Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Swap issues...93 motor to 95 v-tec motor...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swap issues...93 motor to 95 v-tec motor...

hey all, so i already did my swap and until today everything was cool, well sort of....
    The car was running when I had the old 93 distributor on and the old 93 ecu plugged in... it was a lil sluggish but it ran....note: v-tec connections on plugs for the ECU were wired at the time as well

so i went up to my local yard and got a 95 v-tec ECU, and a 95 v-tec distributor today thinking i could just plug in the ECU and switch out the distributor. I even did the external dizzy to internal dizzy splice with the blk and blk&yellow wires and no love....

it cranks, but it doesnt fire....much similar to how the 90 and 91s react with a bad ignitor, which is what i thought it was so i went and got another dizzy but still had the same problem.

all fuses are good.

just dont know whats up since it ran fine with the old shit and now that i got the right shit for it, it doesnt wanna run...wack shit!

PLEASE HELP!!!!

J
    Last edited by jericho1990; 04-29-2009, 06:34 PM.

Do you have any spark at all?
    Chipped ecu's always in stock p28,p06 etc. Pm for prices. Chipping and tuning services also available.
    Timmy Tuning

Need work done? Hit me up at the shop.
    FISTRacing

H-Town accord coordinator.
    Daily Grind.

Comment

spark

yeah I have spark on all cylinders! I actually got it started since i posted the thread....but now its just running like shit period. If i do not have the throttle all the way open then it sounds like a shitty subaru. when i do have the pedal to the floor it runs just like it should, so i dont know what the hell is going on now.

Comment

did you swap a6 and a11 that will make it run funny
        is timing right???
        good grounds???

Comment

Is your CEL on? Maybe you got a bad ECU.

Did you say the VTEC wiring (not v-tec) was hooked up to the 93 ECU? Check your VTEC wiring to make sure it's right. Check ALL wiring that you modified, to see if anything is grounding out. I'm only thinking the VTEC wiring, because the new ECU is looking for it, while the old wasn't.

Be sure the splicing you did with the distributor is correct.
          Get a new igniter and go back to the dizzy that once worked. It sounds like you've changed a number of variables since it ran, which makes it difficult to figure out what's going wrong.

Comment

Working...
          X