Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

HEADLIGHT PROBLEM on my Cb7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HEADLIGHT PROBLEM on my Cb7

hi im new to this site, my name is tony and i own a 1990 honda accord LX 2 door. this is a great site, lots of info.

im currently having a headlight problem on cb7 and i have searched everywhere and asked alot of people for help but no solution. i have checked the search engine for this site but no help. any suggestions will be helpful,

it started when i did a normal battery change, after installing the new battery, my car starts fine. then night comes and i turn on my headlights. they dont turn on but my corner lights do, tail lights do, and all my interior lights turn on. but no headlights. also, when i look at my gauges, the "right blinker arrow" is on showing a solid light. when i turn the signal switch to the right, it dosnt signal. so i go outside and check the back of my car. the right blinker part of the tailight is showing a solid light also, i didnt want to get pulled over so i had to remove my signal bulb. now im stuck driving with my hi beams on at night. my right signal only stays solid when my headlight switch is in the ON position. i checked all fuses, all grounds, i checked the headlight switch, the blubs, everything checked out. then out of no where one day it started working fine. then 2 days later, headlights dont turn on again. now 3 weeks later,....im still driving with my hi beams on. if anyone can help i would appreciate it.

My guess would be that your switch went bad on you, snatch one out from the junk yard and go from there. This is me assuming you have already checked wiring and fuses.
    1993 Accord EX
    2011 Subaru STi

Comment

Obvious question but did you check the bulbs?

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life

Comment

Yea, the bulbs could have had a surge to them. The females mom had this problem when a shop replaced her battery, blew out both the lights. Also, under the hood of the car, near the windshield on the passenger side, there's a fuse box. You have 2 fuses for your headlights. One for left, one for right. If it's still not the problem, take Tonys advice and hit up a junkyard and get a headlight switch for it. It's the whole assembly. Very easy fix. Just depends on if you can find a junkyard with an accord, cause these things are pretty costly.
        98' Mustang 3V Swap
        11' VW CC R36

Comment

same thing happend to my old car. Ended up being a short in the wire where it passes behind the headlight. If i kicked the bumper the light would come back on. I had to drive from NH to RI with my highbeams on. Luckly my friend had really dark tint on his lincoln lol.
          Looking for a CB7!

Comment

You could always fine a salvage yard and try and find the whole headlight arm assembly(what was pictured above)my brother had a similar problem on his 87 Accord.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxMan View Post
              same thing happend to my old car. Ended up being a short in the wire where it passes behind the headlight. If i kicked the bumper the light would come back on. I had to drive from NH to RI with my highbeams on. Luckly my friend had really dark tint on his lincoln lol.
              how did you fix that short and how did you look for it i know...dumb questions but i need to know

Comment

Working...
              X