Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

wheel bearings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wheel bearings?

Do they need to be pressed in?

yes

93 SE
    Junked The 90 LX

Comment

thank you

Comment

big enough socket an a rubber hammer worked fine for me
        UNDERGROUND SOCIETY
        NEW COUPE MEMBERS RIDE THREAD COMMING SOON

Comment

i went to a shop gave a guy $40 he pressed the old bearings out and new ones in. Alot better than taking out the big old hammer and breaking things.

93 SE
          Junked The 90 LX

Comment

Originally posted by 90LXKING View Post
            i went to a shop gave a guy $40 he pressed the old bearings out and new ones in. Alot better than taking out the big old hammer and breaking things.
            never broke anything, changed both sides........ its just another way to do it
            UNDERGROUND SOCIETY

Comment

i bet some shops use a hammer to do it

Comment

Originally posted by rexload View Post
                i bet some shops use a hammer to do it
                funny thing is that the guy at the "shop" told me i could do it that way to save my money lol
                UNDERGROUND SOCIETY

Comment

Originally posted by 90LXKING View Post
                  after we took them out of the spindles !!
                  http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

Both methods will work.

Comment

MOre cheap trix -- put bearing in a heat source: out in summer sun, in oven at 125, on top of 1000 watt shop light , put hub in freezer - about 30 minutes, the new bearing (now hot) will go on to the hub (now cold) pretty easy - gentle tapping.
                      93 EX Arcadia Coupe, 5spd, f22a6, strut bars, 2"drop, baer brakes, ingalls camber kit, tokicos w/ eibach, K&N, 205s / 16s

Comment

I'd just take it to the shop its not cheap replacing them
                        from this

Comment

I Vote Shop Or Somebody U Know W/ A Press........

Comment

Originally posted by 9threeEX View Post
                            MOre cheap trix -- put bearing in a heat source: out in summer sun, in oven at 125, on top of 1000 watt shop light , put hub in freezer - about 30 minutes, the new bearing (now hot) will go on to the hub (now cold) pretty easy - gentle tapping.
                            sounds like a good idea. Here I go with my ROH conversion.

Comment

Originally posted by 9threeEX View Post
                              I have yet to try this method of installing stuff... I've seen it for difficult rubber bushings, too!

I would pay a shop to do my bearings... $40 for the labor, $10 for lunch while I wait. Or 3 hours of my time, bloody knuckles, and something broken (car, tool, or me... )

Comment

Working...
                              X