Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

back fire?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
    It could do some serious damage to the internals... or cause a fire.
    how long dose it tak to do that

Comment

damnn a fire!?! thts no good! ima check the plugs 2mo im running low things to check..
      2004 Accord Sedan CM6 (daily)
      Koni Yellows, Hood Bra,Splash Guards,Deck Lid,Weather Mats,Sunroof Visor,Fog Lights <-All OEM, Mugen Door Visors, 07 Tsx Wheels.
      1990 Accord Coupe CB7 (project)
      H22 Swap, Skunk2 Springs on Koni Str.t, Rear Disk Swap, Fog Lights, 92-93 Trunk Conversion, 02 Accord Rims

Comment

today we took out my boys plugs because of backfiring and the first cylinder the spark plug was nearly round when they are suppose to be flat if he would of kept runnibg then they would cause detonation and when that happens bye bye motor ...sometimes
        F-Bomb 95 Civic coupe-My Ride Thread

Comment

Originally posted by phayze View Post
          how long dose it tak to do that
          Are you seriously asking that?

Fix your car before you blow it up... or before you hurt yourself. When something is broken, there is no set time. You're already on borrowed time.

Comment

i get back fire once a while, but i m running with NO cat, my friend car does it same thing, we both got h22a, mayb h22a does have backfire because they run a little rich?

Comment

my car does the same thing when im down shifting it pops all crazy sounds pretty cool if you ask me . and wen i take off from 1st to 2nd at high rpms thats when mine back fires i got headers and a full catback exhaust i thought it was just air flow

Comment

Originally posted by justin'saccord View Post
                my car does the same thing when im down shifting it pops all crazy sounds pretty cool if you ask me . and wen i take off from 1st to 2nd at high rpms thats when mine back fires i got headers and a full catback exhaust i thought it was just air flow
                same thing for me i have an h22A to but ill jus get it checked anyways to be safe

Comment

my h22 used to do this. the p13 ECU for the h22 runs a little rich from the factory. i also had a header into straight pipe to a skunk2 catback... i had a straight pipe welded in place of the cat.

in cold starts if i take off somewhat decent and let off to shift into second i will shoot a small flame. i have a chipped ECU now. when i had the p13 i could shoot flames basically everytimg i shifted into second and third

Comment

Originally posted by N9netwoAccord View Post
                    my h22 used to do this. the p13 ECU for the h22 runs a little rich from the factory. i also had a header into straight pipe to a skunk2 catback... i had a straight pipe welded in place of the cat.

in cold starts if i take off somewhat decent and let off to shift into second i will shoot a small flame. i have a chipped ECU now. when i had the p13 i could shoot flames basically everytimg i shifted into second and third
                    so geting the igniton timed wont do any thing

Comment

my friends 90 accord with stock motor after we did headerback with no cats it backfired we just never fixed cause we thought it sounded cool looks like i should email him this thread lol

Comment

my car shoot out flame too when i go 1st all the way to 2nd, i didn't know til i was racing at one night then i saw big flash when i look at the mirror, then my friend told me my car was shooting out flame when i shift, it does it more when i put in new sparkplugs , that was cool

Comment

juice21s car used to shoot flames from first to second and second to third after he got it tuned when he races in 3rd gear or is on the dyno for a 3rd gear pull after they let off the gas it pops or at times may shoot fire, is that bad?

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=136667

Comment

Make sure you are using the proper heat range plugs.

Comment

Working...
                            X