06-06-2009, 03:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X