Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Top speed question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top speed question...

I have a stock automatic 1993 Honda accord 10th anniversary ed. running an f22a1 engine. I see video of people hit like 125 in them, but mine after like 102mph. starts to accelerate very slowly, even with my pedal to the floor. One night there was me and my friend (combined weight of 300 lbs) in my car. i was on the highway going fast and i hit 108mph on the highway and when i was going that fast it seemed like it was a chore for my car to go that fast. I use gum out every so often to help keep the inside of my engine clean and i also keep the air filter and throttle body clean. Anyone have any idea that might help my top end acceleration without using engine parts?

nope, you're pretty much SOL in simple terms

Comment

Originally posted by Anniversary-Ed. View Post
      Anyone have any idea that might help my top end acceleration without using engine parts?

1999 BMW M3
      2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
      2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
      2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Check your tire condition and pressure, and alignment maybe. Definitely sounds like there's something wrong. Have fun experimenting to figure it out!

Comment

you prob. need a tune up. Your car is old and the parts are more than likely worn out/not at their best condition. So you prob. don't have as much power as you could have.

member's ride thread
          93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
          99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
          91 Accord SE 176k
          97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

i agree on the tune up cause mines a tenth and pretty much bone stock, and she does lag on top end but she makes it to the speed limiter with no probs and runs there all day long of course mines had full regular maintenance schedule its whole 102,000 mile life, speed limiter is 112 113 somewhere in that area
            Random Customs
            Praise the lowered

Comment

Originally posted by randomcustoms View Post
              i agree on the tune up cause mines a tenth and pretty much bone stock, and she does lag on top end but she makes it to the speed limiter with no probs and runs there all day long of course mines had full regular maintenance schedule its whole 102,000 mile life, speed limiter is 112 113 somewhere in that area
              The speed limiter is that low? I thought the top speed was like 120-125ish. Even at 108 i was only at like 4000rpms and my car redlines at 6200rpms. And the rpms move up slowly as speed increases.

Is your car auto or did you have it converted?

Comment

There is a speed limiter programmed in the ecu, its there because LX/DX's didn't come with tires that were high speed rated. EX Accords came with high speed rated tires, so they don't have speed limiters. So I would suggest you upgrade the tires at least before switching ECU's.

The ecu's you can use are from either a 90-93 Accord EX, or a 92-95 Prelude S (P12). The prelude ecu is good for an extra 10hp in a LX/DX

1999 BMW M3
                2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

i learn somethin new every day, i have been lookin for a p12 for the ten horses but i did not know about the speed limiter
                  Random Customs
                  Praise the lowered

Comment

Originally posted by Anniversary-Ed. View Post

Is your car auto or did you have it converted?
                    ya mines is an auto
                    Random Customs
                    Praise the lowered

Comment

Dunno why you want to go that fast. I hit 115 in my 90

Nearly shit my pants.

Comment

The best thing is for you to due a tuneup. new plugs, wires, and air cleaner. a new timing belt could prolly help too. in all honesty if you must go over 100mph you should upgrade your tires, suspension, and brakes to help you control that speed. these cars were not built to be race cars. they were designed to transport families efficiantly. Do what you would like however just don't say nobody told you so...
                        Click to see ride.↓↓

Comment

Originally posted by project93 View Post
                          The best thing is for you to due a tuneup. new plugs, wires, and air cleaner. a new timing belt could prolly help too. in all honesty if you must go over 100mph you should upgrade your tires, suspension, and brakes to help you control that speed. these cars were not built to be race cars. they were designed to transport families efficiantly. Do what you would like however just don't say nobody told you so...
                          I so agree with you man, I hit 115 in my car and like I said I would never want to go that fast again lol. I mean I go 90 maybe 100 sometimes. but never that fast my tires shake and stuff I need to get them balanced. Control might be going bad to so like I hesitate to go that fast.

Like he said be careful man.

Comment

Lol you guys need to grow some balls. It's not gonna fall apart at 110 mph. I ruined the tires my car came with from going that fast, and the tire store happily sold me higher-rated tires when I explained the situation. But the OEM tires are irrelevant, since nobody's using them any more, the speed limiter doesn't come into play until you get near the end of the speedometer (or past, I wouldn't know), and paying someone to change all the fluids is just throwing money away. Maybe if you've missed a couple oil changes… I wouldn't know.

My money is on his tires being underinflated or winter tread.

Comment

Oh, the road surface plays a role too. Maybe try a different highway. So long as it's far, far from any population and 2 lanes per way divided.

Comment

Working...
                              X