Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

supercharger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mcdizzle View Post
    i love all the horrible horrible information thats being construed in this thread....
    i agree...people need to do research....the stock motor pretty much has low compression...nowyou dont need to do anything to the head....people on this board have slapped on a dsm turbo and have netted close to 200-250whp on 8-12lbs of boost...now doin anything to the head will net you some more power but its not needed...the f22a head flows good as it is...now supercharging is a good idea...the only things is that you might do more customizing then you would a turbo...now everyone who hasnt had turbo or hasnt done theyre research, please stop giving wrong info...we dont want anyone coming back on here arguing that they blew theyre motor cuz we as a whole(cb7tuner) gave them wrong info......anyway goodluck wit finding info on the supercharger....GOOGLE is your buddy...
    OLD

Comment

my bad i suppose... i'm used to working on rwd v-6 and v-8 ... it's always been the rule of thumb for me to rebuild and refresh all engine parts before any boost is applied... keeps the always there "weak link" from rearing it's ugly head and causing expensive or extensive engine damage... let alone the expensive new goodies...
      THOU SHALT NOT SHIT IN DEEVE'S WHEATIES

Comment

Making sure then engine is in good running condition is definitely a good idea!

But even a really badly flowing head (which isn't the case here either as pointed out) won't cause a breakdown.

Comment

you can go on youtube and see several cb7s with superchargers on them....they scream.....UPDATE: I just looked on there to post a link and now I can't find one video......will keep looking
          Last edited by Sway; 04-16-2009, 03:50 PM.
          91 LX Under Construction. http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...00#post2017900

Comment

like i said pro charger is the easiest way to go on this one imo
            and as long as you stay around 10 psi you will be fine on a stock f22 that is only if it is in good running condition a leak down is a must imo just to see where it is at and if it is ready to be force fed

Comment

turbo=lagging

supercharge=overheat

lol
              Last edited by cb7_07; 04-20-2009, 10:51 PM.
              cb7 rebuild coming soon!

Comment

Originally posted by cb7_07 View Post
                turbo=lagging

supercharge=overheat

lol
                so what your saying both is bad lol
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=138029 <-mrt

diy whore riiittteeee here
                [URL="http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?p=2208455"]
                http://www.b20vtec.com/forums/members/pr3pg4lyfe.html

Comment

Originally posted by bigbadnothing85 View Post
                  i concurr with fneg... lower compression is a must.... and above all else... REDO YOUR HEAD!!! putting boost through a stock head and cam is MUY MUY BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD JU JU!!!!
                  Wrong. The F22A compression is plenty low. The issue is the strength of the components... and with most supercharger setups, that isn't something to worry about. The ONLY significant concern with forced induction on a healthy stock F22A is tuning... tune it properly, and it will work.

Originally posted by J3wman View Post
                  look for superchargers for an F22A1 (assuming thats what you got) thats the engine code for our cars. but the benifits of a turbo is you get more power but only in the upper revs other than that it creates turbo lag this is because it uses your exhaust pressure to spool the turbine in the intake and create more pressure in the cylenders. The supercharger however uses a pulley system to create this effect, it gives you power through out all your revs but also gives you slightly less power. if youre a mad man do both however do remember for forced intake youre gonna need high comp pistons and rods.
                  There might be a tiny nugget of fact buried in that statement... but I'm having a hard time finding it. That whole thing is about 95% false.

Originally posted by cb7_07 View Post
                  turbo=lagging

supercharge=overheat

lol
                  What? Because the supercharger isn't intercooled? There are ways to fix that.
                  And not all turbos lag considerably. It's all in the design.

There are no supercharger kits available for the CB7.
                  There are very few turbo kits available as well.
                  If you want to go either route, you need to build your own (even if you find a kit, it's best to do it yourself anyway!)

There will be a supercharged CB7 on this forum soon enough... unlike any you've ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
                    There will be a supercharged CB7 on this forum soon enough... unlike any you've ever seen.
                    oooooooooooooo...now i'm kind of excited...
                    1992 LX H22A

^^Click for MR Thread^^

Comment

Working...
                    X