Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Carburator conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carburator conversion

Ok I have been thinking about my f22 build. Im leaning towards NA, prob 11.5-12:1 comp. bisimoto headwork with valvetrain, and a webcams stage 2 regrind. Thinking about engine management is making my head spin, I was wondering if anyone has fit motorcycle individual carbs onto a F22ax or maybe even a weber 38/38 downdraft. I have searched on google for a carburator manifold for this application with no result. Thanks.
    1989 cressida: Polycog diesel ultracharged, high tension muffler bearings, Manestically spaced pivot bearings, High definition halogen fluid, Flourescently scored bio-fuel seperator, flux capacitor and a Sega Genesis hooked up to a 9" b/w tv via cable to antenna converter.

Get ahold of Bisimoto. Bisi used to have carbs on his race engine before he went to itbs and standalone ems.
    There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

why not get a chipped ECU, a laptop, and a rom emulator? takes 30 min to install/connect everything. then just drive around and datalog, then pull over and adjust your fuel map on the laptop. then repeat to fine tune things. done. less headache IMO

Comment

Originally posted by rexload View Post
        why not get a chipped ECU, a laptop, and a rom emulator? takes 30 min to install/connect everything. then just drive around and datalog, then pull over and adjust your fuel map on the laptop. then repeat to fine tune things. done. less headache IMO
        x2 but for me i would but im not that into the whole pulling over and tweak it because if your off by a decimal your screwed thats wat ive herd

Carburator conversion
        Ok I have been thinking about my f22 build. Im leaning towards NA, prob 11.5-12:1 comp. bisimoto headwork with valvetrain, and a webcams stage 2 regrind. Thinking about engine management is making my head spin, I was wondering if anyone has fit motorcycle individual carbs onto a F22ax or maybe even a weber 38/38 downdraft. I have searched on google for a carburator manifold for this application with no result. Thanks.
        and for the carbs they use tb's off a bussa or gsxr for the j/y itbs
        Last edited by AK-49-CB7; 04-12-2009, 11:25 PM.

"accidents in the back seats cause kids"
        but who says that i
        have back seats in my sedan

THE ALASKA EXPERIMENT

Comment

even with itb's you will still need a ems
          i guess you can go old school with so weber carbs but good luck finding ones cheap and then you will have to mount them to a flange. and after it is done i don't really know if it will be worth it

i don't know if the f18 was cararated or not but might be worth looking into i don't even know if it will bolt up or not if it is

Comment

When you say chipped ecu do you mean a Hondata s300, aem, etc.. Ive looked at a few, what are the pros/cons of each. I know the hondata is def. cheaper than the aem, but from reading the aem looks alot easier to use and more plug and play.
            1989 cressida: Polycog diesel ultracharged, high tension muffler bearings, Manestically spaced pivot bearings, High definition halogen fluid, Flourescently scored bio-fuel seperator, flux capacitor and a Sega Genesis hooked up to a 9" b/w tv via cable to antenna converter.

Comment

Originally posted by AK-49-CB7 View Post
              x2 but for me i would but im not that into the whole pulling over and tweak it because if your off by a decimal your screwed thats wat ive herd

and for the carbs they use tb's off a bussa or gsxr for the j/y itbs
              for a naturally aspirated application, you can be anywhere between about 11.5 and 13.5 AFR at wide open throttle. That is a pretty BIG gap where your engine is completely safe. If you know how to use a computer keyboard, you will be able to get it into that gap in about 20minutes and another 20 minutes will get you even more precise ratios

Originally posted by keldore View Post
              When you say chipped ecu do you mean a Hondata s300, aem, etc.. Ive looked at a few, what are the pros/cons of each. I know the hondata is def. cheaper than the aem, but from reading the aem looks alot easier to use and more plug and play.
              i mean a stock OBD1 Civic ECU that is chipped. you can chip it yourself if you buy a chipping kit and if you are good with soldering. or you can buy one that is already chipped, it usually runs ~$150.
              you don't need Hondata because fortunately there is free tuning software out there

Comment

i mean a stock OBD1 Civic ECU that is chipped. you can chip it yourself if you buy a chipping kit and if you are good with soldering. or you can buy one that is already chipped, it usually runs ~$150.
                you don't need Hondata because fortunately there is free tuning software out there
                Thanks, what model # of civic ecu am I looking for? and how do I know if its been chipped etc.. can I goto my local speed shop or do I have to look on ebay etc.. Im learning more and more each day.

Comment

some info on chipping/tuning ECU's
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=56836

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

So if I can find one of the ECU's on the list any of them will plug into my existing harness... I wish there was a good tune shop around me to do the whole chipping/laptop hookup thing. Its not registering correctly in my brain.

Comment

Well if you can fab up some carbs onto your f22, then this should be simple. You don't need to tune it yourself, but you can chip it yourself.

I offer chipping/tuning services. You can email me at crzy.tuning@gmail.com for more info.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Working...
                      X