Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

boosted f22a

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So i gotta ask the question.

What would an ideal turbo be for a F motor? I know that is a vague question, but what would you use to acheive 300hp efficiently?
    post count does not reflect intelligence or experience

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
      Most inexpensive T3s are going to be small, was my point...
      Point taken..

The place I go they're all the same price ($40 - $60) so thats what I was thinking. .... its more a matter of them having what you need.

Members Ride Thread - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=121452

Originally posted by slammed4thgen
      dustin, you are a dick!

officially the lowest ive seen now

Comment

Originally posted by Grounded View Post
        So i gotta ask the question.

What would an ideal turbo be for a F motor? I know that is a vague question, but what would you use to acheive 300hp efficiently?
        EVO III 16g

Comment

Originally posted by rvaldez0781 View Post
          how much is a weir mani? i tried to look it up on their website, but couldnt get anywhere
          Just call him or send an email with the request... He's pretty good about responding to that stuff.

dustin, you are a dick!

Comment

Also i do plan on putting a 16g back on the car within a few months...I also drive a h22 prelude so the accord will not be driven every day...Only on the sunny days! hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by AstroVannin View Post
              Point taken..

The place I go they're all the same price ($40 - $60) so thats what I was thinking. .... its more a matter of them having what you need.
              Ok yeah... if I could get a working T3 for $40, I'd do it! I paid $100 for a t25 a while back... The motor was a project though... and I fully intended to blow it up with such a tiny turbo. It never made it... crashed the car the day I ordered the final part for the turbo setup.

And yeah, as far as inexpensive stock turbos go, the Evo III 16G (the "big" 16g, as it's called) is a very good choice.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
                Ok yeah... if I could get a working T3 for $40, I'd do it! I paid $100 for a t25 a while back... The motor was a project though... and I fully intended to blow it up with such a tiny turbo. It never made it... crashed the car the day I ordered the final part for the turbo setup.

And yeah, as far as inexpensive stock turbos go, the Evo III 16G (the "big" 16g, as it's called) is a very good choice.
                Actually there is a big 16g and an evo III 16g

Comment

Im planning to get everything working right on the Volvo unit, then Ive got access to a $60 Nissan T3 from the 300ZX, so that should fit the bill.

dustin, you are a dick!

Comment

Originally posted by ludedude1992 View Post
                    Actually there is a big 16g and an evo III 16g
                    correct..

EVO III 16g
                    personally, i think the 16g is a perfect turbo for the b18 guys. personally, a 20g is a better bet. well thats if you stay with the mitsu turbos. a large turbine t3 with a staged t4 compressor would mix well also.

to answer grounded: the turbos people use that some consider "oversized" for 300-350 whp on d-series, would be a good choice for a f-series.

It...was...a knock off EVO III 16G....

how many of the ebay 16g's have you seen? last couple i saw, were all the same. reguardless if they were sold as "EVOIII" turbos or not...
                    Originally posted by Soichiro Honda, Honda Motor Company Ltd. Founder
                    Action without philosophy is a lethal weapon; philosophy without action is worthless.
                    No, I don't own a CB7, but I do own a F22A6 and a B16A trans. All going in a 90 integra sedan .

Comment

Yea, there junk, understand that it came with the car. It blew up in 2 weeks! LOLOL

Comment

you guys realize that log manifold dont flow much better them 90% cast right?
                        there both good to hit the 250 mark but there a reason why you dont see people hitting a hole lot more then that with logs.
                        436 WHP on a log...... sorry for your mis-information

Breakdown of setup.

Z6 Motor
                        59300 w zex springs
                        Vitaras and eagles
                        Log manifold
                        H1C w 18.5 cm hotside
                        2.25-2.5 inch charge pipes
                        38mm knock off wg
                        4 inch up-pipe
                        68-65mm TB and Ported Z6 intake mani from Chris
                        Rc750's
                        Head ported by me
                        Ported and Shimmed oil pump by me
                        Si trans w 7.5 lb flywheel and LSD clutch

24.5 psi on a 93/112 mix

http://www.homemadeturbo.com/forum/f...er-ripper.html

dustin, you are a dick!

Comment

the flow of a ram style manifold would and is better for the life of a turbo.
                          equal length runners construct a good manifold.
                          and just because you can dig up a dyno showing me 1 person over 400 doesnt really say much.
                          and that power is useless... it jumps allmost 200hp from 5k to 6k.

is it possible to have a educated internet debate here or do you all feel that your knowledge is superior to everyone elses. this is getting old fast.

theres no information you can dig up thats going to prove a log manifold will outflow a ram. and since the ram has better flow it can better dissapate heat. and what kill turbos fastest... yeah. keep them coming. its not logical to run a log setup on that high of HP because it will cause components to fail...
                          post count does not reflect intelligence or experience

Comment

and just because you can dig up a dyno showing me 1 person over 400 doesnt really say much.
                            and that power is useless... it jumps allmost 200hp from 5k to 6k.
                            That took like 2 minutes to find on homemadeturbo.com , so, yeah, no much "digging" it couldn’t have been easier really.

is it possible to have a educated internet debate here or do you all feel that your knowledge is superior to everyone elses. this is getting old fast.
                            VERY sorry to question your uncontrolable knoledgabilities. Im sorry you take such as issue with being proven to be mis-informed. I think that is getting old MUCH faster. Try not to get so bent out of shape, its just the internet and it makes you look a little stupid. Based on your response, Im going to say NO, its NOT possible to have an "educated internet debate" at least not one involving you, since you seem to have an inability to cope with being wrong... or at least proven wrong.

theres no information you can dig up thats going to prove a log manifold will outflow a ram.
                            You're right....... <--- better now?

and since the ram has better flow it can better dissapate heat. and what kill turbos fastest... yeah. keep them coming. its not logical to run a log setup on that high of HP because it will cause components to fail...
                            Yep you’re the grand master, I mean; you NEVER said that in the original argument, but OK. YOU said it didn’t flow enough, you were proved wrong. What you're saying there is logical, and it makes good sense, however, I only intended to disprove you initial statement. Time will tell how that particular build holds up, I suspect it will be just fine since its not the first like that by a long shot.

Maybe if you tried being a little less of an internet mechanic/e-expert, and researched things BEFORE making broad and mis-informed statements you could avoid putting you foot so squarely in your mouth.

Ramhorns FOR SURE flow better. That makes sense, and believe it or not, I didn’t need an internet mechanic to tell me that. However, 462 is pretty far north of the 250 that you said was pretty much the limit for a log.

If someone with 2 minutes and google can disprove you, you're probably just wrong. Lets move on.

dustin, you are a dick!

Comment

holy fuck back on topic

stock f22? It won't last long.

Rebuilt...depends on the amount of boost. Boost != longevity

On a rebuilt engine with proper tune we aren't talking a couple weeks here...it SHOULD last a good while...as long as you do proper maintenance (for a boosted car) but I don't boost so I don't know...

come on guys, a rebuilt engine (forged rods, forged pistons, stock sleeves, new race bearings, and all affor mentioned oil lines etc) and good tune, and not hot dogging it all the time...how many miles SHOULD you get? Is that asked a little bit better?
                              ____

Comment

Originally posted by bcjammerx View Post
                                holy fuck back on topic
                                well they are pretty close to topic.. since they are discussing manifold design.. something one should pay attention too..

Originally posted by AstroVannin View Post
                                That took like 2 minutes to find on homemadeturbo.com
                                and as you can see from YOUR graph, its not a very friendly/useable. a tubular, cast, top mount, or side mount would have made the power "cleaner" then the log manifold you posted (which is what i believe grounded was refering to). i like how you posted a d-series engine, as i have some experiance with them.

lets first start with design of the turbo. its a holset.. look at its design and the turbo manifold it was bolted to. the log manifold works best once exhaust speeds are already up and it over comes the turbulance. the holset is a larger turbo for specs and needs large amounts of exhaust to enable it to come up to speed. so as such, they work nicely together.

then lets look at the over all approch to the engine.. its a big open hole to the cylinders. ever part of the induction side is huge and over sized. so basically the builder just opened the engine up and rammed cfm down its neck. not a very good approch to making power.

does it work? yes it does, obviously.

i can say with out a doubt, is that a log manifold WILL NOT OUT FLOW a cast (flat ram style, like rev hard or the like) or any tubular manifold. proof is in the pudding. i suggest you go look for it. i'll give you a hint though.. runner length and exhaust pulse..

true.. a 400 whp d16 on race is absolutly nothing. lol
                                Originally posted by Soichiro Honda, Honda Motor Company Ltd. Founder
                                Action without philosophy is a lethal weapon; philosophy without action is worthless.
                                No, I don't own a CB7, but I do own a F22A6 and a B16A trans. All going in a 90 integra sedan .

Comment

Working...
                                X