Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Seat Belt Rails not working??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seat Belt Rails not working??

What are the main problems that go wrong with them never really messed with rails before don't know how they work?

don't mess with it..
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showpost...2&postcount=13

Comment

Yeah i guess since my D side is in the back position i can just strap the belt on every time i get in

Comment

damn. thats expensive.

Comment

Take It To The Dealer...............

It Will Be Free........

Comment

Wait.. Our cars have a lifetime warranty?
            -Will

Comment

the seatbelts have lifetime warranty.

unless they think they were tampered with, then it's a $40 bill at the dealership.

it's either free or $40 - that's cheap enough for working safe seat belts!
              Officially "hilarious mad sarcastic"! Thanks CB74christ for the recognition of my work.

Comment

well it's illegal to not have a seatbelt and havin automatic seatbelts means they should always work. does that mean the little switch on the door is covered because it controls the seatbelt? how about the ignition?

Comment

Took mine to the dealer. They said the lifetime warranty only covers the cloth belt and the latch.

There would be a 125 dollar fee for them to take the car in, but the 125 bucks would be returned to me if and only if the problem turned out to cloth belt or the latch. If the problem was anything other than the belt or the latch, I would be out the price of parts, labor, and the 125.

Is there anyone that can actually prove that the dealer has to do this for free?

Comment

Originally posted by TheNextEpisode View Post
                    Is there anyone that can actually prove that the dealer has to do this for free?
                    Yes there is. Page 32 of this says that any component failure will be repaired/replaced at no cost if no tampering has occured. This is 2006 warranty info.

And this one is just for the 86-up models. Save and print a copy to have in hand!
                    Officially "hilarious mad sarcastic"! Thanks CB74christ for the recognition of my work.

Comment

The 2006 warranty info looks promising!
                      Thanks very much for that.

The 1986+ info states that it applies to the "belt/retractor mechanism or the buckle when either does not work properly." In my case, and I think in most of our cases, the failed part is the automated latch in the door.
                      Maybe that would count as the buckle... either way much thanks.

Comment

you're very welcome.

both say lifetime replacement of belts. the 86 & up has the parts/time chart that's neat. replacing the the motorized rail is a .4 hour job. makes it sound super easy but I'm not messing with mine so they can't call tamper on it. i want freebie work lol

Comment

Working...
                        X