Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Oil Light Blinking ON/OFF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil Light Blinking ON/OFF

Oil light blinks on/off about 30 min after cold start...
    When i stop it stays on completely, start driving it starts blinking again
    just changed oil,
    -level good
    -i cant see any leaking oil.

COULD IT BE A SENSOR SOMEWHERE???

Bad oil pressure switch

PARTING OUT MY 1990 EX COUPE!! EVERYTHING FOR SALE! CLICK HERE
    Listen or download the first 4 songs I completed for my new upcoming album here!!
    My member's ride

Comment

Are you saying that when you first start the engine the light doesn't blink but after 30 mins it begins to blink ?

Did you go to a lighter wt oil ?

Comment

The oil light means your oil pressure is too low, or the sensor is bad. Lets just hope its the sensor, otherwise your looking at replacing your oil pump most likely.
        PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

Ya About 20-30 Minutes..then It Starts Blinking...seems To Me When The Car Starts Warming Up Then The Light Comes On....how Can I Tell If Its The Oil Pump....

Thnx For Tha Replies....

Comment

Originally posted by JDM14 View Post
            Ya About 20-30 Minutes..then It Starts Blinking...seems To Me When The Car Starts Warming Up Then The Light Comes On....how Can I Tell If Its The Oil Pump....

Thnx For Tha Replies....
            Well if I was you, I would first try to replace the oil pressure switch because the oil pump cost around $200 and the oil pressure switch is like $20

And wouldn't a bad oil pump throw a trouble code?
            Last edited by AbsurdNY; 05-14-2009, 01:35 PM.

PARTING OUT MY 1990 EX COUPE!! EVERYTHING FOR SALE! CLICK HERE
            Listen or download the first 4 songs I completed for my new upcoming album here!!
            My member's ride

Comment

Originally posted by AbsurdNY View Post
              And wouldn't a bad oil pump throw a trouble code?
              Nope. Only an oil pressure check will determine a bad oil pump.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
              1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
              2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
              2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
              2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
              2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

yea checking oil pressure is the only way to know if your pump is going south. check the connection on the switch/sensor. Its really just a switch that grounds itself out if oil pressure drops. Anyways the connection IMO from honda is pretty weak its just a barrel type push on fitting. And being around oil and dirt it can cause it to have an intermittent open circuit. This happened to me a few years back and found that the wire wasnt even on the sensor anymore and was dangling and when i would come to a stop it would swing forward and ground itself on the block and make the light turn on.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
                member ride thread
                11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
                DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
                People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
                I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
                John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Mine flashes twice when i start it, i believe its because the engine is shaking (from the start) and it wobbles the sensor/wires and blinks...

Comment

oil pressure switch.
                    -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
                    -1993 Accord EX SOLD
                    -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
                    -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

Yes, replace the switch and see if that does the trick. But do it soon.

If it really is because of low oil pressure and not just because of a faulty oil pressure sending unit, that blinking light means *extremely* low (though intermittently low) oil pressure of, I believe, about 3 psi. (should be around 50 PSI at 3000 rpm). So don't wait on changing the switch because you want to know what's going on.

Actually, if you have the time I would consider doing an oil pressure test while you're at it. The oil pressure gauge screws into the same hole the sending unit screws into, so all you have to do is take a little extra time and borrow an oil pressure gauge and see how the oil pressure is. Could be good to know, since the oil pressure warning light really only is good for letting you know that the engine has *no* oil pressure. If the pump is worn, it could be pumping below spec and you wouldn't know it except for the engine damage that occurs later.

If there's no way in heck you would bother with changing the oil pump anyway, though, you could skip the pressure test and just see if a new sending unit solves the problem.

Comment

How hard and costly is it to change the oil pump?

Comment

Originally posted by lonski View Post
                          replacing the oil pump requires removing the t-belt and all related components including the balance shaft pulleys then unbolt from block and remove it. its a pain when the engines in the car.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
                          member ride thread
                          11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
                          DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
                          People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
                          I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
                          John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Originally posted by lonski View Post
                            I'd estimate $600 including labor. Of course while in there you would have the timing belt etcetera changed if it's near to schedule.

Pray you don't need it.

Comment

Originally posted by GunRunner View Post
                              oil pressure switch.
                              Originally posted by AbsurdNY View Post
                              Bad oil pressure switch

Exactly,i was having the same problem and it had me scared as shit thinking it was my oil Pump.

Replace the Oil Pressure Switch bro

-->751 whp @ 27psi <--...Midnight Tuning <----

Comment

Working...
                              X