Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Any Help Would Be Much Appreciated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Help Would Be Much Appreciated

Wats Up Fellow Tuners...where To Start Well I Got A 91 Accord Lx And I Been Having Some Problems With Her...i Recently Did A Whole New Head Job Cause My Valves Were Bent Pretty Bad And Now Its Having Some Trouble Starting Up And When I Drive I Cant Really Accelerate Quickly Cause It Sounds Like It Kinda Misfires...also I Been Smelling Some Gas Creeping In Through My Vents...my Opinion Is Something With The Fuel Delivery System Either The Injectors Or The Fuel Pressure Regulator Cause The Fuel Pump Is Brand New...any Help In This Matter Would Be Appreciated

Ps...street Racing Is Not Illegal

Originally posted by jdmtyteaccord View Post
    Ps...street Racing Is Not Illegal
    I'm sure that argument will hold up well in court.

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

how many miles after the head job did this start?

double check everything,
      are u leaking fuel also?
      or just smelling it?

sounds like timing culd be off too?
      is timing correct?

just curious, but y do u capitalize so many of us words?
      i gotta kick outta that

ps: street racing kills

Comment

is this the stock f22a6? just put a new engine in it..theyre inexpensive. Blew my headgasket on my first one and just spent 300$ on a new negine with a 60 day warranty with only like 101,000 miles..dropped it in only took 2 days out with the old. in with the new
        Last edited by Clean-CB7; 06-01-2009, 01:18 PM.

TYPE R Big Build thread 25,000+ VIEWS!!!http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=123069
        I feel like BIG MEECH! LARRY HOOVER! whippin work! haileliuah one nation under god. REAL naggas gettin money from the freakin START!

Comment

it was doin the same thing before the head job so i knew it was a separate problem from the bent valves...it isnt leaking any fuel im just smelling it...the timing is on point..can the smell of fuel come from a missing fuel injector o ring.....?

my friends laptop has a weird function where it capitalizes all of the words lmao....trust im not a big grammar fan

Comment

That function is called caps lock. You can turn it off.

And I AM a big grammar fan... if I can't understand you, I can't help you. If I have to work too hard to figure out what you're saying... it's too much work for me. You're the one that needs help. I'm not going to work any more than I have to in order to fix YOUR problems.

If your valves were bent, they probably hit the pistons. This can cause scoring in the pistons, which can cause rough edges. Rough edges make hot spots, which can lead to detonation. Detonation can cause further damage to the head, pistons, cylinder walls, etc... It's very possible that you've already damaged that newly rebuilt head.

If you're smelling fuel, it could be a problem with the fuel system. If you are having trouble accelerating, it could be a fuel system issue. Underfueling could also be causing some issues. Get a fuel pressure gauge and make sure your pressure is up to spec. Have your injectors cleaned, or replace them with known good ones. Replace the fuel rail. Replace your fuel filter (do this first... it's easy, and should be done anyway). Inspect the lines for damage.

However, bent or improperly seated valves could also result in a gas smell, a loss of power, and improper combustion. If the air/fuel mixture can be blown out of an open valve on the compression stroke, it will be. Unburned fuel will be forced out (if you're smelling it, it's likely that it's through the intake valves) and it won't be burned.

Do a compression test. That will tell you if your motor is screwed on the inside. If that comes up clean, look to the fuel system.

Comment

just came back from the shop...got some good news and some bad news...i took your advice and got a compression test everything is good and i also got the injectors checked and everything seems to be fine...the guy at the shop told me that its probably an electrical problem or something wrong with my computer....any opinions on this on going investigation will be appreciated

Comment

Is your check engine light on? I don't feel like trying to decipher your posts to figure out if you have an automatic, but if you do, is your S or D4 light on or flashing?

Those things will indicate a problem with your ECU or TCU. If there are no lights on, then the computers probably aren't the issue.

When your mechanic did the compression check, did you or he check the spark plugs? They will show what is going on in the cylinders. If your compression is good, and your injectors are working, but you still smell gas, have a misfire, and have issues accelerating... then something isn't igniting the fuel. One or more of the spark plugs should be fouled. Probably a chocolate brown color if the fuel isn't igniting properly.

Replace your spark plugs, wires, distributor cap and rotor, igniter, and coil. Those things will take care of the most common issues when it comes to ignition problems. If fuel is good, the next thing to look at is ignition. Once we rule that out, we can dig deeper. All the things I'm telling you to check and replace should be done periodically anyway, so you're not wasting any money... just performing proper maintenance on your car.

Comment

Originally posted by 90LXCB7Newbie View Post
                  ps: street racing kills
                  so do cigarettes
                  Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
                  Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
                  Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
                  Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
                  Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
                  Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

when im going up a hill it struggles which is a common sympton of a faulty igniton coil....maybe thats it...will check the ignition system and get back at you...thanx for you help so far bro

Comment

Weak ignition means poor acceleration and unburnt fuel and that would explain the fuel smell. Timing could also do that. I would also look for an exhaust leak if your smelling it that bad. If you dont have a check engine light on make sure it lights up when you put teh key in. If not the bulb is burnt and odds are you are throwing codes that could help solve your problems. Just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by fatboy1185 View Post
                        so do cigarettes
                        But nobody felt the need to talk about cigarettes in this thread.

Comment

yea my opinion is that its an ignition problem...i had my injectors checked again by a trusted friend and it appears that two of my injectors are dirty...i know you can clean em but since their pretty old i figured i would just buy all four of them brand new...besides that ima run to my boys shop and check all the components of the ignition system...il get back at ya

Comment

Working...
                          X