Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Negative camber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Negative camber

What parts do i need to fix this problem? Do i need the ball joint's or the pivot mount?

Either will work. They both accomplish the same thing.

I would reccommend the TASauto.com upper control arms, personally. Whatever you do, don't go cheap on a camber kit... if it breaks, you crash.

Comment

okay thanks. I wasn't sure if they did the same thing.

Comment

Yeah, they both change the angle... one just moves the entire control arm, and the other only moves the ball joint. The final result is the same.

Comment

Negative camber is a problem?

wut?

Members Ride Thread - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=121452

Originally posted by slammed4thgen
          dustin, you are a dick!

officially the lowest ive seen now

Comment

Yeah it kills your tires and for real dont go cheap on chambers I did and they broke
            Now I'm just getting the control arm instead. Thanks for the web site tOo
            Last edited by my 9t9d; 05-06-2009, 03:21 PM.
            from this

Comment

Originally posted by my 9t9d View Post
              Yeah it kills your tires and for reaps font go cheap on chambers I did and they broke
              Now I'm just getting the control arm instead. Thanks for the web site tOo
              Camber dosent kill tires .... toe does.

Anyways.. I agree the control arms are likley the best bet. Ive heard of some fitment issues when using the bots. Didt somone say that they had them and it was hitting the inner fender?

dustin, you are a dick!

Comment

Originally posted by AstroVannin View Post
                Camber dosent kill tires .... toe does.
                Why do people keep saying this? It's like saying "cancer doesn't kill people, heart attacks do!"

Yes, bad toe will kill your tires. Very quickly. But so will riding on the inside edge.

EVERY camber kit will result in the arms hitting the inner fender. It's just the way the car was designed. You need to bang out the fenders to provide clearance, or run a bit of negative camber (accordtunerx found that 1 degree negative kept his arms from hitting with his setup... I forget what he was running, or how low he was at that time, though)

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
                  Yes, bad toe will kill your tires. Very quickly. But so will riding on the inside edge.
                  Absolutely. And the contact patch isn't good either. If your wheel is cambered in then the tire is mostly touching the ground on that edge and not the whole bottom.
                  Officially "hilarious mad sarcastic"! Thanks CB74christ for the recognition of my work.

Comment

Exactly. I can't tell you how many times I've lost traction on a launch because of negative camber... and I have about 4 sets of tires with worn inner edges, taken off my car with a 2" drop and properly adjusted toe.

I now have a TASauto front upper control arm kit, and the front tires are A-OK. My rears are cupping, because I didn't get the rear kit... that's next on the list, as well as new tires.

Comment

Exactly. I can't tell you how many times I've lost traction on a launch because of negative camber... and I have about 4 sets of tires with worn inner edges, taken off my car with a 2" drop and properly adjusted toe.

I now have a TASauto front upper control arm kit, and the front tires are A-OK. My rears are cupping, because I didn't get the rear kit... that's next on the list, as well as new tires.
                      i think you may need to relearn how to launch deev. i have -2 degrees of camber all around, 2.5 inch drop with cheap ass tires, and yet i don't spin on my launches, and i've got a decent grabbing clutch too.

also, do you rotate your tires? if not that could assist in your rear tires wearing improperly

Comment

My rears began cupping in about 2000 miles.

I've never had great tires, which is one reason why they don't grab all that well... but the grabbier the tire is, the faster it tends to wear.

Comment

Why do people keep saying this?

I say it because toe is way more of a threat to tire wear then camber ever will be. Thats from my own experience, and from the time I spent managing a tire and auto center. Even wit hthe huge negative camber on the bucket, I dont really have a tire wear issue.

I should have qualified my statment. Camber will wear them unevenly ....eventually.... Toe will fuck your shit up with the swiftness.
                          So, with a finite amout of funds.. I would rather set the toe then get the camber correction kit.

Personally... Il keep the negative camber, it looks alright and means my rims fit nice at my desired ride height.

As far as the control arms hitting the inner fenders with the camber correction kits... GUILTY, should have checked the facts before being mis-informative. My mistake.

dustin, you are a dick!

Comment

Very true... bad toe is considerably worse than negative camber (I learned that the hard way when my camber kit broke and I didn't re-align), but camber WILL cause wear. Especially if you like to do burnouts.

If you can't afford to get a camber kit AND an alignment (as well as quality springs and new struts, or a full coilover system) then you simply can't afford to lower your car.

Comment

i buy kits to add it

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

Working...
                              X