Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

boosted f22a

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 99EJ6T View Post

does it work? yes it does, obviously.
    Thats ALL I intended to prove... Nothing more.

i can say with out a doubt, is that a log manifold WILL NOT OUT FLOW a cast (flat ram style, like rev hard or the like) or any tubular manifold. proof is in the pudding. i suggest you go look for it. i'll give you a hint though.. runner length and exhaust pulse..
    Thats common sense. I never said a log WOULD out flow a tubular manifold. Im not sure where that statment came from. Grounded indicated that a log (or cast design) was no good for anything over 250 hp ... it took me 2 minutes to find information contrary to that.

true.. a 400 whp d16 on race is absolutly nothing. lol
    I wouldnt say its "nothing", but it is common.

Members Ride Thread - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=121452

Originally posted by slammed4thgen
    dustin, you are a dick!

officially the lowest ive seen now

Comment

Originally posted by eazyduzit509 View Post
      I was actually considering boosting my F22. At 192*** miles, me and a buddy figured if i bought one of those ebay kits (anywhere from $600-$1400) and ran at between 5-7psi, with regular maintanece it could be a good daily driver. All depends on how your engines running. Im probly not going too, but i considered it.
      Just wanted to point this post out. DO NOT buy one of Ebay turbo kits. It will NOT be a good daily driver. I don't know how you and your buddy came up with that, but it is wrong. Those turbos are mass produced in China without any quality control. The turbo will heat up, blow apart, and you will end up sucking pieces into your motor and you will end up ruining it. I have learned to never by a turbo or any part for that matter from Ebay that says "JDM" in the title.

PARTING OUT MY 1990 EX COUPE!! EVERYTHING FOR SALE! CLICK HERE
      Listen or download the first 4 songs I completed for my new upcoming album here!!
      My member's ride

Comment

Originally posted by AstroVannin View Post
        I wouldnt say its "nothing", but it is common.
        it is.. a 400 whp d-series can be had for less then 3k. this includes boost and tune. and compared to what i am building, it really is nothing. but thats not this topic any longer.

if your currious as to why i said the above, refer to d-series.org. lol.
        Originally posted by Soichiro Honda, Honda Motor Company Ltd. Founder
        Action without philosophy is a lethal weapon; philosophy without action is worthless.
        No, I don't own a CB7, but I do own a F22A6 and a B16A trans. All going in a 90 integra sedan .

Comment

RHMT > d-series.org ... lol

but yeah... post pice when you're done.

dustin, you are a dick!

Comment

Originally posted by AstroVannin View Post
            RHMT > d-series.org ... lol

but yeah... post pice when you're done.
            nothing is better then D-series...

and his bastard build will be like nothing people have seen before...
            post count does not reflect intelligence or experience

Comment

Originally posted by bcjammerx View Post
              come on guys, a rebuilt engine (forged rods, forged pistons, stock sleeves, new race bearings, and all affor mentioned oil lines etc) and good tune, and not hot dogging it all the time...how many miles SHOULD you get? Is that asked a little bit better?
              well they are pretty close to topic...
              Not really as it has nothing to do with how long a well built f22 will last on boost...

why don't YOU answer the question that was asked by the op AND ME then and KEEP THE THREAD ON TOPIC?

Guys...d series engines ARE OFF TOPIC! Go start your own thread...this thread is about ONE thing...so stay on topic or make your own damn thread all right? Or get out that simple
              ____

Comment

SOHC need low psi. you cant run like my evos 11psi. for a f22a1 the max is 7psi

Comment

Originally posted by Evil_cb7 View Post
                  SOHC needs low psi? that makes absolutely no sense, you are talking out of your ass.
                  please explain why you can't run 11psi on an F22 and don't you think it depends on the kind of turbo?

Comment

and to think you even own an evo...

maybe the reason why this entire thread has gone off topic is because the ops question is so vague and truly not even answerable...

its almost as bad as asking how much hp the f22 will make boosted...
                    or why is the sky blue.
                    post count does not reflect intelligence or experience

Comment

How many cams an engine has means absolutely NOTHING to the level of boost that it can run. I've known stock F22As to be boosted to 14psi with no problem. Healthy motors, properly sized turbos, and a good tune... I wouldn't reccommend going over 10psi on an old F22A due to the age of these motors, though. They aren't meant to be boosted.

And yeah, this thread really serves no purpose. I'd lock it, but there are some intelligent people in here that are taking the time to educate the ignorant... and I'm amazed at some of the misinformation that those ignorant people are bringing to the table! If just ONE person can learn something worthwhile, this thread is worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by bcjammerx View Post
                        Not really as it has nothing to do with how long a well built f22 will last on boost...
                        sure it does.

what a manifold design helps:

under hood temps
                        exhaust temp at valve

if you have quality parts, your build will last longer .

a well built f-series will last as long as any other built engine. i.e. as long as you take care of it and build it well.
                        Originally posted by Soichiro Honda, Honda Motor Company Ltd. Founder
                        Action without philosophy is a lethal weapon; philosophy without action is worthless.
                        No, I don't own a CB7, but I do own a F22A6 and a B16A trans. All going in a 90 integra sedan .

Comment

Are you retarded? (never mind, I already know the anwser)

GTFO please

On deeve's note... we did get kinda off topic a tad with the manifold debate, ha ha ha . I still think theres still some quality info in this thread though.
                          Last edited by AstroVannin; 05-03-2009, 08:14 PM.

dustin, you are a dick!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
                            How many cams an engine has means absolutely NOTHING to the level of boost that it can run. I've known stock F22As to be boosted to 14psi with no problem. Healthy motors, properly sized turbos, and a good tune... I wouldn't reccommend going over 10psi on an old F22A due to the age of these motors, though. They aren't meant to be boosted.

And yeah, this thread really serves no purpose. I'd lock it, but there are some intelligent people in here that are taking the time to educate the ignorant... and I'm amazed at some of the misinformation that those ignorant people are bringing to the table! If just ONE person can learn something worthwhile, this thread is worth it.
                            the funny part is those ignorant people prolly wont search and find this thread, and than just make a new dumb thread lol

Comment

sure it does.

what a manifold design helps:

under hood temps
                              exhaust temp at valve

if you have quality parts, your build will last longer .

a well built f-series will last as long as any other built engine. i.e. as long as you take care of it and build it well.
                              and about how long is that? How many miles? A stock OEM n/a no modded f22 can go for 300k 400k easy...but a REBUILT f22, for boost, well tuned, good build (see afor opst) how many miles? See no one is answering the question...just giving lame ass generic advice...and wasting the op's and everyone else's time

yes it is important, but that really doesn't play that much into the the longevity of the valve train or bottom end, no where NEAR as much as a proper tune, or forged pistons...thus...off topic of this thread...that is arguing semantics...after all I asked a "well built" not extreme build as in re-sleeving, ubber high end parts...

whatever I'm done with this thread though, nothing but off topic d-series this d-series that and other off topic or BARELY relevant bs or things that have been covered LONG ago (which turbo to get) and the noobs to this site (be they new to tuning or not doesn't matte) would do good to search that info before asking it in the next turbo thread thus taking IT off topic as well...and MAKE THEIR OWN THREAD! Asking question is fine, and we aren't going to tell you to search in the noob section, but don't threadjack like this one has been.
                              Last edited by bcjammerx; 05-03-2009, 10:26 PM.
                              ____

Comment

The OP's question really can't be answered... It's like saying "I got my girl pregnant. How long will my baby live?"

Comment

Working...
                                X