Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Lower Control Arm 5 Lug Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lower Control Arm 5 Lug Questions

I currently have a complete stock Accord setup, but have bent one of my lower control arms and need to replace it. Time to go 5 lug! I would prefer not to modify any components (such as grinding a bigger hole in the Accord lower control arm to accommodate the larger Prelude lower ball joint), so I am trying to figure out if there is a way to go 5 lug, ROH without having to do any drilling/grinding, preferably using Prelude parts since it's easier to find performance parts for. I am wondering, If I decide to do a full 5 lug swap:

Can I use a lower control arm for a 5th gen Prelude combined with the 5th gen knuckle?
    I have heard that this setup will push the wheels outward, 1/4"-1/2"(?) Is this true/noticeable? Is it correctable (without buying different offset wheels)? Is it necessary to use the Prelude front cross member as well?

If not, does the 4th gen prelude lower ball joint fit in the accord lower control arm without modification? (I have read that this balljoint can be pressed into the 5th gen prelude knuckle, correct?)

I have read and reread the multiple 5 lug swaps many times (but they can be somewhat confusing). If these two options don't work, do you know of any other way that does? Odyssey components? Any help is greatly appreciated

Some posts I've found on this forum: Sleepycb7:..the prelude front suspension will fit. i just got done swapping the front crossmember, radius arms,lower control arms, spindles and tie rod ends. it all fits. the inside mount for the lca on a accord is slightly smaller than the preludes so a little bending is needed, only about a 1/8 inch or less. the prelude lca is longer, wich is why i did not use the uca. a camber kit is necessary for proper alignment.it did make the track of the front wheels wider but not by much. have not driven it much (no time) so i cant tell a handling change... ...btw all 96 lude parts were used. i think base 97-01 prelude spindles will work though, if u wanna do 5 lug!

Donnybrasco:..you do not have to use the accord lca. You could use the prelude lca if you grind the side that mounts in the back crossmember...

Thanks for any help!!
    Last edited by 93AccordLXwhite; 04-30-2009, 09:51 PM.
    Bought from: bmxicansd, casterx, Bruce Banner, lokuputha. Sold to: darkcloud, treyd82,

Any info guys? I'd love for my car to stop pulling to the right
    Bought from: bmxicansd, casterx, Bruce Banner, lokuputha. Sold to: darkcloud, treyd82,

Comment

Just get it drilled...

4th and 5th gen Prelude lower ball joints are the same.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ingal...Q5fAccessories

Part #

Description

Acura/Honda Front Adjustable Ball Joint
      Vehicle Applications

Acura Vigor 1992-94
      Honda Prelude 1992-96
      Honda Prelude 1992-96
      Honda Prelude SH 1997-02 (rear)
      Honda Prelude non-SH model 1997-02

Originally posted by lordoja
      im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
        Just get it drilled...

4th and 5th gen Prelude lower ball joints are the same.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ingal...Q5fAccessories

That's not what he wants to do...
        Originally posted by sweet91accord
        if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Like I tried to get across, I'd much rather use OEM components that haven't been modified. I'm good at assemblying parts but don't want to drill into a pretty vital component which has the possibility of affecting safety (lower ball joint) if done improperly.

Gloryaccordy- Are the lower ball joints exactly the same for the 4th and 5th generation Preludes? I have seen this information:
          The 4th Gen prelude lower balljoint fits the following applications:
          ACURA LEGEND (1991 - 1993)
          ACURA LEGEND GS (1994 - 1995)
          ACURA LEGEND L (1991 - 1995)
          ACURA LEGEND LS (1991 - 1995)
          ACURA LEGEND SE 1995
          HONDA PRELUDE (1997 - 1998)
          HONDA PRELUDE 4WS (1993 - 1994)
          HONDA PRELUDE S (1992 - 1996)
          HONDA PRELUDE SE 1995
          HONDA PRELUDE SH (1997 - 1998)
          HONDA PRELUDE SI (1992 - 1996)
          HONDA PRELUDE SI 4WS 1992
          HONDA PRELUDE VTEC (1993 - 1996)
          I'm wondering, are they simply compatible? Or exactly the same, same size, length, thread sizing, etc.

Thanks for the help!

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate View Post
            That's not what he wants to do...
            Well from what I understand his other alternatives are

- install the Prelude LCAs and grinding them to fit the CB crossmember
            - install the whole Prelude front crossmember & LCAs w/o grinding them

From what I understand the lower ball joints for those cars are all the same; I've seen various combinations of models listed for 92-01 Prelude (non SH) lower ball joints.

im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Ok cool, this is the kind of information I'd like to get:
              So, does anyone know about:
              a) the width issue, how much do the wheels stick out, is it correctable, etc.
              b)does the width issue change between using just prelude LCA's vs. using both prelude LCA's and the prelude crossmember

Comment

Originally posted by 93AccordLXwhite View Post
                Ok cool, this is the kind of information I'd like to get:
                So, does anyone know about:
                a) the width issue, how much do the wheels stick out, is it correctable, etc.
                b)does the width issue change between using just prelude LCA's vs. using both prelude LCA's and the prelude crossmember
                There is a picture in one of the DIYs that shows the difference in length. It's not major (maybe a 1/2 inch at most), and in any case the Prelude knuckle gives you a lot of positive camber anyway. It doesn't make a huge difference.

Comment

gloryaccordy is there any chance you remember which DIY you saw the pictures in? I thought I had read them all but dont remember seeing any of those pictures.

regarding the camber issue...
                  if prelude hubs + accord lca's and uca's = positive camber...
                  then it seems like prelude hubs + prelude lca's and accord uca's would push camber back to normal or even a little negative since the bottom of the knuckle would be pushed out further.

thanks guys

Comment

Halfway down the page:

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...t=25359&page=8

Again the difference is so slight it won't make a huge difference at all. It's even less than what I thought.

Best bet for camber would be to just get a kit. I would actually get one to dial in some negative camber but it's really personal preference.

Comment

Thanks for the link. I thought it was a picture of them installed though. Bump one last time for pics of the lude lca installed before I buy parts

Comment

Working...
                      X