Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

boosted f22a

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jesus christ this has got to be one of the most hate filled finger pointing douche baggery filled threads i have seen on any forums to date...

seriously the only good info in here is the info that was brought in for debate. your gonna talk smack because no one is answering the OP's question well let me take the time to repost it...

Originally posted by cb7coupe21 View Post
    how long does the f22a last when boosted?
    i mean seriously people. that alone has no answer none its simply not answerable. There are to many variables that come into play with that question.
    what amount of boost with what turbo?
    what fueling setup?
    whats the state of the motor?
    what tuning software?

and yet people are still finding ways to talk smack...
    ridiculous.
    Have you even gone through the thread??
    theres nothing pertaining to it until post 15. directly after that a bitch fest starts. well atleast there was effort to answer the question. its very lame that the first people to try to respond with an attemp at an answer were basically called stupid. Like we dont know what were talking about.
    post count does not reflect intelligence or experience

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
      The OP's question really can't be answered... It's like saying "I got my girl pregnant. How long will my baby live?"
      thank you
      post count does not reflect intelligence or experience

Comment

The Chinese woman in question slipped and fell to her death 2 feet before the first step.

Comment

geez.. i am tired of this member already.. your not all like this are you?

Originally posted by bcjammerx View Post
          and about how long is that? How many miles? A stock OEM n/a no modded f22 can go for 300k 400k easy...but a REBUILT f22, for boost, well tuned, good build (see afor opst) how many miles? See no one is answering the question...just giving lame ass generic advice...and wasting the op's and everyone else's time
          not possibly to answer. ever. any discussion of turbo parts WILL be good advice on how long the engine will last. bad or horribly designed parts will limit the life of any build.

seems you can't understand this for some reason.

yes it is important, but that really doesn't play that much into the the longevity of the valve train or bottom end, no where NEAR as much as a proper tune, or forged pistons...
          and for this... you would be misinformed. every part you place under your hood HAS TO WORK TOGETHER, this includes a tune. everything works in conjunction. till you realize this no one can help you.

whatever I'm done with this thread though, nothing but off topic d-series this d-series that and other off topic or BARELY relevant bs or things that have been covered LONG ago (which turbo to get)
          again, your failing to understand everything. remember what bisi started with? if you master the d-seres, you can master the f-series. nothing but a bigger block with a bigger bore.. well not including the head design.

and the noobs to this site
          be careful who you judge.. you know not who your speaking to...

which turbo to get
          i assume this means you have the perfect answer for the question: "what turbo should i get?".. if you can answer that, i would be humbled.. seeing as you know not what my plan is for my build or the level of experiance.. or even how i drive. oh yes, how you drive does effect what type or turbo you need to use.

Asking question is fine, and we aren't going to tell you to search in the noob section, but don't threadjack like this one has been.
          seems like we/us are not the only ones that need to start a thread about newb/noob/n00b questions... but hey, i'll take your advise.. maybe you will take mine .
          Last edited by 99EJ6T; 05-04-2009, 10:42 AM.
          Originally posted by Soichiro Honda, Honda Motor Company Ltd. Founder
          Action without philosophy is a lethal weapon; philosophy without action is worthless.
          No, I don't own a CB7, but I do own a F22A6 and a B16A trans. All going in a 90 integra sedan .

Comment

and about how long is that? How many miles? A stock OEM n/a no modded f22 can go for 300k 400k easy...but a REBUILT f22, for boost, well tuned, good build (see afor opst) how many miles? See no one is answering the question...just giving lame ass generic advice...and wasting the op's and everyone else's
            FINE.... It will last for 300,000miles... NO PROBLEM. The quality of the build and condition of the engine and level of boost are irrelevant. Adding a "turbo kit" to a "built F22" will make it last 300,000 miles. No more .... no less.

You seem to want a difinitive anwser, regardless of accuracy, so there you go.

Members Ride Thread - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=121452

Originally posted by slammed4thgen
            dustin, you are a dick!

officially the lowest ive seen now

Comment

Originally posted by AstroVannin View Post
              You seem to want a difinitive anwser, regardless of accuracy
              Action without philosophy is a lethal weapon; philosophy without action is worthless.
              No, I don't own a CB7, but I do own a F22A6 and a B16A trans. All going in a 90 integra sedan .

Comment

Wow.

May i rephrase the op's question? maybe that will help a little if not, let the hatred ensue!

What steps/products could one take to extend the life of a turbo build?

I'd say rebuild the engine and head. Probably pick up a better oil pump. (not sure but i guess it couldnt hurt.) Proper tuning, good parts from reputable companies. And dont gun it all the time. Drive it like a normal person and use the extra power when needed, track etc.

I know some guys that boost old 240zx's and between the two of them, have been through 4 motors and countless turbos in the past year. 1 guy killed 3 motors. Bad parts, to high pressure, drivin like a maniac (he autox's too). Not really a finite answer to the question except, it will last as long as it does.

Comment

Asking how to make it last as long as possible is a MUCH better question!

And 99EJ6T, no, we're not all like that. There are those of us that know a lot, those of us that know nothing, and those of us that fall somewhere in between... some of those people tend to think they know far more than they really do.
                  I have yet to find anyone who knows EVERYTHING.

Comment

Originally posted by 99EJ6T View Post
                    the feeling is mutual

And yes, we are all like this...we stick to our guns. I'm not being arrogant I'm trying to MOVE THE THREAD along and help folks answer the question I'm pretty sure the OP was going for.

*sigh...really not trying to be an ass.

no one is mentioning valve train, pistons, rods, bearing, etc etc.

I'll ask the question another way.
                    what sort of build would you need to do in order to get an f22 to handle 200-250 whp on boost for 200,000 miles? Or is that impossible? Could you get 300,000 out of that build? Are you lucky to get 10000 on even a good setup? A "good tune" is a given, as are routine maint., which on a boosted car happens more frequently.

forged pistons, 8:1 compression maybe 9:1, forged rods, all new bearing all around (OEM or higher quality?), I don't think you would need to re-sleeve (unless your cylinders were bad out of round...but how bad is "bad"?), could you really do this with hondata?, larger injectors, xxxxTurbo, but now I'm getting too specific...or maybe not...to me the rest aren't parts that will break, only help or hurt your hp numbers...you break the internals and valve train cause they are weak, not cause you ran a log style manifold. Sure it may help/hurt but in the end ... it's cause your parts were weak...and we should waste a PAGE or TWO on that.

Some of us lesser exp. folks would like to know can you get those numbers and not spin a bearing or throw a rod after only a few months?

Remember...the knowledge you take for granted is not possessed by everyone, nor is the exp. you also take for granted. When people treat others like shit for not having been taught something or not having exp. that really really..really pisses me off.
                    Last edited by bcjammerx; 05-05-2009, 03:53 AM.
                    ____

Comment

the feeling is mutual

And yes, we are all like this...we stick to our guns. I'm not being arrogant I'm trying to MOVE THE THREAD along and help folks answer the question I'm pretty sure the OP was going for.

what sort of build would you need to do in order to get an f22 to handle 200-250 whp on boost for 200,000 miles? Or is that impossible? Could you get 300,000 out of that build? Are you lucky to get 10000 on even a good setup? A "good tune" is a given, as are routine maint., which on a boosted car happens more frequently.

forged pistons, 8:1 compression maybe 9:1, forged rods, all new bearing all around (OEM or higher quality?), I don't think you would need to re-sleeve (unless your cylinders were bad out of round...but how bad is "bad"?), could you really do this with hondata?, larger injectors, xxxxTurbo, but now I'm getting too specific...or maybe not...to me the rest aren't parts that will break, only help or hurt your hp numbers...you break the internals and valve train cause they are weak, not cause you ran a log style manifold. Sure it may help/hurt but in the end ... it's cause your parts were weak...and we should waste a PAGE or TWO on that.

Some of us lesser exp. folks would like to know can you get those numbers and not spin a bearing or throw a rod after only a few months?

Remember...the knowledge you take for granted is not possessed by everyone, nor is the exp. you also take for granted. When people treat others like shit for not having been taught something or not having exp. that really really..really pisses me off.

You are a retard,

My STOCK MOTOR F22A6 prelude with a small 16g put down 233WHP at 11PSI and i ran it like that HARD for a year then sold it..and the new owner beat the shit out of it with no problems..

Comment

the feeling is mutual

Honestly, much of what you said in this thread has been misinformation, said with absolute certainty. The people that you are trying to make look stupid are displaying considerably more knowledge in this area.

We DO stick to our guns... but we also back down when we don't know what we're talking about. Not JUST because it makes us look stupid... but if we provide misinformation as if it were fact, others that don't know anything will read it and learn from it. Remember, people look at post count, join date, and post length to determine how accurate the information is... Not many actually think about the post's content.

For example, do you know what sort of pistons are best for a turbo setup? You say forged. What type? High silicon or low silicon? Low. Why? Because they are tougher. However, they expand under heat. That means the piston to bore clearance has to be loose when the engine is cold. If you listen to a built turbo motor, it almost sounds like a diesel when it starts up. Why? The pistons are rattling around against the cylinder walls until they heat up.
                        Now, this is a PROPERLY built turbo motor... as the high silicon pistons that can be run with tighter tolerances (they don't expand significantly) are brittle, and will crack under the heat and pressure of turbo. With these loose-tolerance low-silicon pistons, you're going to see wear on both the pistons and the cylinder walls. Eventually, this is going to result in both the piston and the cylinder wall becoming worn down. Eventually, the seal between the piston ring and cylinder wall, even when hot, will not be tight... calling for a rebuild. Something tells me this is going to occur before 200,000 miles.

Comment

no, we're not all like that. There are those of us that know a lot, those of us that know nothing, and those of us that fall somewhere in between... some of those people tend to think they know far more than they really do.
                          thank god.. its the main reason why i am only on three sites giving info. most sites do have this issue.

and your right, no one knows everything. the smartest people in the world never stop learning. i may know a thing or two, but i am always up for new info!

cause none of that was asked about. only how long a f22a lasts when boosted. so one has to extrapolate the info needed to be placed out there. from the conversation placed in the thread, it was "assumed" that it is a stock block boost mod/build. of course in that kind of conversation, things like internals will not come up. however things like manifold design, DP size, injector sizing, turbo sizing, and FMIC size/piping could all be discussed and still be on topic.

get it now?

you sir are a member i can truely respect.
                          Last edited by 99EJ6T; 05-05-2009, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ludedude1992
                            your a retard...
                            Yours is the exact post that isn't needed and the ones I'm talking about, I'm not a retard I have simply never boosted a car, you should leave your insults and just give the info, thanks for that part at least.

Honestly, much of what you said in this thread has been misinformation, said with absolute certainty. The people that you are trying to make look stupid are displaying considerably more knowledge in this area.
                            WHAT? I've asked questions, what the hell? I haven't said ONE thing with certainty! I KEEP saying I DON'T know about this stuff, I'm just throwing out generic parts and asking those who DO know to give more info, where are you getting this man?

For example, do you know what sort of pistons are best for a turbo setup? You say forged. What type?...
                            No and that's why I didn't say what type bro! I didn't mention aluminum forged rods or steel forged rods or any other type either did I? Cause guess what...I DON'T KNOW WHAT IS BEST! Where the hell did I say I knew anything? SHOW ME ONCE! All I've said in this thread is that I DON'T know yet you're accusing me of spreading misinformation? wtf?

Never mind I'll just look at the folks who are running boosted DD's how long their setups lasted, then look at the parts they run in the MR threads and I'll just put 2 and 2 together
                            Last edited by bcjammerx; 05-06-2009, 07:06 AM.
                            ____

Comment

gentleman apologies...after a night sleep and reading back over my posts I realize I allowed my frustration to blind me from seeing what you were trying to say, I was more focused on beating the dead horse...thus making me appear to be a great big jackass

That seems to be a trait I have from time to time, not something I like.

Deev you are correct, I have zero clue as to this topic, and while I was really only trying to learn more I simply did it 100% the wrong way.

99EJ6T, this is not the typical welcome this forum gives...thanks for your insight and exp. I shall hope to pick your brain.

As to traits I have another, I have no qualms with fessing up to an error on my part...so again...apologies for being a jackass.
                              ____

Comment

my question are how much is a H22 conversion, how much for F22 turbo conversion and you like to bet on force feed F22 last longer than the H22?

Comment

Working...
                                X