Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

My H23/A6 Hybrid Intake Mani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My H23/A6 Hybrid Intake Mani

i decided just to post some pics of my hybrid intake mani im ready to put in it except for the time, as my baby is my daily driver. im aiming for this sunday hopefully. there is quite a bit of stuff missing from the mani but thats bcuz im reusing most of it off the a1. enjoy the pics, will post more of the install when it happens

I LOVE My CB7

Nice man, only thing is I would put the butterfly plate on top right below the plenum, otherwise you can get unwanted turbulence when they are closed.
    1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
      Nice man, only thing is I would put the butterfly plate on top right below the plenum, otherwise you can get unwanted turbulence when they are closed.
      ive talked to alot of people about that and they all have agreed that on the bottom was the best place for them. i was also thinking on top but its not like once i get the mani in it will hard to switch them if i need
      I LOVE My CB7

Comment

just installed the new mani today and boy is it great. i could instantly tell a difference. special thanks to judonoh and my buddy john from D.I. for the help and encouragement hahaha. heres a few pics i took along the way.

the empty space

the old tired ass manifold

rigging up the new mani with some of the old parts.

putting in the runners first

the finished product, almost done

thanks again for all the help justin your one badass friend
        I LOVE My CB7

Comment

congrats, I have the same hybrid intake manifold. Definitely a difference in power, and sound!

Comment

Originally posted by ikayto View Post
            congrats, I have the same hybrid intake manifold. Definitely a difference in power, and sound!
            oh man does it sound badass! i love it, now i really cant keep my foot out of it haha. the power increase feels plentiful. people say its not much but i can tell the diff
            I LOVE My CB7

Comment

the spacer adds an extra oomf, icing on the cake.

have you wired the IAB and running the pt6 ecu?

Comment

Originally posted by ikayto View Post
                the spacer adds an extra oomf, icing on the cake.

have you wired the IAB and running the pt6 ecu?
                i got the infamous black box but didnt pull the pigtails for it so no they are not hooked up at the moment. but i do have the ecu so when i get the connector "pigtails" i will install them. i want to run them cuz i want that low end torque
                I LOVE My CB7

Comment

i'm in the process of rebuilding my a6. i'm just going to polish my intake to get added air flow. is the h23 intake just a bigger mm? i've been told a polished a6 intake provides the same flow as a stock h23 is this true?
                  Si te digo que el burro es pinto, Es porque tengo los pellos en la mano!!

Comment

Originally posted by traviezo View Post
                    i'm in the process of rebuilding my a6. i'm just going to polish my intake to get added air flow. is the h23 intake just a bigger mm? i've been told a polished a6 intake provides the same flow as a stock h23 is this true?
                    the plenum on the h23 utilizes a bigger TB, 2mm to be exact, and to me the plenum itself looks a lot bigger than that of an a6. as far as figures go for the runners from what iver heard they are the same size diameter wise, but the a6 runners are shorter than the h23's.
                    I LOVE My CB7

Comment

I'm almost ready to do this too. Just finished cleaning the egr ports last night. Did you have to drain your coolant? I'm also concerned how it will affect gas mileage coz I drive mine daily.

Comment

Originally posted by lonski View Post
                        I'm almost ready to do this too. Just finished cleaning the egr ports last night. Did you have to drain your coolant? I'm also concerned how it will affect gas mileage coz I drive mine daily.
                        no you dont have to drain the coolant, but you do have to remove the thermosat hoses that connect to the intake mani itself and i did loose a lot of coolant, so make sure you have that handy, also make sure you have the correct size hoses to replace the ones that arent long enough. i dont see it affecting your mpg except that itll be harder to keep your foot out of it. thats always been my problem
                        I LOVE My CB7

Comment

im going to be running the same thing what stud/bolt length did you go with?
                          F-Bomb 95 Civic coupe-My Ride Thread

Comment

Originally posted by yoshi06 View Post
                            im going to be running the same thing what stud/bolt length did you go with?
                            i ordered the extended bolt kit from blacktrax.com but they are a hex head design which i hate (hex heads suck) but it only cost me 17 bux. ive heard you can use the bolts from the f22 ac compressor and also some from the h23 i think. probably cheaper but i didnt find out unitl i had already purchased the bolt kit
                            I LOVE My CB7

Comment

Working...
                            X