Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

boosted f22a

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ludedude1992 View Post
    At least the following:

DSM 450CC Injectors
    WEIR Manifold
    Junkyard T3
    Stealthmode Oil Lines
    Blow Off Valve (Volvo 240, Piersburg)
    Intercooler Piping
    Intercooler (SAAB 900?)
    Couplers (I got some 2.5id reinforced silicone rad hose from a truck shop)
    Clamps (Princess Auto T-Bolt style)
    Bigger fuel pump (Walbro 255)
    Chipped and tuned ECU

Once you get that all installed DO NOT BOOST IT!
    Fixed it

Members Ride Thread - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=121452

Originally posted by slammed4thgen
    dustin, you are a dick!

officially the lowest ive seen now

Comment

I was actually considering boosting my F22. At 192*** miles, me and a buddy figured if i bought one of those ebay kits (anywhere from $600-$1400) and ran at between 5-7psi, with regular maintanece it could be a good daily driver. All depends on how your engines running. Im probly not going too, but i considered it.

Comment

Originally posted by AstroVannin View Post
        Fixed it
        Thats a tad ghetto dont you think? haha

Comment

No.

I dont know how a custom made log manifold with a T3 is any more ghetto then bastardizing the DSM manifold. Plus it will be ALOT easier to upgrade later on or find a replacment in a pinch. T3 flange is on alost everything.

Also, if the BOV (which is adjustable BTW) is good enough for a Volvo 240 (basically a tank) Im sure its going to be better then a ching chong knock off from ebay.

SAAB Fmic... whatever, take it or leave it, its cheap and it works. Obviously theres better, but SAAB ones can be had CHEAP, and they fit almost anywhere. Easily upgradable later on.

The silicone rad hose worker PERFECT for me. Sure you can spend more... but why would you want to? For clamps... as far as Im concerned T-Bolts are T-Bolts... who cares where they come from.

OR

Last edited by AstroVannin; 04-28-2009, 04:53 PM.

dustin, you are a dick!

Comment

Well ghetto works for the people that live in them.
            and what do you consider ghetto?
            What works, works.

and yeah, chodes-a-plenty around here. especially when people don't realize that a dumb question gets a dumb answer.

and mt answer to the OP question: It's all about the tune. assuming you have all the right components, the only thing that will save that motor is maintenance and an AMAZING tune.

Comment

what people may not know is that ludedude1992 has already had a f22 boosted with the setup he listed.

he was simply making a recomendation in a setup that he knows works
              post count does not reflect intelligence or experience

Comment

Originally posted by Grounded View Post
                what people may not know is that ludedude1992 has already had a f22 boosted with the setup he listed.

he was simply making a recomendation in a setup that he knows works
                So because he used it, and it works, its NOT ok to recoment improvments? I didnt dispute that it would work, or whether he did or didnt run that setup.

He called my recomendations "ghetto" ... not vice versa. I just wanted to know why a custom log mani was "more ghetto" then hacking on a manifold from another make.

What "people may or may not know" is I had a Chrysler T3 on a weld to cast gangster mani and Celica injectors with an SAFC hack on my Tercel..... Did it work?. yeah, Could it be improved? for sure.

I would rather get a proper mani and turbo the first time and upgrade everything else as time and funds allow.
                Last edited by AstroVannin; 04-28-2009, 05:08 PM.

dustin, you are a dick!

Comment

So because he used it, and it works, its NOT ok to recoment improvments? I didnt dispute that it would work, or whether he did or didnt run that setup.

He called my recomendations "ghetto" ... not vice versa. I just wanted to know why a custom log mani was "more ghetto" then hacking on a manifold from another make.

What "people may or may not know" is I had a Chrysler T3 on a weld to cast gangster mani and Celica injectors with an SAFC hack on my Tercel..... Did it work?. yeah, Could it be improved? for sure.

I would rather get a proper mani and turbo the first time and upgrade everything else as time and funds allow.
                  calm it down, i wasnt calling anyone out i was just giving out some facts. he ran that setup for over a year without a problem.

all i was saying. i never said that anyones setup was ghetto or didnt work.

Comment

I simply posted a good setup that has been known to work and be reliable for a very long time. I think a good intercooler is a must...not a smaller used intercooler...Plus all the stuff i listed is easy to find...

Comment

Originally posted by Grounded View Post
                      calm it down, i wasnt calling anyone out i was just giving out some facts. he ran that setup for over a year without a problem.

all i was saying. i never said that anyones setup was ghetto or didnt work.
                      Also, i sold that car, and the next two owners kept the same setup and actually turned the boost up! The last i heard about it (1/2 year ago) it was still running cherry. So thats going on two years.

Comment

Heres my current setup:

DSM 2g Manifold
                        DSM 14B Turbo
                        Custom Stainless Steel J Pipe
                        Custom 3" Exhaust w/ 3" flowmaster muffler
                        FPR
                        RC 550 CC Injectors
                        Stealthmode Oil Lines
                        Type S BOV
                        2.5 Intercooler piping
                        FMIC
                        Chipped and Dyno Tuned P06 ECU
                        Water, Oil Pressure, Boost Guages
                        HKS Turbo Timer
                        Walboro 255 Fuel Pump
                        Cyro Treated Transmission
                        400HP Race Axles

I am getting the car re-tuned soon and am shooting for 240-260whp daily driver

Comment

Yeah .... 2 years is a good run for sure.

For low boost, Im pretty confident in the SAAB FMIC, higher boost... yeah, probably not so much... but it would be on the short list of things to upgrade. I was at like 15psi on the hack Tercel. I just ALWAYS regreted NOT doing a good manifold the first time. SO, if I were starting from scratch, I would rather spend a grip on the turbo and mani, then upgrade the other stuff over time. IT alot easier to upgrade the intercooler at a later point in time (at least in my opinion).

dustin, you are a dick!

Comment

Yeah .... 2 years is a good run for sure.

For low boost, Im pretty confident in the SAAB FMIC, higher boost... yeah, probably not so much... but it would be on the short list of things to upgrade. I was at like 15psi on the hack Tercel. I just ALWAYS regreted NOT doing a good manifold the first time. SO, if I were starting from scratch, I would rather spend a grip on the turbo and mani, then upgrade the other stuff over time. IT alot easier to upgrade the intercooler at a later point in time (at least in my opinion).
                            Oh most def, on my original prelude turbo setup...i was running 390cc injectors, dsm sidemount, and a t25 turbo on 6psi, I ran it like that for 3 months then upgraded to 450cc injectors, fmic, and a ported big 16g on 10psi.

Comment

Heres my current setup:

DSM 2g Manifold
                              DSM 14B Turbo
                              Custom Stainless Steel J Pipe
                              Custom 3" Exhaust w/ 3" flowmaster muffler
                              FPR
                              RC 550 CC Injectors
                              Stealthmode Oil Lines
                              Type S BOV
                              2.5 Intercooler piping
                              FMIC
                              Chipped and Dyno Tuned P06 ECU
                              Water, Oil Pressure, Boost Guages
                              HKS Turbo Timer
                              Walboro 255 Fuel Pump
                              Cyro Treated Transmission
                              400HP Race Axles

I am getting the car re-tuned soon and am shooting for 240-260whp daily driver
                              All Ive got left for mine is to get teh ECU chipped, but I think Ive got a guy, just need to make a call.

Otherwise.

WEIR mani
                              Volvo T3
                              DSM 450's
                              VDO boost gauge
                              Stealthmore oil lines
                              Peirsburg BOV
                              2.5 chargepipes + whatever couplers Weir's got
                              FMIC - (pretty big, I had it on the Tercel originally, will have new tanks though)
                              Stock trans and axles

Il probably get some kind of turbo timer, but havent got one yet.

I'm kinda aiming at 250 whp.

dustin, you are a dick!

Comment

you guys realize that log manifold dont flow much better them 90% cast right?
                                there both good to hit the 250 mark but there a reason why you dont see people hitting a hole lot more then that with logs.

Comment

Working...
                                X