Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

H22 vs H23 Trans on F22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H22 vs H23 Trans on F22

okay, ive done my research for nearly almost an hour. I found some answers to what i was searching for. Except this..

How is the H22 tranny on an F22? How is the H23 tranny on an F22?

whats better and what not? thanks fellaz.

Both the h22 & h23 trannys have only 1 overdrive gear (5th), vs the f22's has 2 overdrive gears (4th & 5th). The gearing between the h22 & h23 is really close, but the biggest difference is in 5th gear, the h23 is longer then the h22, so overall rpms for the same speed is lower. Remember the h23 & h22 typically rev higher then our f22.
    PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

I'd get the h23 for sure. You gonna be at like 3.5k at 70
      -1991 Honda Accord LX H22a-

Comment

the h23 and h22 also have different final drives.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
        member ride thread
        11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
        DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
        People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
        I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
        John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

also matters if you get the usdm h22 vs the jdm h22

Formerly 91AccordExR33
          11.68 @ 127mph
          417whp/375wtq
          Sold: 8/2016

Comment

jdm h22 trans comes with lsd if I remember correctly? Also in japan they didn't have h23, but instead f22b? What tranny does the jdm f22b use?
            PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

Originally posted by cloudasc View Post
              jdm h22 trans comes with lsd if I remember correctly? Also in japan they didn't have h23, but instead f22b? What tranny does the jdm f22b use?
              not all jdm h22 do they are 2 diff codes i have a m2a4

slight shorter first than usdm h22
              all gears are same and 5th is longer for daily driving
              no lsd
              F-Bomb 95 Civic coupe-My Ride Thread

Comment

really excited to grab this tranny, a neighbor of mine is selling it to me for 350..and i want to get it, some people say it makes a big diff. compared to the f tranny. they said the car actually feels alot quicker and someone told me with that tranny, the accord can stay with some b series vtec from a sligtly mod to stock f series. is this fo'real?

Comment

Originally posted by JDM_Certified View Post
                  really excited to grab this tranny, a neighbor of mine is selling it to me for 350..and i want to get it, some people say it makes a big diff. compared to the f tranny. they said the car actually feels alot quicker and someone told me with that tranny, the accord can stay with some b series vtec from a sligtly mod to stock f series. is this fo'real?
                  The gears are shorter, which helps acceleration. You loose top end, though, and cruising sucks. Here's a list of transmissions: and their ratios.
                  1992 Prelude S w/swapped H22A

Comment

wow the 4th gear is different on the P2U5 as opposed to the M2U5
                    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Either H trans will liven the F22 up, but the H22 is best IMO. I'm a 1/4 mile guy, so that's the only thing I take into consideration. I could care less what RPM I'm cruising at 80mph. 4k would be just fine with me.

The H23 vs H22 5th gear rpm's won't be far from each other, so I'd just get an H22 trans if that's one of your worries.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Working...
                      X