Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

motor mounts good or bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

motor mounts good or bad?

i need a set of motor mounts for my 92 h22a accord, i know how to replace them but need to know what brand to buy, i was gonna get ANCHOR at autozone and did some research, most peoples say do NOT get anchor, they suck, and honda r way too expensive, so what do u have on urs,

i just did some more research, if i put energy suspension inserts on my bad motor mount, does that fix the problem?

thanks
    Last edited by Sleeper00; 06-02-2009, 11:15 AM.

inserts on bad mounts might help a little but won't fix anything. And you will have everything taken apart to put them in so why not put new mounts in? I got the front & rear mount for about $70 off ebay. Inserts would be great with new mounts though and might keep them from breaking again soon.
    Officially "hilarious mad sarcastic"! Thanks CB74christ for the recognition of my work.

Comment

is the car a 5spd?

I like ESP's quality and for being aftermarket the price is good too.

Comment

yes its 5sp, what kind should i get, i heard anchor is junk, i found a set on ebay for $145 but not sure what brand, pretty sure not any better than anchor,any ideas? i know i need it

Comment

doesn't Beck Arnley make motor mounts for our car? that's the only other brand i trust inside my Honda.

Comment

advanced auto parts sell them, but some1 told me autozone and advanced stuffs r junk

Comment

i don't believe everything people tells me. the only way to find out if it's junk or not is to try it out. it's a trial and error process. for all we know those guys might have been using those brands and then making a race car or not installing them correctly.

but if you've got 284 bucks, ESP is the way to go. nice solid mounts with poly. takes two weeks to get to your door but once you get them, they will probably be the last set you'll ever need.

Comment

i heard about esp, u see i have h22a swap but its for daily drive, can't really race it on street, i m just looking for some brand that doesn't need to replace it again later on, like the stock on this car last for like 17 years, see the 1 they sell on ebay, most of them made in china, doesn't last long

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper00 View Post
                  i heard about esp, u see i have h22a swap but its for daily drive, can't really race it on street, i m just looking for some brand that doesn't need to replace it again later on, like the stock on this car last for like 17 years, see the 1 they sell on ebay, most of them made in china, doesn't last long
                  ESP!! all the way for $275. they are rock solid. It will make your engine little stiff since it not soft like honda one

Comment

would u get ANCHOR $42 from ur local part for ur honda?? or $90 from honda dealer? this price is just for the front, i m planning to keep this car for another few years

Comment

You get what you are paid for. What is the warranty on those mount?

or do this

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=118013

Comment

they r lifetime warranty, i was gonna go get it after work today, but dont need it now, i m gonna get that windo weld to instead, i saw my friend did that long time ago, but didn't really know that will work,

hey XcluziveAZN thank you for that link, that really help me thanks again

this is should all the replys be, help others problems

Comment

i just did the front mount with 3m windo weld couples days ago, my idle got alot better and it shift alot smoother, i m gonna do the rear when i have time, i have been having this idle problem , finally got it under control, for those of u having idle problems, this might solve ur problem, the best $20 i ever spend on parts

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper00 View Post
                            i just did the front mount with 3m windo weld couples days ago, my idle got alot better and it shift alot smoother, i m gonna do the rear when i have time, i have been having this idle problem , finally got it under control, for those of u having idle problems, this might solve ur problem, the best $20 i ever spend on parts
                            When you said idle problems, do you mean it shakes at idle?
                            So you did not buy the mount but fill the old one with 3M Windows weld right?
                            Thanks,

Comment

yes i did, instead of buying a new mount, it worked

Comment

Working...
                              X