Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

more egr problems ( block off plate fail--- VIDEO ---)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

more egr problems ( block off plate fail--- VIDEO ---)

hey guys , i need your help again , basically i did a block off plate on the egr valve hoping i wont get anymore bogging and puffing issues ,
    but it still occurs every time i drive and since i am in stop in go traffic most of the time the car is basically useless. bogs horribly and puffs still from idle and all the way up to 5k rpm sometimes.
    - this time tho since i put a block off plate , i hear a rapid ticking noise when i accelerate and it disappears when i decelerate ( almost like a bent valve but i highly doubt that cuase it wasnt not there yesturday when i the problem )

i dont know why but even before all this ( cleaning the egr valve , and block plate ) he car ran and it purred, i only cleaned the ports in the first place for the hell of it, not to make it worst =/

other things are ok, my timing is fine, i have fuel and spark in all four cyl
    i also cleaned my IACV , did nothing

here is a lil video , i wanted to drive around to show you how bad the acceleration is but the memory got full

Last edited by ibr_adam09; 04-29-2009, 03:51 PM.

-1992 CB7 EX w/H22 [sold 10/09]
    -2005 Legacy GT limited [current]

Almost sounds like a missfire. But the video doesn't last long enough to really tell.
    Chipped ecu's always in stock p28,p06 etc. Pm for prices. Chipping and tuning services also available.
    Timmy Tuning

Need work done? Hit me up at the shop.
    FISTRacing

H-Town accord coordinator.
    Daily Grind.

Comment

i am uploading more vids (right now ) while i drove it on the the road , i am starting to doubt that its the egr and something else turned up unfortunately and making the car boggy, i am thinking now that 'ticking noise could be a bent valve

Comment

there's no way an egr port service can cause a bent valve
        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

here is one video, sorry bout the wind when i accelerate in this vid i am in the WOT position, so you have an idea of how badly the acceleration is

Last edited by ibr_adam09; 04-29-2009, 11:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
            there's no way an egr port service can cause a bent valve
            ya i know , and i didn't here the ticking noise until a day later when i constantly here it and i seriously think its my piston hitting a stuck valve, ugh maybe i am parafuckingnoid !

well here is another vid if it help , again sorry bout the wind

Last edited by ibr_adam09; 04-29-2009, 11:43 PM.

Comment

Wish i could help. But the ticking clunking noise does sound internal, possibly a bent valve?

Comment

How thick is your block off plate and whats it made of? If it's thinner than 1/4" and made of flimsy material, that's your problem. The noise you're hearing is actually your valves. Put the EGR back on OVER the block off plate and it'll go away.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
                  How thick is your block off plate and whats it made of? If it's thinner than 1/4" and made of flimsy material, that's your problem. The noise you're hearing is actually your valves. Put the EGR back on OVER the block off plate and it'll go away.

its a metal plate off a door panel =/ , i''ll put the valve back on tomorrow ( maybe the second time around something will change )

does the valve noise meant i bent one b/c that noise is unusual
                  Last edited by ibr_adam09; 04-30-2009, 12:50 AM.

Comment

You're hearing that noise becuase that block off plate isn't thick enough to stop the valve noise.

EGR passage leads to the intake side...just fyi.

Comment

good fyi
                      ____

Comment

it sounds like you need to adjust your valves they ticking bad

Comment

it looks like dust or something flying up from the engine in the first video when you throttled up maybe?

definatly do what's been said and put the egr valve back on. get a new gasket they are $2 - then the plate - then the valve.
                          Officially "hilarious mad sarcastic"! Thanks CB74christ for the recognition of my work.

Comment

ok , new update , D112crzy was right about the block off plate, it was not thick enough, and so the egr exhaust side was escaping through out of the manifold and the block off plate was making flapping noise imating a valve tick i put on the egr valve back on and the noise stop , but the bogging continued and so i moved on to check other things , and beleive it or not i found oil all over in the bottom of the spark wires and on top of the spark plugs mostly on in the 2 and 3 cylinders, so i could be getting alot of misfire on them, i see whats up

thats as far as i know , i had to stop cause i have a a event to do , but i cleaned them all up,

note- i did have code 1 pop up , but don't think its the issue

right now i am driving my moms suburban

Comment

You're welcome You just saved a bunch of money by talking to CrzyTuning.

Comment

Working...
                              X