Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

PGM-FI System is SEQUENTIAL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PGM-FI System is SEQUENTIAL

This came up during the stupid thread about running your car with with one spark plug wire removed.

It seems that there is an impression out there that says that ALL four injectors fire at the same time. This would be an exceedingly stupid way to waste fuel. Frankly, I have never heard of such a thing on any car.

I could probably search and find a better reference but for now, this should do.

In the free online service manual for the 94 Accords ( the best one for the F22A's) Section 11 page 20 it states:

"The PGM-FI system on this model is a sequential multiport fuel injection system"

Now...if you believe differently, post YOUR reference.

I don't know on Honda. But in BMW from 1984 to 1986 ALL four injectors fire at the same time. Then in 1987 they change it to sequential. This is on the six cylinders engine
    Accord Of The Month January 09
    Accord Of The Year 09

My 2 Babys
    BMW TECH FOR 15 YEARS

Comment

Originally posted by RICHIE*GT35R View Post
      I don't know on Honda. But in BMW from 1984 to 1986 ALL four injectors fire at the same time. Then in 1987 they change it to sequential. This is on the six cylinders engine
      So let me get this straight.... on the BMW 84-86 six cylinder engines ALL four injectors fire at the same time. Hahahaha

I doubt that very much.

Damn, even the Civic punks that hang out at my local Dairy Queen know better than this.

In the Chilton's manual for 1984-1995 Accord and Prelude, section 4 page 21 it states " The CYL sensor is used to detect rhe position of No. 1 cylinder, the signal is used to trigger the sequential fuel injection"

Come on lets see YOUR reference material..
      Last edited by dano28; 06-03-2009, 07:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dano28 View Post
        So let me get this straight.... on the BMW 84-86 six cylinder engines ALL four injectors fire at the same time. Hahahaha

I doubt that very much.

In the Chilton's manual for 1984-1995 Accord and Prelude, section 4 page 21 it states " The CYL sensor is used to detect rhe position of No. 1 cylinder, the signal is used to trigger the sequential fuel injection"

Come on lets see YOUR reference material..
        Then doubt it!!! I'm a master tech for 14 years for BMW. I know what I'm saying, I own 2 E30, one 84 and 85 both vehicle injectors fire at the same time. It's used to be call batch fire and I meant ALL 6 injectors LOL
        Last edited by RICHIE*GT35R; 06-03-2009, 08:05 AM.
        Accord Of The Month January 09
        Accord Of The Year 09

My 2 Babys
        BMW TECH FOR 15 YEARS

Comment

Then doubt it!!! I'm a master tech for 14 years for BMW.
          Owned
          **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
          Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
          Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Several GM V6's used batch fire injection as well. It's not like the fuel goes to waste; the atomized fuel just hangs around in the runner until that specific cylinders intake valves open.

It's not as efficient as sequential, but it does work.
            Originally posted by sweet91accord
            if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

There is such a thing as simultaneous and batch multiport fuel injection:

From Wikipedia:
              "Multi-point fuel injection injects fuel into the intake port just upstream of the cylinder's intake valve, rather than at a central point within an intake manifold, referred to as SPFI, or single point fuel injection. MPFI (or just MPI) systems can be sequential, in which injection is timed to coincide with each cylinder's intake stroke, batched, in which fuel is injected to the cylinders in groups, without precise synchronization to any particular cylinder's intake stroke, or Simultaneous, in which fuel is injected at the same time to all the cylinders.

All modern EFI systems utilize sequential MPFI. Some Toyotas and other Japanese cars from the 1970s to the early 1990s used an application of Bosch's multipoint L-Jetronic system manufactured under license by DENSO."

Another read:
              http://www.picoauto.com/tutorials/fuel-injection2.html

However, our Accords are sequential.

From Haynes manual:
              "On these models, the crank angle sensor (CRANK) determines the timing for the fuel injection and ignition on each cylinder. It also detects engine RPM. The TDC sensor determines the ignition timing at start-up (engine cranking) and the CYL sensor determines the position of the cylinder for sequential fuel injection to each cylinder. All three sensors are built into the distributor.

Further reading:
              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PGM-FI

By the way, did anyone know that CB7Tuner is mentioned on the Honda Accord page on Wikipedia? I wonder who put that there....

"The fault-finder will find faults even in paradise. Love your life, poor as it is. You may perhaps have some pleasant, thrilling, glorious hours, even in a poorhouse."-Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Then doubt it!!! I'm a master tech for 14 years for BMW. I know what I'm saying, I own 2 E30, one 84 and 85 both vehicle injectors fire at the same time. It's used to be call batch fire and I meant ALL 6 injectors LOL
                I assuming you are only addressing my statement that I never heard of any FI system that fired all injectors at the same time. Ok, I'm wrong about that but are you saying that the engines used in CB7's do NOT have sequential FI ?

What the hell is an E30 ??
                Last edited by dano28; 06-03-2009, 09:02 AM.

Comment

I assuming you are only addressing my statement that I never heard of any FI system that fired all injectors at the same time. Ok, I'm wrong about that but are you saying that the engines used in CB7's do NOT have sequential FI ?

WTF? Are you trying to start a fight? He clearly said "I don't know on Honda. But in BMW...". He's not saying you're wrong, he's saying there are batch fired cars out there, that's all. Relax. E30 is a bmw chassis

Comment

Yay Google!
                    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_E30

1999 BMW M3
                    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

How long before this gets closed or deleted?? Or somebody gets banned.....

Comment

Originally posted by Shag Wagon View Post
                        I haven't seen anything here that would require anything that drastic. It's just a discussion. No flaming or name calling or anything like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Shag Wagon View Post
                          Yes, yes heaven forbid someone try to clear up an erroneous concept concerning 4th gen Accords. Besides, I already admitted that I was wrong about ALL fuel injection systems being sequential. That's more than most here will do if they are clearly wrong.

Besides, I can't be banned, I'm 73 and can say anything I want to.

Last edited by dano28; 06-03-2009, 09:53 AM.

Comment

Besides, I can't be banned, I'm 73 and can say anything I want to.
                            Since when does age play a part in the "banning" process?

1999 BMW M3
                            2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                            2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                            2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by JoshM View Post
                              Since when does age play a part in the "banning" process?
                              He's "grandfathered" in?

Comment

Working...
                              X