Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Need suggestions on some struts for my 93 accord

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need suggestions on some struts for my 93 accord

have a 93 accord that i bought from my brother. came with dead tokico blue struts and cheap ass ebay blue coilovers. now i have some tein s tech springs in there and needing advice on some struts, or even new springs to go with it. looking to spend about $400~500 on this project. would like a nice drop with smooth riding, cause right now every bump i hit, makes the care jump like crazy and by god i'll survive on the freeways. thanks for you time.

S Techs are decent.

If you have $500 to spend, I say get Koni Sport (Yellow) struts. They're absolutely amazing, and well worth the price.

Comment

ive heard some fairly good things about the tokico illumina's but dont quote me on that. i agree with the konis they are badass.
      I LOVE My CB7

Comment

.....and another thread sponsored by Koni.......
        93 EX Arcadia Coupe, 5spd, f22a6, strut bars, 2"drop, baer brakes, ingalls camber kit, tokicos w/ eibach, K&N, 205s / 16s

Comment

You're right...

Everyone, get Dropzone struts, because Konis are just WAAAAY to popular.

Oh, wait... people are actually suggesting the best thing... silly me... I thought this was an originality contest!

Comment

i ALSO heard that dropzones suck, is that true?
            I LOVE My CB7

Comment

I would rather allow a flaming muskrat to gnaw on my testicles than put anything made by Dropzone on my car. (the muskrat is probably safer, too...)

Comment

that was the gnarliest thing ive read on this site in quite some time. a very good analogy btw.......
                I LOVE My CB7

Comment

Rock on!

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
                  1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
                  2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
                  2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
                  2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
                  2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Originally posted by Konigstiger View Post
                    Rock on!
                    lmao. so whats the deal with "dropzone" anyways? who makes them? are they cheap ebay crap? why are they so shitty? somewhat of a noob here and asking a question is the best way to find an answer! durh
                    I LOVE My CB7

Comment

Hows that saying go? Go big or go home! j/k

Remember you get what you pay for, and your suspension isn't something you typically want to be cheap about, its just as responsible as tires are when it comes with your contact to the pavement. When it comes to suspension safety/control first, then comfort, then looks imo. I believe the Koni/Neuspeed Sport Cup Kit does it all, and its only $600 with 2.5" drop race springs, plus the struts have adjustable perches, so you can adjust their dampening effect.

I do not own the Koni/Neuspeed Sport Cup as of this time, but it is next on my list after I tackle my exhaust.
                      PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

Dropzone is their own company, as far as I know. Where they source their parts, I can't say. They have offered inexpensive suspension options for as long as I've been into cars, and they have ALWAYS been crap. I made the mistake of buying a Dropzone camber kit, and I nearly lost my car... maybe even my life... when it failed on me. If I had driven maybe 5 more miles, or hit one more unexpected bump before realizing it, it would have failed completely, and I'd have lost control.

Comment

damn dude thats some b.s....ive never heard of them until i got onto this site....i always heard good things about eibach but didnt really know that much about struts/shocks...and still dont. lol but im running the tokico hp's and they seem fine. when i did my suspension all of my struts were as i assume original, bcuz i pushed the piston down and it didnt come back up. hahaha the ride was shitty, but i love it now. also, one more q....whats the diff between regular springs and coilovers? it seems to me that coilovers are better? whats the advantages/disadvantages? can you use the tokico hp's with coilover springs?
                          I LOVE My CB7

Comment

Working...
                          X