Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

boosted f22a

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Neo_omega View Post
    my question are how much is a H22 conversion, how much for F22 turbo conversion and you like to bet on force feed F22 last longer than the H22?
    H22 conversion is going to run $800-$2000 depending on where you get it from and whether you get the h22 tranny(it is recommended) and whether you want to replace timing belt and tensioner(recommended too)

F22 turbo conversion is going to run $500-$2500 once again depends on what kind of parts you get and whether you get them new or used and also depends on what type of engine management you go with

JDM H22 swap with basic bolt-ons is roughly 220 flywheel horsepower, turbo F22 can be anywhere between ~170 and 300 flywheel horsepower on stock engine depending on your parts and tune

H22 will probably last longer if you get it from a reputable seller and it is in good condition. I don't see why it wouldn't go for 100,000miles redlined on regular basis. Turbo F22 can also last but it depends on how you put it together and how you tune it

Comment

Originally posted by rexload View Post
      H22 conversion is going to run $800-$2000 depending on where you get it from and whether you get the h22 tranny(it is recommended) and whether you want to replace timing belt and tensioner(recommended too)

F22 turbo conversion is going to run $500-$2500 once again depends on what kind of parts you get and whether you get them new or used and also depends on what type of engine management you go with

JDM H22 swap with basic bolt-ons is roughly 220 flywheel horsepower, turbo F22 can be anywhere between ~170 and 300 flywheel horsepower on stock engine depending on your parts and tune

H22 will probably last longer if you get it from a reputable seller and it is in good condition. I don't see why it wouldn't go for 100,000miles redlined on regular basis. Turbo F22 can also last but it depends on how you put it together and how you tune it
      that wasn't really a question. but your answer pretty much bring out my point

Comment

oh lol sorry I thought it was a question

Comment

Originally posted by rexload View Post
          oh lol sorry I thought it was a question
          my point was H22 is easy and sure thing. H22 is more linear for daily use. Force feed F22 is a hit or miss thing. You need to tune it carefully to gain more power and make it reliable enough for everyday use.

Comment

Originally posted by bcjammerx View Post
            gentleman apologies...after a night sleep and reading back over my posts I realize I allowed my frustration to blind me from seeing what you were trying to say, I was more focused on beating the dead horse...thus making me appear to be a great big jackass

That seems to be a trait I have from time to time, not something I like.

Deev you are correct, I have zero clue as to this topic, and while I was really only trying to learn more I simply did it 100% the wrong way.

99EJ6T, this is not the typical welcome this forum gives...thanks for your insight and exp. I shall hope to pick your brain.

As to traits I have another, I have no qualms with fessing up to an error on my part...so again...apologies for being a jackass.

In re-reading your posts, you're right, you are just asking questions. I suppose the rapid-fire way in which you did it made it seem to me that they were rhetorical... as in, you already knew the answers, and were throwing the questions out rather than simply making statements...
            Well, at least I answered one of the questions!

To be quite honest, I've never boosted a motor either. I've never assembled a motor. I think I may have held a piston once... However, I read. Everything. I read it, question it, and verify it from other sources until I fully understand it. There are a TON of things that I don't understand, and when it comes to those things, I generally keep quiet... or just stick to the small parts of it that I DO understand.

Asking questions is good. That's why this site is here. But the best step you can take is to do what you just said... go look at other people's setups, compare similarities, question differences, and understand why certain choices were made. When you see 3 setups with Golden Eagle sleeves and 8.8:1 compression Wiseco pistons, don't just assume that it's a good idea... question WHY those 3 people chose to go with those specific parts. It may just be that they're cheaper than other options. NOW you have a question that will actually get you somewhere, rather than beating a dead horse!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
              How many stairs can a Chinese woman climb on a Saturday?
              lol why u said that? y chinese?

Comment

At least you're asking questions... THAT was the point of my statement. Ask questions. Ask SPECIFIC questions. Otherwsie, nothing useful can be gained.

Comment

this thread makes baby jesus cry.

I'd comment on 9000 things, but my head would asplode.

A boosted f22a will last until it no longer works.
                  2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
                  2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

Originally posted by chessboxer View Post
                    A boosted f22a will last until it no longer works.
                    That's EXACTLY how long it will last. Question answered.

Comment

If you don't get banned for trying to sell things in the Beginner Forums first...

Comment

oh jeez deez nuts

Comment

Big 16G with ported exhaust housing for the win

Comment

Working...
                          X