Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Fucntion & Form or K-Sport- Which is better?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fucntion & Form or K-Sport- Which is better?

Hey guys i am gonna get suspension on my car soon. i have found f&f realtively cheap. the type 1 for 630 and i have also found a used k-sport kontrol pro damper kit for 750. any suggestions as to which would be the better buy?
    The past, is history:The future, is a mystery:The present, is a gift.
    James 4:7
    Submit yourself to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.

Used?

Why buy used when you get a quality one for cheap and new?

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
    1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
    2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
    2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
    2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
    2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

well i would like to know which of the two is a better buy and the k-sprot comes with pillowballs to adjust the camber as well

Comment

I decided to get non-dampering coilovers (Tein basics ) because some people want a stiff ride anywhere they go such as myself. My brother got TEIN super streets and he barely adjusts it to soft. I say FnF

Comment

Originally posted by konig52r View Post
          well i would like to know which of the two is a better buy and the k-sprot comes with pillowballs to adjust the camber as well
          We can't adjust camber that way. pillowballs are useless for us.
          wat?

Comment

Function&Form FTW!

I ♥/Miss My Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post
              We can't adjust camber that way. pillowballs are useless for us.
              o really? then you think i should go for the f&f? how do we adjust camber then? cause i know the guy befor you said non adjustable are better, but see i like to mountain run. so what do you think would be good for something like that?

Comment

then you think i should go for the f&f? how do we adjust camber then?
                Yes.

Camber kits:
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?p=431401
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?p=431407

1999 BMW M3
                2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

cool thanks for the info! the camber looks cheap! f&f it is! but what about my q on mountain running anyone got any advice on that?

Comment

yea... if you want to kill yourself be my guest. But seriously guy, keep it on the track and go Auto-X'ing. The last thing we want is to hear from the news is another CB member falling off a cliff.

Comment

cool thanks for the info! the camber looks cheap! f&f it is! but what about my q on mountain running anyone got any advice on that?
                      DO NOT go cheap on a camber kit. I suggest the adjustable upper control arms from TASauto.com. They come with brand new components, and Ingalls ball joint style camber kits. If you like to run around on mountains, you don't want to go cheap on anything with your suspension, tires, and brakes... or you'll find yourself falling down a mountain!

Nobody said that adjustable isn't good. However, you should get an alignment whenever you adjust your suspension in any way, and that can get expensive. If you're going to be pushing your car hard on a mountain, you're going to eat your tires really fast if your alignment is off.

If you're going to be doing such intensive driving, you should probably learn a thing or two about the components you're trusting your life with... not just going by what a bunch of kids on the internet say (that may or may not know as much as you...)

Comment

I haven't had much experience with either brands, but I did have a set of D2 racing coilovers on my car. I've been told that Ksports are basically the same as D2's.

First off, I would NOT recommend the Ksports. They are not teflon coated like the D2's and will rust. The collars will seize and you will not be able to adjust ride height. I'm sure you can do routine cleaning to avoid this problem, but I think it's just an extra hassle to worry about.

My new setup consists of koni yellows with eibach springs. It's a lot better than the D2's IMO. Handling is well balanced and ride is ridiculously smooth.

I also have a set of G/C and Koni yellows on my 240sx. With the coils, it's more linear, but ride is still comfort and handling is great.

Koni may have only 5 levels of adjustment, but there is actually a difference between the 5 levels. With the D2's at 1 vs 16, it felt almost identical haha... like harsh to super harsh.

You can pick up a set of Koni's for 480 shipped with LIFETIME warranty. Springs can be had for 100 to 200. If you want coils I'd recommend G/C's but Skunk2's aren't bad at all and can be had for about 250 brand new. Price is about the same as these "full bodied coilovers" but IMO it's a superior in street / track / warranty and the price is about the same anyways!

Keep in mind, I've only had a chance to compare the two suspensions on aggressive street driving with Falken Azenis RT-615's tires.

Comment

BTW, I do not recommend mountain runs. I know people that have fallen off of GMR. (Glendora mountains, Ca) Luckily, they are still alive.

IF however if you do not take our advice... I will say that the Koni setup will be way better for mountain runs. You'll more than likely lose control with suspension that has ridiculous spring rates (D2's, Ksport) on bumpy mountain roads.

Comment

well thanks for the advice. but on the camber thread i read that the arms werent the best for our cars. and as far me falling off, well that wouldve happened already, lol usd to run my db on the mountains. idk i preffer that over street racing any day, i find the mountain so exciting and a place where skill is needed. dont get me wrong, im not saying that i will never end up in a reveene, lol i might. but i do hear about koni's a lot. what srpings would be the best fit for those shocks and where would be the best place to get them?

Comment

Im going with the Koni/Neuspeed SuperCup Kit = Koni Yellows and Neuspeed Race Springs. Never had experience with suspension but I hear you cant go wrong with that kit

Formerly know as accord-racing Jan 06 - Dec 07
                              BOUGHT FROM: cb95spd, lildeez07, L3G10N, JARHEAD293, True-BlueCB7, Boost_Lee, djcaz_aom, zmiennik
                              SOLD TO: treyd82, Sneakerhead28, BoxMan, civic_90_08, greenmachine9, baracuda, zmiennik

Comment

Working...
                              X