Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

CB7 A/C Delete??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CB7 A/C Delete??

i want to get rid of the A/C in my 91 a1. is there any kits out there? or is it backyard project? i dont ever use my a/c even tho i live in dallas. id rather have the windows down and the music loud, but thats just me. has anybody ever heard of or seen this on a cb7? am i just crazy bcuz i dont need it and want all the crap i dont need off the car? a cb7 that i can drive to work then take to the dragstrip on the weekends is what im aiming for. i want to keep the a1 in there but mod it out. and i know i want the a/c gone.
    I LOVE My CB7

Go to a shop and get the system properly vented; you don't really want to vent the gas into the air, its not very friendly. Then you can go about taking all the parts off.

I'd keep the AC if you are in Dallas. If you want to reduce weight, you can always remove your trunk carpet and get rid of your spare in exchange for a tire sealant and a pneumatic pump.
    DEVOTE

Comment

Originally posted by lokuputha View Post
      Go to a shop and get the system properly vented; you don't really want to vent the gas into the air, its not very friendly. Then you can go about taking all the parts off.

I'd keep the AC if you are in Dallas. If you want to reduce weight, you can always remove your trunk carpet and get rid of your spare in exchange for a tire sealant and a pneumatic pump.
      lol its funny you say that http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=132482

its not really about reducing weight to me i just dont use and dont want it. its a drag on my engine and i hate it. ill def keep the heater tho!
      I LOVE My CB7

Comment

Originally posted by 1991f22a1 View Post

its not really about reducing weight to me i just dont use and dont want it. its a drag on my engine and i hate it.
        Not if its not on.
        wat?

Comment

you don't need a "special Kit" to remove the A/C.
          If you want to delete your A/C, just go to Napa or autozone and get
          A Alternator without Air Conditioning Belt.

Just like lokuputha said, go to a shop and get the Freon pump out.
          i dont know about texas, but in California, its illegal to release freon into the open air.
          Cappuccino CB7 Member #4
          FoDough fo moreho
          [FuNKiE FrEsH]

Comment

Originally posted by thecrow7841 View Post
            you don't need a "special Kit" to remove the A/C.
            If you want to delete your A/C, just go to Napa or autozone and get
            A Alternator without Air Conditioning Belt.

Just like lokuputha said, go to a shop and get the Freon pump out.
            i dont know about texas, but in California, its illegal to release freon into the open air.
            yeah im sure there are strict govt regulations on that. all in all from what u guys are saying it shouldnt be that much money. just got to rip out all the crap. more labor intensive it seems.
            and even though its not "on" there is still belt driving the a/c compressor whether its on or off.
            I LOVE My CB7

Comment

I also wanna delete my a/c, is it a must to get the altenator?

92 Accord Cb7 ^^
              My Ride Thread~~Click Below.
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176232

Comment

Originally posted by AcCoRd91cBsEveN View Post
                I also wanna delete my a/c, is it a must to get the altenator?
                i think he was just talking about the belt? to basically get a belt that is shorter, because you wont have the compressor anymore. right?
                I LOVE My CB7

Comment

correct, get a belt from a DX w / no AC

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                  11.68 @ 127mph
                  417whp/375wtq
                  Sold: 8/2016

Comment

Originally posted by Boost_Lee View Post
                    correct, get a belt from a DX w / no AC
                    That's what I got is a Dx.

92 Accord Cb7 ^^

Comment

Originally posted by AcCoRd91cBsEveN View Post
                      That's what I got is a Dx.
                      from what i know the DX didnt come with a/c, but im pretty sure people had them installed after they bought the car.
                      I LOVE My CB7

Comment

Maybe idk unless I got a dam lx lol cause my title says dx and the car does have a/c, but like you said some1 did install it in there.

92 Accord Cb7 ^^

Comment

lol. well you can always look up your VIN number to find out what it really is if u have a doubt. but my high school auto tech teacher, the man whole built my engine, was telling me that in the older civics and accords in the dx model did not come with a/c, and when he was working at the honda dealership, he would always have people coming in to have an a/c system installed. he said he did it a countless amount of times. too bad they didnt make a dx with the a6 engine
                          I LOVE My CB7

Comment

Wow, this thread is ripe with misinformation!

Some DX models had AC. Some did not. It was an option. I had a 92 DX with a factory installed AC system.

To delete the AC, you need a belt designed to run the alternator without the AC compressor pulley.... meaning, a shorter belt. If you can't find one specifically for a CB7, you could always measure and have one custom made. Many places will do that for you.

If your system is charged, you'll need to have it properly and LEGALLY drained. If it has already drained itself into the atmosphere, then you're in the clear. Just remove it all.

The AC system is NOT a draw on the engine when it is off. The pulley spins freely, and there's no significant parasitic loss. When it is on, that's a different story. If performance is what you want, the weight of the AC system is fairly significant when you add up all the parts.

Comment

cool, i didnt know that it was an option was it an option for every year cb7? 90-93? and if i can find a dx without a/c, could i just snag that belt? or it seems to me it'd probably be better to get a new belt from a parts store...
                              i know it was recharged when the engine was rebuilt because my teacher told me that he personally did it himself. where would you go to have it drained? are there a lot of components to the a/c system?
                              I LOVE My CB7

Comment

Working...
                              X