Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

oil sprayed inside of engine bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

. If you do end up having to replace the oil pan, you'll have to move the exhaust away and to the side to get the pan on and off . I did it by unbolting the exhaust at the exhaust manifold, the bracket behind that, and spraying silicone lube on the exhaust hanger about 1/2 way down the car, leaving the exhaust hanging only the the muffler hanger, then laying the whole exhaust on the ground and sliding it to the side. When raising the exhaust you can do it in sections with rope or extra jackstands along its length.

Comment

If its spraying up there (IE a hose) there will not be a trail of fluid, it will just be in one spot. If its being thrown from a pully or belt it will have a trail just like the path of said belt. First off you have to decide if its power steering fluid or motor oil. I read all te post and I dont think there was ever a definate oil/ps fluid.

Comment

Take it to the car wash, spray it clean under the hood, everything. Go home, park over night on top of a big piece of clean cardboard. The next morning, start it and let it run for a few minutes, watch for spray. The cardboard will show you where the leak is dripping down from, which makes it easier to track. A clean engine is a happy engine.

Comment

cleaned engine compartment, new valve cover gaskets, new tube seals started it up not leak......... drove it an came back no oil on inside of hood but oil is def noticed maybe 1 or 2 drips on ground. same symtoms. but ive just thought of something. i was looking inside my valve cover and specifically looking at my oil filler cap. i looked on majestichonda an noticed the oil filler cap has a gasket???http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...DER+HEAD+COVER

i looked at mine and its hard plastic and bottom side is also. how is everyone else's oil filler cap. is it a rubber o-ring type deal that seals the surface????? could this be the mysterious leak point where its all coming from???

:im thinking oil could be leaking out of there when pressure builds and hitting the p.s. pump pulley and flinging it on hood then the rest just drips down??

Comment

Anything is possible. Replce the o ring or cap and see if it is gone.

Comment

just wanted to give update, i bought a new oil cap from honda and pcv valve an grommet. its been about 2 weeks now and happily no oil is leaking anywhere, only thing i could figure is my oil cap had no oring so obv didnt seal at all and maybe my pcv valve was taking a dump building pressure???
              i would advise everyone to check there oil cap i dont even know where my oring for it went, i guess it broke off and flew somehwere???? but anyways my next project will be changing the motor mounts, thanks for the help everyone

Comment

Great to hear that you got it worked out. I always do the PCV valve when I buy a car, and then try to replace it once a year. I know that they generally last a whole lot longer than that, but they're pretty inexpensive, and replacing it once a year pretty much guarantees that I'm not going to have any problems out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by TomQuick View Post
                  Great to hear that you got it worked out. I always do the PCV valve when I buy a car, and then try to replace it once a year. I know that they generally last a whole lot longer than that, but they're pretty inexpensive, and replacing it once a year pretty much guarantees that I'm not going to have any problems out of it.
                  I normally check and clean my pcv every other oil change, about every 6 months just to be sure its in good working condition. A lot easier than doing a front or rear main seal.

Comment

Working...
                  X