Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

major air out of my breather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

major air out of my breather

ok guys i have an f22a1 and im gettin a major amount of air out of my breather. now the first thing i though was my rings so i did a compresstion test and it came out 180 accross the block idk what else it is oh its also burning oil cuz the air coming out of the breather is blue any ideas

you'd be burning oil if the plugs were black and carboned or the exhaust smoke was blue.
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

how does that help me with the air out of the breather im not tryin to be rude or anything

Comment

Originally posted by lildeez07 View Post
        how does that help me with the air out of the breather im not tryin to be rude or anything
        it might mean you are not burning oil but the crankcase could be pressurized.
        I <3 G60.

Comment

if its pressurizing what could it be

Comment

It just means you have a lot of crank case pressure. Which can indicate some compression being lost and going into the crank case through the rings.

A few ways to fix this. Re-ring your motor, or create a way to evacuate as much crank case pressure as possible.

Look up catch cans and crank case ventilation systems. It's nothing out of the ordinary.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
              It just means you have a lot of crank case pressure. Which can indicate some compression being lost and going into the crank case through the rings.

A few ways to fix this. Re-ring your motor, or create a way to evacuate as much crank case pressure as possible.

Look up catch cans and crank case ventilation systems. It's nothing out of the ordinary.
              thanks man this is what i was lookin for but two questions
              could it be somithing to do with the valve guides or somethin in the head
              second question the compression test cam out good so th rings cant be that bad could they? i mean the test was good 180 accross the block

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post

but if the rings were to be going out, it would smoke upon revving.
                I <3 G60.

Comment

He never said anything about it not smoking. And I'm not saying they're going out completely, just enough to cause the pressure.

For all we know it's just the normal pressure and he's making it a bigger deal than it really is because he doesn't know better.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

its also burning oil cuz the air coming out of the breather is blue
                    Project M3 - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=157903
                    -(B-Pillar Bar Originator)-

Comment

i know what the normal pressure is and it above the norm. yes there is a lil smoke it looks like blue steam. i know about motor and the pcv system i kno that there is a problem but i dont want to just be takin a shot in the dark so i asked you guys on the board for a lil help cuz i dont want to rebuild the bottom end for it to be somethin in the head ya know

Comment

so far everything i have said has come from while the car is at idle

Comment

i know what the normal pressure is and it above the norm. yes there is a lil smoke it looks like blue steam. i know about motor and the pcv system i kno that there is a problem but i dont want to just be takin a shot in the dark so i asked you guys on the board for a lil help cuz i dont want to rebuild the bottom end for it to be somethin in the head ya know
                          you measured the crankcase pressure?
                          I <3 G60.

Comment

no but i compared the amount of out that comes out of there with another car (same motor) and mine comes out in a bigger volume the other car has very little compared to mine. oh and the air that comes out smells like gas on my car but on the other car the smell wasnt as strong

Comment

if its like mine, ur rings r going out slowly but surely...

and r u talkin' bout a breather u added on?
                              cuz its better to leave that hose to the intake and just put an oil catch can there and between ur pcv and mani.
                              works wonders, i cant wait to do it to mine,
                              it will help with the oil burning too (a lil bit n e ways)

Comment

Working...
                              X