Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Short Ram Intake or Cold Air Intake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I get 120+ from all the short rams I tune. Low 100's with CAI's at highway speeds. 130+ when at a stop with sri and 110 or lower with cai.

Also, I'm not sure how nissan ecu's compensate for temp, but Honda ecu's mess with timing AND fuel causing a noticeable difference in the butt dyno when running the sri setup in cool weather as opposed to a hot, sunny day.

Comparing two different cars isn't fair either. The engine bays are COMPLETELY different thus each bay having a different flow while cruising. CB's are pretty cluttered and don't get much air INTO the bay without removing a lot of crap.
    Last edited by d112crzy; 04-17-2009, 11:58 AM.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

I will rely on your testing over my *click...*click...*paste ing until I do my own testing of course
      ____

Comment

Personally I would go with a short ram intake, I wouldnt want to risk anything.

Comment

dont mean to hijack the thread or nething
          but i was reading another site and found some1 saying this:

check this out bro ull get more hp out ur car with the stock airbox and a highflow filter like k&N or something like that dont waste the funds on a polished pipe of pipe with a cone because u are hurting performance espiaclly if thats all ur planing to do

do yous agree?
          if i left my intake normal but just change the filter to a better quality one (eg K&N), would it make ne difference?

Comment

Not really true, you might get a bit better than stock just replacing the filter. But SRIs and CAIs are more than just pipes, they're designed to make the air flow better and therefore give you more power.

His grammar alone would caution me to doubt anything he writes unless he's a proven tuner, he's probably a "forum tuner"

Comment

Short Ram adds a little grunt and maybe 1-2hp

Cold Air is proven to add between 4-5hp and a possible blown motor even with a bypass valve.

CB7Tuner Resident Gamer!
              PSN: JDMcb7TX

Comment

Originally posted by ash View Post
                dont mean to hijack the thread or nething
                but i was reading another site and found some1 saying this:

check this out bro ull get more hp out ur car with the stock airbox and a highflow filter like k&N or something like that dont waste the funds on a polished pipe of pipe with a cone because u are hurting performance espiaclly if thats all ur planing to do

do yous agree?
                if i left my intake normal but just change the filter to a better quality one (eg K&N), would it make ne difference?
                something you need to remember, just like a larger throttle body and plenum give a little extra power, larger intake tubing helps as well.

Usually CAI and SRI both are 3" tubings so that alone give better power.

While a better flowing filter will help, the better flowing and larger tubing also helps and adds to the overall effect.

in short, yes and no
                ____

Comment

Working...
                X