Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

F22A1 Block with an h22a1 head?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F22A1 Block with an h22a1 head?

well i have been wondering aout this frankenstein and im just asking you guys to see if its possible to put an h22a1 head on an f22a1 block? if it is what are the pros and cons about this project per say....

there should be a thread already about it

Comment

pros: it is fun to put together
      cons: slow, not reliable, waste of money

Comment

I just have to say that I am so glad I have finally seen someone ask this and not use the term "G"

PARTING OUT MY 1990 EX COUPE!! EVERYTHING FOR SALE! CLICK HERE
        Listen or download the first 4 songs I completed for my new upcoming album here!!
        My member's ride

Comment

you get maybe 160 hp. the compression is low.

put some higher compression pistons in there and you'll be making h22 power. buy the time you spend all that money, you could have gotten an h22. later.
          Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

h22a1 head f22a1 block

any one know if theres a DIY somewhere for this??

Comment

heres a couple threads I found on the same subject. Haven't found a DIY but nobody's talking good about it so far.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...f22a+h22a+head
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...f22a+h22a+head

The Blue Bomber

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                Slapping a DOHC VTEC head on a stock F22A block is like putting a hot girl's head on a fat dude's body. Sure, you get the pretty face... but everything down below will not be what you expect it to be!
                thats one of my favs!!!

Sold to: dbsharp, daheavyking X3
                Bought from:'93CB7Ex, xkjnboix, duffmanivxx, remix405, CB7tuner official shop

Comment

There are PLENTY of threads on this subject, But it is NOT WORTH IT! You want to do somthing wirthwhile, Build an H23, with a h22 head and Vtec that bitch

Comment

Please don't dig up 2 year old threads to ask to be spoon-fed.

Originally posted by 92CB7T View Post
                    There are PLENTY of threads on this subject, But it is NOT WORTH IT! You want to do somthing wirthwhile, Build an H23, with a h22 head and Vtec that bitch
                    The H23 has a problematic crank. The extra .1L isn't worth the hassle. Just build an H22 properly... I don't see why people have to make things complicated just to be "different" with their engine. The engine's function is to make the car move. Focus on power and reliability first... only worry about originality when it doesn't interfere with performance. Just about ALL H/F hybrid motors have reliability issues unless serious work is done to avoid such problems.
                    If you have to ask what those problems are, then you probably don't know enough to correct them.

Comment

defenitly heard its no good and slow might as well just spend alittle more and do it the right way

Comment

Originally posted by 93blackcb7 View Post
                        defenitly heard its no good and slow might as well just spend alittle more and do it the right way
                        If you have no actual substance to offer, why bother posting? Seriously... this is a 2 year old thread. We don't need "i heard its no good"... Just let it die. Please. Unless you can add something new, that hasn't already been said (which is the ONLY reason this is still not locked or deleted...)

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                          Please don't dig up 2 year old threads to ask to be spoon-fed.

The H23 has a problematic crank. The extra .1L isn't worth the hassle. Just build an H22 properly... I don't see why people have to make things complicated just to be "different" with their engine. The engine's function is to make the car move. Focus on power and reliability first... only worry about originality when it doesn't interfere with performance. Just about ALL H/F hybrid motors have reliability issues unless serious work is done to avoid such problems.
                          If you have to ask what those problems are, then you probably don't know enough to correct them.
                          your posts seriously need help in the credibility/factual realm.
                          Last edited by 98vtec; 02-04-2011, 03:26 PM.
                          www.850fab.com
                          IG - @850Fab
                          FB - @850Fabrication

Comment

Originally posted by 98vtec View Post
                            your posts seriously need help in the credibility/factual realm.
                            Feel free to help me, then.

Comment

lemme help him out deev...
                              as stated in my other posted about h23 engine builds...
                              just to be proactive towards his, well whatever it is...

h23 crankshaft has smaller counterweights and does not
                              have the slits for balancing like an h22, that is why the h22
                              is a better high power crank. but if done correctly the h23
                              crank can yield some great numbers. Just ensure you do
                              the research first. The words micropolish and balanced should
                              fall into your vocab somewhere.

back to on topic: not worth it, save up for a complete h22 swap, will do you better.
                              MadLab Racing
                              Southern Maryland

Comment

Working...
                              X