Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Tiger Japanese

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The motor I got from hmotors in 2003 is still running strong. 70,000 miles on it since I got it, and I can't say I baby it... I probably abuse it pretty badly!

Comment

Man....the one thing I like about Tiger is the price....but then again if there are going to be issues, then it might come out to be more. hmmmmmm.....I am seeing that it is really a hit or miss.
      91 LX Under Construction. http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...00#post2017900

Comment

Ive gotten good motors from both, Ive also got clean swap from HMO and had a F'd up tranny, but after calling them, i had another tranny ASAP.

Ive got 3 h22as and a F22b from TJ, and all were awesome motors.
        -RIP Eric Hall. Miss you brother-
        newskoolhippy (10:53:37 PM): i want to see a pic of you with a hard-on to prove thats your cock
        newskoolhippy (10:53:56 PM): i need to see your face in the pic
        newskoolhippy (10:54:07 PM): with todays paper in the picture to prove your taking it now

Comment

hmotors will ALWAYS fix their mistakes. Broken sensors, bad motors, bad transmissions. They're very careful about what they send out, and they rarely send out crap... but it does happen. Being an American-based company, anyone in the US that buys from them has the option of going after them in court if they don't hold up their end of the bargain. You can't do that very easily with a Canadian-based company.

Tiger isn't a bad company. They're cheaper, which means their sources are cheaper... which means you're more likely to get junk. They've been known to make good on their motors when problems arise, but being in Canada, you don't have many options if they want to say "damn... you're shit outta luck, aren't you kid?"

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
            hmotors will ALWAYS fix their mistakes. Broken sensors, bad motors, bad transmissions. They're very careful about what they send out, and they rarely send out crap... but it does happen. Being an American-based company, anyone in the US that buys from them has the option of going after them in court if they don't hold up their end of the bargain. You can't do that very easily with a Canadian-based company.

Tiger isn't a bad company. They're cheaper, which means their sources are cheaper... which means you're more likely to get junk. They've been known to make good on their motors when problems arise, but being in Canada, you don't have many options if they want to say "damn... you're shit outta luck, aren't you kid?"

Sorry to reply to an older thread but i was just wondering
            what if its the other way around? Cas im located in BC Canada would it be easier for my to order from TJ? or go to HMO instead? I also heard that TJ is located in toronto so quite a distance from both companies D:
            ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Im assuming (and we all know what happens when we do that!) If you are located in canada and you bought from a canadian company then if you did have a problem you could use legal resources. However I dont know for sure so do your research. If I wasn't going to pick up the motor in person I'de rather have it shipped by a reputable company like hmotors. Not a 50/50 company like TJ. Look at it like this if you buy a tool from harbor freight, yea u might get lucky and it will last for a while. If you buy a tool from crafstman, better yet snap on, matco,mac, cornwell, etc. Then even if your not lucky and there is a problem you can take it back.
              -I believe in looking reality straight in the eye and denying it

Comment

check out flaccords.com you might find a motor there. Also in my opinion i would prefer to buy a motor locally so that i can go and inspect it. You live in Fla so it may be easier for you to find a motor locally than you think check orlando craigslist as i have seen more than a few pop up for great prices

Comment

Working...
                X