Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Slid and Hit the Curve = BIG DAMAGE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would def look at that cross member. It might be cheapest to hit up a junk yard, and grab the whole nine yards from that side. You can buy the rotors and brake pads from the parts store, but the suspension arms and such you might do better to grab from the JY.

Comment

Originally posted by TomQuick View Post
      I would def look at that cross member. It might be cheapest to hit up a junk yard, and grab the whole nine yards from that side. You can buy the rotors and brake pads from the parts store, but the suspension arms and such you might do better to grab from the JY.
      Yea as far as the solid metal stuff def. go j/y, and then for the bushings and stuff buy it new. X member is def. somethin to look at though

Originally posted by lordoja
      im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Do you know how normal cross member suppose to look?

Comment

Originally posted by XcluziveAZN View Post
          Do you know how normal cross member suppose to look?
          Where in NYC are u

im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
            Where in NYC are u
            rosedale

Comment

rosedale
              Oh shyt where? I used to live on 259 and 147th... I might swing out there like tomorrow

Comment

Bent.

Comment

@gloryaccordy I'm not available til Sunday. Final Week ><!

Ok this Sunday i will look at

front crossmember and take off lower control arm to be replace. That is bent for sure

also replacing Sway Bar End link that also bent

Comment

Updated:

Just took out the lower control arm

I can't tell if my suspension cross member is bent where the arm is attached to. The bolt bent a slightly bit....hard to tell but just a bi

I think i my radius rod is ok but I will see when i get the new lower control arm.

Will keep you posted.

Comment

I would think u would need new radius rod bushings as that def. pulled back on it. Prob. pulled ur radius rod right through the hole.

Comment

I would think u would need new radius rod bushings as that def. pulled back on it. Prob. pulled ur radius rod right through the hole.

I got to take off the bumper and remove the screw and bushing and pull it out?

Comment

I got to take off the bumper and remove the screw and bushing and pull it out?
                          You don't have to take the bumper off... I am pretty sure you can get to the radius rod bolt with a deep drive socket

Comment

ok i just saw instruction in the hynes manual I will take that off tommorow

i'm feel like i'm replacing all my left suspension and steering parts! everything is bent

might as well do all Ball Joint. they don't look soo good

Comment

Man i only slid and hit a concret wall and it wasn't as bad as yours. I only have Tranny problems and a a broken CV axles.

Comment

Updated:

Axle Nut and Hub Bolts are a bitch to get off

My uncle and I....rip through those bolts

Part 1
                                Axle Nut - Using Grinder with Diamond Dust Blade, Chisel and Hammer and 3 hr later LOL!!

No damage to axle

Part 2

Hub Bolts that hold the rotor.....Impossible to get it out with impact and breaker bar..... Rounded the Head ><!! FaiL!!

He drilled the shit out of that bolts from the back. And they did even come out til we have to break the rotor into pieces!

Went through 4 drill bits.

Learn something today: Use motor oil while drilling metal to cool it down

All i need it lower control arm, sway bar end links, rotor, pad,new caliper and couple of new bolts.

Not sure if my radius rod bent but when i put in the new lower control arm I will see if the bolts line up

Will continue fixing this next sunday.

Comment

Working...
                                X