Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

question on a ecu?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

question on a ecu?

Would a P12 ecu work with a f23 motor?

WHAT U KNOW ABOUT THAT?

Would it run? Probably.

However, you're using an OBD1 non-VTEC ECU designed for a 2.2L motor on a 2.3L OBD2 VTEC motor... LOTS of things are different. For one, you wouldn't have VTEC.

Comment

i agree with deev it will probley run it just not right best bet is to get a tune or run a chipped poa from a 94-95 ex and swap pins a6 and a11

Comment

However, you're using an OBD1 non-VTEC ECU designed for a 2.2L motor on a 2.3L OBD2 VTEC motor... LOTS of things are different. For one, you wouldn't have VTEC.[/QUOTE]

That makes me wonder, I have a f23motor and im runing my stock 92accord ecu on it. im runing my V-TEC to a switch

WHAT U KNOW ABOUT THAT?

Comment

Seriously? Wow.

Comment

yeah, thats what the dude that made the swap told me. He us the same dizzy, same im. So don't know. the resson that my frend is selling me a his p12 fro 30bucks, So i was wnodering of it was going to work like some people have it on ther CB7.

WHAT U KNOW ABOUT THAT?

Comment

Originally posted by f23accord View Post
              However, you're using an OBD1 non-VTEC ECU designed for a 2.2L motor on a 2.3L OBD2 VTEC motor... LOTS of things are different. For one, you wouldn't have VTEC.

That makes me wonder, I have a f23motor and im runing my stock 92accord ecu on it. im runing my V-TEC to a switch[/QUOTE]

damn i would get a poa or a tune soone because that isn't that good on the motor at all and every time you drive a mile you are probley putting 5 mile worth of wear on it

Comment

that would explain why my motor is acting up. Man thats sucks

WHAT U KNOW ABOUT THAT?

Comment

Vtec on a switch.... Oh lord.
                  wat?

Comment

that would explain why my motor is acting up. Man thats sucks
                    Yeah... you're not doing anything good for that motor. A P12 wouldn't do anything good for any motor but an F22A1.

Your motor should be making 150hp. An ECU from a 135hp engine won't do anything spectacular for you.

Get an OBD1 POA (94-95 Accord EX ECU... it runs the F22B1, which is much more similar to your F23A1). Or get a custom tuned P28... but have it tuned to YOUR engine. Generic "chips" are bullshit, and can do damage. Anyone who tells you otherwise is just trying to make a buck... or they're dumb as a brick. Either way, not to be trusted.
                    Or, convert the car to OBD2 and run the proper ECU for the F23A1.

It sounds to me that the guy who did the swap was a total retard. I'd spend some time learning about the CB7, the F23A1, and how it SHOULD be swapped in (we have a few members that have done it properly on here, I'm sure they'd be glad to help you). If this joker hooked VTEC up to a switch, who knows what other ghetto-rigging he's done! I mean seriously... that is GHETTO right there.

Now, you say he used the "same dizzy and intake manifold"... as in, F23A1 dizzy and manifold? Or F22A1 dizzy and manifold?

Comment

Vtec on a switch.... Oh lord.

not everyboby has money to do it the way everyone else dose it bro

WHAT U KNOW ABOUT THAT?

Comment

It costs no more to do it right. If you can't afford to do it right, you can't afford to do it at all. Now your expensive motor swap could potentially be damaged. That costs a little more to fix than simply running a proper ECU and doing a little wiring.

That's one reason why there are so many idiots in this world. People would rather make excuses and defend the stupid, rather than educate the ignorant and condemn the lazy.

Additionally, I've attempted to help you. Rather than answering my questions, which might actually save your motor, you chose to defend the moron. Have fun with your switch. I'm done here.

Comment

So, in hooking his VTEC up to a switch, could he be in VTEC all the time, as long as the switch is on?

And not to be a dick, but, if you can't do something right, don't do it. Point blank. And like Deev said, "ghetto rigging" something could cost more in the end than doing it correctly.

I feel sorry for your motor.

I wonder how long it'll be before we see a thread on something that went south on this swap?

Best of luck

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
                            It costs no more to do it right. If you can't afford to do it right, you can't afford to do it at all. Now your expensive motor swap could potentially be damaged. That costs a little more to fix than simply running a proper ECU and doing a little wiring.

That's one reason why there are so many idiots in this world. People would rather make excuses and defend the stupid, rather than educate the ignorant and condemn the lazy.

Additionally, I've attempted to help you. Rather than answering my questions, which might actually save your motor, you chose to defend the moron. Have fun with your switch. I'm done here.

THATS REAL FUCKED UP BRO, WHEN I DIRENT EVENT SAY SHITE TO U deevergote, UNLESS U PUT THE LAST POST. I HAVENT DISRESPECTE U BRO. IT MAKES ALOT A CENS WHAT UR SAYING, AN U OVER CALLING ME AN IDIOT, ANOTHER THING IM NOT MAKING EXCUSES. I HAVE HAD THIS CAR WITH THIS SWAP FOR 3 YEARS ALREADY. 2nd I SAYED THAT THE V-TECK WAS HOOKED UP TO A SWITCH, I NEVER SAY I USE IT, IM NOT THAT STUPID, AN IT IS DISCONECTED. SUCK WHEN OTHER PEOPLE PUT DOWN OTHER PEOPLE ONLY CUZ THEY KNOW MORE ABOUT CARS THAN OTHERS, BUT ITS COOL

WHAT U KNOW ABOUT THAT?

Comment

THATS REAL FUCKED UP BRO, WHEN I DIRENT EVENT SAY SHITE TO U deevergote, UNLESS U PUT THE LAST POST. I HAVENT DISRESPECTE U BRO. IT MAKES ALOT A CENS WHAT UR SAYING, AN U OVER CALLING ME AN IDIOT, ANOTHER THING IM NOT MAKING EXCUSES. I HAVE HAD THIS CAR WITH THIS SWAP FOR 3 YEARS ALREADY. 2nd I SAYED THAT THE V-TECK WAS HOOKED UP TO A SWITCH, I NEVER SAY I USE IT, IM NOT THAT STUPID, AN IT IS DISCONECTED. SUCK WHEN OTHER PEOPLE PUT DOWN OTHER PEOPLE ONLY CUZ THEY KNOW MORE ABOUT CARS THAN OTHERS, BUT ITS COOL
                              Deev owns the site, this is his house. He asked you a legit question, and you didn't answer it, you chose to defend your half-assed swap by saying that some people can't afford to do it right. If you couldn't afford to do it right, you should have not done it, or simply replaced the motor with the same one, instead, you spent more for the f23 motor and are getting far less power out of it than you would get out of the f22 it should have been. Your swap was done by a hack. You're abusing that motor by running it the way you have been, whether or not you're using the switch to go into vtec, (It's VTEC, not V-TECK.) it's not the way the engine was designed to run. How is it running to a switch, yet disconnected? Either it's connected or it's not. Deev wasn't putting you down because he's more knowledgable. He doesn't do that. He does, however, get fed up with offering advice and being ignored by the person asking for help in the first place. He was telling you that your swap was done poorly and you are abusing it by not running the correct ECU.

The p12 will do nothing for you. Get the correct ECU for your motor and you'll probably be amazed at the difference.

Comment

Working...
                              X