Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Slid and Hit the Curve = BIG DAMAGE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bruno8747 View Post
    I've taken that entrance many times, That small curb did that much damage? Did you run over all the pot holes on the entrance also?
    X2. Most of the onramps on the belt are all messed up.

PARTING OUT MY 1990 EX COUPE!! EVERYTHING FOR SALE! CLICK HERE
    Listen or download the first 4 songs I completed for my new upcoming album here!!
    My member's ride

Comment

Originally posted by ilovemycb7 View Post
      You had to have been going faster than that...

I smacked a curb multiple times in my cb and never did anything that bad. Sucks though.

I'd be weary of inner tie rod, cross member front and rear.

I hit it from the side. If i hit it straight on my wheel would of jump it but since the car was side way. It hit pretty hard from the side that is why my rim cracked

Time to hunt for parts and $$$

LIRR for the next 4-6 weeks

Edit: I just bunch of knuckle on ebay for Dirt Cheap! I wonder if locally will be the same

Edit: I have to get one with ABS right? Since my car is 93 accord 2dr EX and I know i have ABS
      Last edited by XcluziveAZN; 05-14-2009, 11:10 PM.

Comment

rockauto.com has good quality parts for cheap, check em out. or hit up ye old junk yard.

Soon to have the first *Bottle Fed Accord* in MI!

Vouch For: fatboy1185

Comment

sliding at a curb side ways causes more damage then just head on...

i know that for a fact..

Yes my name is Dang, Don't use in vain
          1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/Auto)
          1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/H22A MT)
          2008 Honda Accord EXL (Coupe/SanMarino/6spd)

Comment

Updated:

Took everything apart

Knuckle is not bent so yay!! Axle is fine and no play yay? But Axle nut doesn't come off after Electric Impact, Breaker bar and Torch it......Booo soooo i took off the whole thing!! Knuckle and Axle in one piece...Will have to carry to local shop and have them take it off some how

here the pic...something is wrong in one of the pic but not sure if it is wrong...the picture with the sway bar...can that cause positive camber?

Any input?

Thank You for a lot of helpful advice so far

Comment

Originally posted by XcluziveAZN View Post
              because i'm guessing i have to replace other side too since i'm replacing one side

anyone Know any good Junkyard in NYC ?
              i have the set of knuckles already out of a car and ready to be rebuilt if you need. i know for a fact that the bearings in 'em are shot but i would put new ones in anyways. PM me

before i forget i have a set of good used calipers too with the mounting brackets
              http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

How hard did you hit!!??? I hit a curb going 30 and bent 2 rims... Nothing more
                -Will

Comment

Lol you sound like me when i was doing a makeover with my front susp. I couldnt get the axle nut off. 2 broken ratchets later i took it to a small shop (1000 ft/lb impact gun) and no success. Then i took it to a tranny shop (2000 ft/lb impact gun) and it came out like butter. Didnt charge me nothing.

you will probably need new sway bar links. Mine is kinda bent up but it didnt effect my alignment

Comment

Originally posted by Bullhorn7 View Post
                    How hard did you hit!!??? I hit a curb going 30 and bent 2 rims... Nothing more
                    Can i say hard? I don't remember how fast i was going, I was coming down straight catching the light and did not slow down fast enough for sure.

I feel like going back and re read that story of turtle and rabbit race ....... how turtle win at the end....I'm guessing i'm a rabbit right now

Does Lower Control Arm look Bent in the picture?

Does not look like that
                    Last edited by XcluziveAZN; 05-17-2009, 11:46 PM.

Comment

There was a guy on here selling a complete 5 lug conversion with the rims for $600-700. I would of gone that route.

Comment

You can get a whole knuckle with all that shit for like $100 shipped

Originally posted by lordoja
                        im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
                          You can get a whole knuckle with all that shit for like $100 shipped

my knuckle is fine. i updated the post

Comment

Lookin at ur sway bar link

Looks like u might need a new front crossmember. The radius arm (arm that goes from front crossmember to LCA) is pushin ur whole LCA back. Hopefully there's no frame damage. Front crossmembers are pretty easy to find and replace. I would find a healthy CB, look at that crossmember and radius rod links and then look at yours. I hit a mega pothole that pushed my whole front right wheel back... it was the crossmember. Def. look into that

Originally posted by lordoja
                            im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Hell while you are in there go ahead and upgrade to the wagon calipers and I think rotors too for that extra stopping power. Might keep you from fuckin up next time hahaha!

Comment

afternoon bump for more input

Comment

Working...
                                X