Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Is this a h23 or F22a6 intake manifold?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this a h23 or F22a6 intake manifold?

Hi, I got this manifold from the guy who is selling me my used engine, he had it laying around. I was wondering if yall knew if it was from an h23 or a f22a6.

Thanks for the help. Sorry the pics so large.
    1989 cressida: Polycog diesel ultracharged, high tension muffler bearings, Manestically spaced pivot bearings, High definition halogen fluid, Flourescently scored bio-fuel seperator, flux capacitor and a Sega Genesis hooked up to a 9" b/w tv via cable to antenna converter.

Its an A6

Comment

can the manifold and TB be made to flow like an h23 mani? or will I have to find the upper plenum for an h23.
      1989 cressida: Polycog diesel ultracharged, high tension muffler bearings, Manestically spaced pivot bearings, High definition halogen fluid, Flourescently scored bio-fuel seperator, flux capacitor and a Sega Genesis hooked up to a 9" b/w tv via cable to antenna converter.

Comment

It would be much cheaper to find an H23 manifold than it would be to modify the A6 one to flow more.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
          It would be much cheaper to find an H23 manifold than it would be to modify the A6 one to flow more.
          agreed. this man knows what hes talking about. and yes thats an a6. when i got my h23 mani i almost fell out bcuz id never really seen one in person, and compared to the a6, the h23 plenum looks huge to the a6 to me. and the h23 plenum and TB are bigger than the a6. scrap the a6 plenum and TB and go get the plenum and TB from the h23. use the a6 runners. and your good to go
          I LOVE My CB7

Comment

^^ Thats what I did to mine, a6 runners, gutted iab spacer, working iab plate, h23 plenum, h23 tb. Never thought my intake could sound so mean with a stock airbox. haha
            PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

Originally posted by cloudasc View Post
              ^^ Thats what I did to mine, a6 runners, gutted iab spacer, working iab plate, h23 plenum, h23 tb. Never thought my intake could sound so mean with a stock airbox. haha
              from the research that ive done that is the ultimate intake mani setup. one question? where did u mount the 'flies? on the bottom closest to the runners or on top closest to the plenum?
              I LOVE My CB7

Comment

The butterflies don't fit below the spacer without grinding/cutting off a tab of metal which I didn't do, so the butterfly's are above the spacer, and below the plenum.

Comment

Originally posted by cloudasc View Post
                  The butterflies don't fit below the spacer without grinding/cutting off a tab of metal which I didn't do, so the butterfly's are above the spacer, and below the plenum.
                  yeah that is true. i actually took my spacer plate to a friend who had the tools and cut all the extra stuff off. and thats why i asked that. sorry forgot to mention that part. ive talked to a few people and they've all said the same, to mount the 'flies on the "bottom" and thats what i think im going to do
                  I LOVE My CB7

Comment

The way I have it setup is the same that the blacktrax spacer would be too as the dyno example they gave. I believe all it does is make the runners longer, vs having the butterflys below the spacer would enlarge the plenum even more, if planning on reving the motor to the moon irs better to remove the butterflys then.
                    Last edited by cloudasc; 04-27-2009, 12:55 AM.

Comment

I'm getting a FREE h23 IM today and I'm going to swap just the Plenum and TB to my A6 runners......What all extra parts, gaskets, bolts ECT are needed???? (no spacer tricks)

1990 Accord LX Sedan~Sold
                      1993 Accord EX Sedan~Sold
                      1995 Suzuki GSX-R 750~Totaled

Comment

if your not doublestacking the spacer than nothing except the gaskets really...
                        I LOVE My CB7

Comment

Has the spacer been really proven to work???

1990 Accord LX Sedan~Sold
                          1993 Accord EX Sedan~Sold
                          1995 Suzuki GSX-R 750~Totaled

Comment

yes sir it has. www.blacktrax.net dyno sheets included!
                            I LOVE My CB7

Comment

You can also use the H22 upper plenum and iab plate. I just got one off a friend of mine because he swap it out for a skunk2 mani. I still need a H tb though.

86 4Runner - 22RE 5spd, 4" Lift, 35x12.5R15 BFG Km2's, 4.10 gears
                              "The Turtle"
                              DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

Working...
                              X