Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

good spring rate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good spring rate

I was looking at the already open threads and i did not find a direct answer so i decide to open my own one anyways i wanted to ask if this was a good Spring Rate Fr/Rear: 246/162 LBs/Inch with a 2.0 in the front and a 1.4 in the back.....i have a 2.0 drop right now and i hit and scrap the crap out of my car and bounce all over the road and its killing my tires and i wanted to know if anyone is running these without any problems like mine and do you have any camber wear with this kind of drop ? can anyone help me out.....

That's a soft rate like the TEIN STECH springs.

You won't get camber wear from 2 inch drop. It's the toe setting you need to keep an eye on. Alignment will fix that problem.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
    1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
    2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
    2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
    2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
    2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Originally posted by Gecko1 View Post
      I was looking at the already open threads and i did not find a direct answer so i decide to open my own one anyways i wanted to ask if this was a good Spring Rate Fr/Rear: 246/162 LBs/Inch with a 2.0 in the front and a 1.4 in the back.....i have a 2.0 drop right now and i hit and scrap the crap out of my car and bounce all over the road and its killing my tires and i wanted to know if anyone is running these without any problems like mine and do you have any camber wear with this kind of drop ? can anyone help me out.....
      Alot of the bounce will be determined by the quality and stiffness of your dampers.

That's a pretty soft spring rate, but I don't know if you're trying to retain alot of ride comfort or just want good handling.

To give you an idea Neuspeed race springs are 485F/300R and lower 2.2" front and 2.0" rear, which is very close to the same front to back ratio as what you're talking about. The ride will just be softer. What springs are they, and what dampers are you using?
      There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

they are TEIN STECH springs and i am going to use my stock shocks....i really don't want to have a bouncy car i want to have a stiff ride like if it was stock and i just want a lower stands....kinda of a DD and a street warrior by night....

Comment

as you can tell by my pick i have a serouis drop and want to be a little higher than this and you really cant tell on the front cuz of angle of tire but on the back you can tell its really angeled and of alingment

Comment

s techs are way too soft of a spring to be able to have any real fun on the twisties.

450+lbs/in is where it starts getting fun.

Also, whomever mentioned that a 2" drop won't give you camber wear, that is false. Even the sport springs give camber wear. Maybe not a lot, but enough to cut back on tire life.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

i really don't get it if i don't want a bouncy ride i want a hard ride or soft cuz guy at autozone told me backwards my car bounces alot and he side i had a hard ride and i need a soft ride for less bounce

Comment

Bounce is more dependent on the shock absorbers than the spring rate.
                Gary A.K.A. Carter
                [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

The guy at autozone probably has an IQ of -3.5.

A stiffer springrate WILL bounce, but not much. You'll feel a lot of the bumps, but when you go over a big bump, your girls titties won't bounce as much, just a quick jolt.

Softer spring rates are the opposite. Smooth over small bumps but will bounce like an SUV over bigger bumps.

BUT...your dampner/shocks have a HUGE impact on this as well. Stock shocks will bounce like a mofo and you'll practically be riding on the spring only.

Comment

Originally posted by The G-Man View Post
                    Bounce is more dependent on the shock absorbers than the spring rate.

yep, and if your dampers are real stiff...tire size and design come into play.

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

okay so if i get the TEIN STECH springs and then get just aftermaket stock shocks will that get me a couple of months of a good ride? its cuz i have a small car fund and i can afford the good ones...i got the springs just cuz i sold some ricer parts and know i am getting these

Comment

Originally posted by slammed4thgen View Post

yep, and if your dampers are real stiff...tire size and design come into play.
                        Most definitely. Me riding on 195/60/15 All-season touring tires much more "floaty" that running on 205/50/16 summer tires.
                        Gary A.K.A. Carter
                        [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Pair them up with some Tokico HP's and you'll be golden. Won't be the best handling ride, but decent enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Gecko1 View Post
                            okay so if i get the TEIN STECH springs and then get just aftermaket stock shocks will that get me a couple of months of a good ride? its cuz i have a small car fund and i can afford the good ones...i got the springs just cuz i sold some ricer parts and know i am getting these
                            honestly...take your time dood.

dont go throwing shit together, save and do it right!

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

If you're really set on those springs, then upgrade your shocks.

I would upgrade both though really.
                              Neuspeed race and H&R race are both pretty stiff springs. Eibach sportlines are a little softer I believe, but you can get custom spring rates from eibach, so you can go that way if you really wanna get into it.
                              There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X