Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

RSX Coilovers on ACCORD??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RSX Coilovers on ACCORD??

Well i was just wondering if the acura rsx coilovers(slevves fit on our CB7's? Appreciate the response!

If they're cheap, no-name sleeves, probably.

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Well i couldnt make the name of it but i think there SWB im not sure but the look good better than ebay slevees.lol!
      Originally posted by JoshM View Post
      If they're cheap, no-name sleeves, probably.

Comment

save yourself the trouble and just get ones made for 90-93 accords

Comment

Yea bro. I have some that i just bought. The reason for the question is that my mechanic has a RSX and hes getting rid of his coils since he not a tuner type and told me i could have them for cheap. Im think there good brand since his DC5 has skunk2 shift knob and a true JDM Honda Integra hatch. But looks can be deceiving!
          Originally posted by ja23merz View Post
          save yourself the trouble and just get ones made for 90-93 accords

Comment

If I were you, I'd pass on the deal because most likely they won't fit. Even if they did fit, the coilovers won't be designed for the accord (i.e. spring rate will be off) resulting in a not so pleasant ride.

Comment

Originally posted by ja23merz View Post
              the coilovers won't be designed for the accord (i.e. spring rate will be off) resulting in a not so pleasant ride.
              And you think cheap coilover sleeves "for" 90-97 Accords were actually "designed" for the Accord and will be a comfortable ride?

1999 BMW M3
              2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
              2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
              2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

True! Well i guess il pass the deal on. I was just thinkn of using the springs instead of the ones that came in my coilover kit.?

Comment

I thought skunk2 are one of the cheaper knobs for the RSX, I've seen them go for $35. It would be cool to see the rsx coilovers work for the accord though.

Comment

i say try it,
                    take a front one off and c if it fits...
                    its simple and wuld only take a few minutes if u have air to use,
                    then reply back and u lets US know if they fit

Comment

Yea they will fit, you will just have to swap the strut towers and subframes from the RSX to the CB. I'm not so sure that's worth the effort.

Originally posted by lordoja
                      im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

To diameter of the rsx spring is almost twice that of a cb spring. You could probably put accords springs on a rsx but not vise versa they are to big and wouldn't even catch the strut. The bottom would most likly fall down at hit the lower control arm.
                        -1991 Honda Accord LX H22a-

Comment

Yea bro thats what i was thinkn. Well ima pass this deal on.
                          Originally posted by customchord View Post
                          To diameter of the rsx spring is almost twice that of a cb spring. You could probably put accords springs on a rsx but not vise versa they are to big and wouldn't even catch the strut. The bottom would most likly fall down at hit the lower control arm.

Comment

just lowered my friend RSX with him the other night, no way possible. maybe, the rear would, but thats doubtful.

Comment

Take the deal, then sell them to someone with an RSX for a profit. Use your newfound money to purchase a PROPER suspension setup for your car (also get new shocks... you do NOT want to lower your car on the 20 year old tubes that are holding it up now!... it's very dangerous!)

Comment

Working...
                              X