Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

H22a swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H22a swap

Does anybody know if you have to do a trans swap to fit a h22a into a 93 cb7 ex sedan?

you can use and f tranny or h tranny... i had the f series on my h for a while but the gear are way too long it gets boring after awhile! and plus you fall out of v-tec when you shift.. i swaped to a lsd h tranny and i love it. but anyways the f series tranny will fit.

Comment

im new to swapping so i was wondering if you guys know where i can get the wires to wire up the v-tec on my h22?

Comment

Originally posted by kevin18 View Post
        im new to swapping so i was wondering if you guys know where i can get the wires to wire up the v-tec on my h22?
        Like, the physical wire? Any wire works. Radio shack has spools for about $1. Go for something in the 18-22 AWG range.

If you are wondering which wires go where, look in the Swaps section at the Swap FAQ and it will tell you all you need to know.
        1992 Prelude S w/swapped H22A

Comment

if you dont feel like making the wires and what not you can buy the subharness from rywire
          1990 Frost White EX Coupe F23A1 - PART OUT
          01 DC4

Comment

Originally posted by nighthawk View Post
            if you dont feel like making the wires and what not you can buy the subharness from rywire
            if you really have to purchase the conversion harness you dont need to be doing this swap if you are doing it yourself. imo.

the wiring that needs to be done is minimal. its really pretty easy.

Bought from: Bisimoto, FuncOvrForm, HondaGuy1212, wed3k, Konigstiger, 1st2run, BillKisme, k-mart, benjerman112

Comment

I think there are only two wires to route, the v-tech solenoid wire and knock sensor? I think that's it but correct me if Im wrong.

Comment

ITS VTEC!!! NOT V-TECH!!! End rant. All you need to do is search and find which wire needs to be pinned in the ECU. run the wires to the proper components and you are dont. You need to get a VTEC harness from a donor car....just the 2 plugs for oil pressure and solenoid for VTEC. You also have to wire in a knock sensor wire. If you dont wanna go through all this just get a p28 chipped to get rid of the knock sensor. Its a pain in the bung hole anyways.

Comment

i just did the swap u need to run vtech switch knock grab the front coolent houseing from the single cam has the ac cond fan switch and extend the fan switch plug

Comment

took me like 30min maybe

Comment

Originally posted by secondaryed View Post
                      i just did the swap u need to run vtech switch knock grab the front coolent houseing from the single cam has the ac cond fan switch and extend the fan switch plug
                      What the hell are you talking about?!
                      I've done 2 of these swaps and have not had to do no such thing.

AND IT IS VTEC! There is NO 'H'. For the love of god, do your research first.
                      -Lance- (Formally known as H0ndaspyd3rLM)

Originally posted by H22Artman
                      if he still disagrees. well...... buy him a pink sweater and tell him to go buy some curtains.
                      Originally posted by deevergote
                      I posted a nude photo of myself on cd5tuner.com... it broke the site.
                      Bought from: lo_dit, 924dr, Fatman88, 91project, noobcake, loud92cb7

٩(•̮̮̃•̃)۶

Comment

Well when i order my h22a what will i need to complete the swap? i didnt order a ecu but my car already has a cheep racing ecu. Dont ask what it is called because i didnt install it, it came with the car when i boguht it. will it run the engine correctly?

Comment

Originally posted by Livinglegend09 View Post
                          Well when i order my h22a what will i need to complete the swap? i didnt order a ecu but my car already has a cheep racing ecu. Dont ask what it is called because i didnt install it, it came with the car when i boguht it. will it run the engine correctly?
                          A "cheap racing ECU"?

Anything fitting that description could only do harm... scrap it before it does any more damage than it already has! An ECU should be properly tuned to your application, or at the very least, be running a fuel map that you KNOW is good.

Comment

Any suggestions? Ill try to find out what type of ecu it is but my car is in the shop. :/

Comment

Originally posted by benji View Post
                              Like, the physical wire? Any wire works. Radio shack has spools for about $1. Go for something in the 18-22 AWG range.

If you are wondering which wires go where, look in the Swaps section at the Swap FAQ and it will tell you all you need to know.
                              Thanks, so i guess i could get the same wires needed to rewire my whole car or is there specific ones i need?

Comment

Working...
                              X