Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

PGM-FI System is SEQUENTIAL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dano28 View Post
    Yes, yes heaven forbid someone try to clear up an erroneous concept concerning 4th gen Accords. Besides, I already admitted that I was wrong about ALL fuel injection systems being sequential. That's more than most here will do if they are clearly wrong.

Besides, I can't be banned, I'm 73 and can say anything I want to.

I posted in the other thread assuming that the person who said these engines aren't sequential was right (should know better than that)...the problem with what you said in the thread (and this one) is the implication that a simultaneous injection system is somehow preposterous.

Comment

MY EXPERIENCE:

i've taken the dizzy off the engine(obd0 and 1) while still connected to electrical, set key to acc/run and spun it by hand to listen for injector activity, definitly seq multi port....not batch, or dual point. dont forget to disconnect fuel pump when doing this.

they've been doing this on honda's i've worked on as early as 86 that feature mfpi as opposed to the civics dpfi (dual point fuel injection). instead of having a log style intake, it looks like a carb instead 2 fuel injectors in the side of the down draft throttle body. ( for those who dont know )

check out the 1.5l 1990 civic non si model, they all pretty much run dpfi in those years.. 92+ they went to mfpi on the eg chassis 1.5l and pretty much anything after that was mfpi on any model.
      Last edited by cvandulken; 06-03-2009, 04:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by visualpoet View Post
        I haven't seen anything here that would require anything that drastic. It's just a discussion. No flaming or name calling or anything like that.
        . . . yet

The Hatch < < - - - - - - - - - - - - - - My Cars - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - > > The Accord

Comment

One of the things that made PGM-FI such a break through in the first place was that it was one of the first electronically operated and optimized sequential fuel injection systems offered on the market.

Many others were still using mechanical fuel injection, or batch fired fuel injection systems. Some high end cars had already implemented sequential systems, but Hondas was one of the best at that time, and it was much more accessible price wise. It was one of the tools that allowed Honda to squeeze more efficiency out of their engines relative to everyone else.

They did dabble in what amounted to throttle body injection (DPFI), but they fairly quickly had made the transition to all sequential MPFI, and were a leader in that regard. Many companies continued to use TBI or batch fire injection for sometime after.

For the record, the last DPI Honda I can think of was the 1991 Civic, and everything after that was all PGM-FI.
          The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

I'm glad this was cleared up. I was doubting myself a bit after reading the post in that other thread.

Good read here so far.
            MRT(vvv) --Stock CB7 Enthusiast #1--

Vouches: new_beginnings, ThrakBarts, beanzfynest617, JaK FRoSTWhiTE, 92_EX_Ninja, mak
            Originally posted by deevergote
            i am with the dumb. i cannot brain.

Comment

coulda sworn when i looked at the wiring diagram a while back the injectors all shared power and ground...but they do not. Each have a separate ground through the ecu...thus...sequential...or at least the potential for sequential.

http://smash.systemsabuse.com/HaynesWiringDiagrams.pdf

around b-11

coolness
              Last edited by bcjammerx; 06-04-2009, 04:32 AM. Reason: eh...i was being dumb
              ____

Comment

my 86 300zx nissan is group fire 1,3,5 and then 2,4,6 but after 3k rpms it turns into batch fire in pairs...not really efficient.
                What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Originally posted by bcjammerx View Post
                  coulda sworn when i looked at the wiring diagram a while back the injectors all shared power and ground...but they do not. Each have a separate ground through the ecu...thus...sequential...or at least the potential for sequential.
                  Ok..by looking at the wiring diagram you see there is the POTENTIAL for sequential fuel injection. But you are still not sure if PGM-FI actually is sequential or not ?

What do you need as proof ??

Comment

Working...
                  X