Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

ok ive been reading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok ive been reading

i've been reading about the whole frankestien motor and everything, but im still a little confused. what about non-vtec h series heads and what are the differences in the head to where some needs plugs and others dont?

before anything is said, could you clarify indepth of exzactly what you wanting to know.. their are many people on this forum that have done these swaps, but to really clarify what you need to know,, they will need a better idea of what your asking.
    "Self Renewed"

Comment

i think the reason the non-VTEC H23 head isn't commonly used is because it doesn't have an advantage over the VTEC H head. Everything that the H23 has over an H22 or F22 is in the block.

But ill wait for the big guns to chime in before i end up looking like an idiot.

Comment

you need plugs because of oil ports for the vtec. and there is a difference in head design which differs between the f and h blocks. just read up its all there.

Originally posted by Devergote
        A CB7 with an H22, a clean paintjob, HIDs with a projector retrofit, some nice wheels, and a mild drop on H&R Sport springs and Koni Yellow shocks... that's the perfect car. I'd be happy with that for the rest of my life.

Comment

i frankestien my motor i have h22a4 block with h23 pistons and a h23 head non vtec with hks vales and retainers i did it bec i wanted more torq my cb7 is realy fast and so far im the only one in RI with a h23 head on h22a4 block especaly on a cb7

Comment

Originally posted by aholtzberger View Post
            i've been reading about the whole frankestien motor and everything, but im still a little confused. what about non-vtec h series heads and what are the differences in the head to where some needs plugs and others dont?

u need to to learn how to type first (dont take me as an example)

also for the OP, u said u've been readin......................... read more
            Originally posted by deevergote
            Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

The H23A1 is the only non-VTEC H series. It requires oil ports to be blocked off. The F22B DOHC head, which is similar, does not need to have anything blocked off.

Headswaps won't really give you any worthwhile gains, and the potential for things to go wrong increases drastically. Don't bother unless it's just a project car... or you REALLY know what you're doing, and can afford the time and money to fix any problems that arise.

Comment

Working...
              X