Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

HELP ME PLEASE! Fellow accord buds...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP ME PLEASE! Fellow accord buds...

So here is tha story... I blew my head gasket and me and my buds repaired it but when one of my friends went to put tha distributor back on and line it up he was having problems with it and then we got it on finally and I started up my car and it wouldnt start up, we forgot about tha timing... So we took back out tha distributor and I noticed that the quarter sized two pronged thing at tha end of it had one of tha prongs broken off.. not good and it broke off inside the engine and thats even worse....

SO ANYBODY WITH ANY TIPS ON GETTING THAT OUT OF THE ENGINE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRIECIATED!

Just basically wanting to see if I can get it out without taking everything apart. THANKS AGAIN 2 ANYONE WHO CAN HELP ME

take the valve cover off

It should not be in the engine or anything. There is a female groove on the camshaft end that match with male end on the distributor. Are you sure that broke off in there?

I found it hard to believe that broke that thick prong

Take a flashlight and look to see if something stuck in there

Last time when i change the distributor I made sure i mark where the prong and the rotor cap was on the thing before i put it back on.

Comment

This not accord cam but you get the idea of what the distributor is connecting to.

Comment

Thanks a tha write man....

Yeah the thick aaazzzz prong broke off... C my friend helped and he said it was lined up and to try and start it and then I think thats when it broke inside the engine because when I took it off it was goooonnne!

Man I miss not being able 2 drive my baby...

Comment

it only goes in one way, it shouldn't have any resistance.. it should just be a quick pop from the o ring sealing, and thats it.. there should be very little force.

Comment

I would kick your friend ass and tell him to buy you new distributor!

Just get new aka USED distributor off from here or go to junk yard.

Get like flat head or something and get that broken prong off the cam. It should be very simple.

When you install the new distributor make sure the prong LINE UP and fit into that cam groove.
            If it fills like a virgin....you are doing something wrong!!! LOL!! It should feel like an old lady

Comment

make sure the engine is lined up with the dizzy...
              aka TDC with your cam arrows and the dizzy rotor pointed to #1 cylinder.

I know from experience. you only do this once.
              when installed backwards this prong brakes.

and like they said go to the junkyard, but don't buy the dizzy.
              you can pocket that prong portion. there is a snap ring (Oring)
              installed just remove it with some fine needle nose pliers,
              there is a break in the ring just pull out and up. and put it in your pocket.
              unless you want the entire dizzy.

good luck my friend.
              MadLab Racing
              Southern Maryland

Comment

Sooo? if it wouldve broke off in tha engine then it would be stuck in tha cam groove???

Comment

Yeah I just miss driving my BABY!!! Dont know about u guys, but when my cb7 is out of commission than I feels like a part of me is missing or something ya know???... =)

Comment

This is a common problem with Honda engines and distributors. The lugs and grooves are NOT symetrical. They are slightly offset. So if you try to force a distributor on to the camshaft 180 degrees out of alignment, something is likely to break.

You need to use manuals when working on these cars.

Don't let Camaroo or Mustang guys work on your Honda. They are used to working on stuff designed 60 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by dano28 View Post

Don't let Camaroo or Mustang guys work on your Honda. They are used to working on stuff designed 60 years ago.
                      That is no lie at all...AMEN to that!!!!
                      The CB7 Collector.
                      Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
                      92 LX Coupe F22A1
                      2013 Toyota Corolla S
                      92 EX Sedan F22A1
                      Originally posted by deevergote
                      Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

Yeah but at least my dumma@#%#$ friend got me a new distributor and this time I will install it myself.... Ya know tha said thing he has an Accord too... lol

Comment

Originally posted by JLENNON27 View Post
                          Yeah but at least my dumma@#%#$ friend got me a new distributor and this time I will install it myself.... Ya know tha said thing he has an Accord too... lol
                          Just remember when you are installing your new one that you can take the cap off and use the rotor to rotate the shaft, so it should be no problem at all to get it lined up.
                          1992 Prelude S w/swapped H22A

Comment

Thanks 2 everyone who helped me out cause I got it fixed... =)

Comment

Working...
                            X