Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

a6 swaped for b1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a6 swaped for b1

hey guys i have done a few swaps in my day but i have read many diffrent things about this swap. i have a 92ex 4dr (got to love the 4 drs) w/ an f22a6 in it the kid i got it from spanked the rings and vales in it so have a f22b1 out of a 96 wagon layin a round and read that i can do this swap and keep my stock ecu and harness and it will bolt right in because i am usin the a6 tranny. (i know i should go doch but on tight buget so please dont hound me about the shoc.) but is it true the my ecu and harness will run the motor? i know i will have to rewire some things b/c of obd1 car to an obd2 motor but thats fine. how hard is this swap really?

Honestly, you gotta change alot of things to do it. I would take the head from the A6, get it checked out and do new valve seals, then pop it on top of the B1 block. It then should bolt into the car like stock. The bottom ends are basically the same between the F22Ax and F22Bx.
    1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

You'll have to do some rewiring for VTEC, and to convert the motor to OBD1. You'll want to use the ECU from a 94-95 F22B1 (OBD1... should be a P0A) The PT6, the F22A6 ECU, will run the motor, but not properly, and VTEC won't work.

Now, I say this all the time... at least you have a reason for it, so I can't say "don't do it"... but the F22B1 is a godawful motor. Reliable, efficient... but garbage in terms of performance. If you want to make this car into something fun, not just something to get from point A to point B, I would suggest selling or trading that F22B1 for another F22A6... or something a little more potent from the factor, like an H22A, F20B, H23A, or F22B DOHC.

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
        Honestly, you gotta change alot of things to do it. I would take the head from the A6, get it checked out and do new valve seals, then pop it on top of the B1 block. It then should bolt into the car like stock. The bottom ends are basically the same between the F22Ax and F22Bx.
        Similar, but not identical. Some modification would need to be done on the B1 block to have the A6 head work properly, I would think.

Though I would probably do that over the full B1 swap myself! My dislike for the B1 is borderline insane, though. I love that engine like a Nazi loves a Rabbi.

Comment

there is a post on here some where that i read a write up on the swap and the kid said it was pretty strait forward wit some rewirin and the killor is where i live here in pa its hard to find honda stuff it sux i was kickin around tring to trade a junkyard motor for motor. but i was also thinkin just drop the b1 in and boostin it i have the dsm parts and my boy is a welder so he could make the mani

Comment

The DSM turbo is too small... and the mani won't work (as you said, you have someone to make it... but the DSM mani that fits on the F22A is one of the big draws to DSM setups). You can use the injectors... that's about it.

What part of PA are you in? I'm about 10 minutes from Philly... and finding Honda parts isn't hard at all.

Comment

i live north of you like right across from frenchtown new jrezy. i can get parts from a place but the poeple there sux none speak english and they never complletly know wat ur talkin about so its not worth dealin wit them. also like i said i am on a really tight buget and i had the motor. so the swap is just alot of rewirin the is a pain to do right

Comment

Working...
              X