Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

G22 parts list (AKA H22 head F22 block)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Turbo Dave View Post
    this is why the f /h swap is good

521 WHP at 18 psi!

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=27355
    but is it really the h22 head or all the port/polish and other work that gave it that power? Question I was wondering.
    ____

Comment

Originally posted by bcjammerx View Post
      but is it really the h22 head or all the port/polish and other work that gave it that power? Question I was wondering.
      Plus don't u think any built H22 could make that much power? It's not the fact that it's a hybrid that let it make that power. N/A they are weaker than full H22s and less reliable than ANY motor.

Originally posted by lordoja
      im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Man all i did was just read the 2 pages and i learned a couple things, Cb7tuner.com iss great lol.

92 Accord Cb7 ^^
        My Ride Thread~~Click Below.
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176232

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
          Plus don't u think any built H22 could make that much power? It's not the fact that it's a hybrid that let it make that power. N/A they are weaker than full H22s and less reliable than ANY motor.
          Right...to make 500hp...you're going to need to rebuild the head, block, sleeves...everything...no matter the engine...franks add to the difficulty so why do it?

The question though that i'm still wondering is...well I haven't been shown yet that a fully built frank is better than a fully built f or h...franks seem to only be good if you have the parts lying around, they don't seem worth FINDING the parts to make them.

I'm not saying this is a fact...I'm just saying no one has really shown the franks to be more capable of producing more power over an equally built h or f
          ____

Comment

Basially im going for a complete rebuild cause i need to do a water pump and the car has 235k on the motor...figure its a good time to rebuild the whole thing...and since its no my DD i figured why not try something different for a change....all i hear is flack about how hard it is to tune a boosted H22 so thats most of the reason why i wanna use the F22 block with the H head....also got to thinkin about goin the other route and gettin a F22b non vtec and makin that a turbo but i havent done enough research on that motor yet but im gonna look into it tho cause i can get one of those from a junk yars that only like 10 miles from me granted it have to pull the motor myself but thats fine with me....Does anyone know if there has been an F22b turbo non vtec done on here and if so could you provide me with a link if i cant find anything in the swaps forum?

Oh as for the part of NY im from im about an hour south of rochester and about 2 to 3 hours east of buffalo.

P.S. Nvm about the F22b link i found one in the swaps that im lookin through right now.
            Last edited by sukkafree63; 04-05-2009, 03:58 PM.
            1992 Honda Accord 4 door 5spd *Sold 5/9/09*

Comment

Originally posted by sukkafree63 View Post
              all i hear is flack about how hard it is to tune a boosted H22 so thats most of the reason why i wanna use the F22 block with the H head....also got to thinkin about goin the other route and gettin a F22b non vtec and makin that a turbo but i havent done enough research on that motor
              the h head does not flow better than the f series head
              you do not need 2 cams for turbo one is just fine, no problems

I don't know if the f22b flows better than the f22a head...I assume it does not...I don't know though

I was seriously considering getting an h22a until I read up more on the f22, imo it has more potential. I do like the idea of vtec but only for n/a, for boost I don't see the need...eventually I'd toy with the idea of it...but that costs extra cash (one cam is also cheaper than two ) so not for now.
              ____

Comment

The only reason i want two cams is for the added tuneability of the motor...i am considering doin a trubo conversion on my F22A1 but idk yet cause im not very familiar with turbo's....plus if i do that i wanna sleeve the block but i cant figure out which sleeves to get for it....there the ones back on page 1 that i was considering but im not sure what the diff between the two types is....
                Last edited by sukkafree63; 04-05-2009, 05:24 PM.
                1992 Honda Accord 4 door 5spd *Sold 5/9/09*

Comment

im bringing up an old thread because i cant stand people who dont know what the hell they are talking about. ok first off, if you have never done this type of build then shut the fuck up and get the fuck out of the thread.

now with that said, i have an h23 head on an f22 block and im making just as much power as you little h22 guys. my "G22" is the funnest build i have ever done and its powerful enough for my satisfaction. its funny how you guys say "only 160 hp" and how its slow and shit. well, if thats true how did i beat my friend in his h22 lude? hmmm doesnt sound slow at all to me. and how do you figure its cheaper to get a complete h22? thats over $1500 on ebay. i spent $50 on my complete f22 block and $150 on the complete h23 head. other parts i spent about $100 on. grand total $300. wow if you can find me a complete h22 engine for $300 ill suck your dick. this takes me back to the SHUT THE FUCK UP IF YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT statement. one guy says its not worth it and the rest of you little cock suckers fall right behind him. now this saturday im slapping an h22 head on an f22 block and when its finished im going to see how bad i smoke you little h22 guys.

to the OP, go through with the build. it will be very fun and powerful to drive. you wont regret the build trust me. dont listen to these fucks on here because they are giving you wrong info. if you need any help look for me on preludepower.com yea thats right i got a prelude and im on your little accord site. i signed up to talk about these frankenstein builds but i see most of you are dumbasses who dont know shit about them. ban me or do what you want. this site is full of douches. peace out.

/end rant

Comment

I'm all for custom work, especially when it's do-it-yourself.

As gloryaccordy said, if you can get the parts cheaply, go for it.

But 300 dollar H22s aren't the rarest thing around.
                    And frankly, assuming that you can just find an f22 block and head in usable condition for 300 bucks is very naive. In the same way that 300 dollar H22 isn't going to be up to Honda specs, you aren't going to find F22/H22 pieces in good running order for 300 bucks either.

But then maybe you found a deal on that f22/h22 set-up. Whoopie. There are deals to be had on H22s too.
                    Have fun revving your f22 crankshaft up to 8k rpm.

And as for beating your friend's h22 prelude, that's neither here nor there. Was your friend really trying? Was it an auto? Was it a manual and he missed a shift? Did you get a jump on the start? Was it just street racing? Were the cars equal otherwise?
                    Anecdotes really aren't worth squat on internet forums.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan R View Post
                      im bringing up an old thread because i cant stand people who dont know what the hell they are talking about. ok first off, if you have never done this type of build then shut the fuck up and get the fuck out of the thread.

now with that said, i have an h23 head on an f22 block and im making just as much power as you little h22 guys. my "G22" is the funnest build i have ever done and its powerful enough for my satisfaction. its funny how you guys say "only 160 hp" and how its slow and shit. well, if thats true how did i beat my friend in his h22 lude? hmmm doesnt sound slow at all to me. and how do you figure its cheaper to get a complete h22? thats over $1500 on ebay. i spent $50 on my complete f22 block and $150 on the complete h23 head. other parts i spent about $100 on. grand total $300. wow if you can find me a complete h22 engine for $300 ill suck your dick. this takes me back to the SHUT THE FUCK UP IF YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT statement. one guy says its not worth it and the rest of you little cock suckers fall right behind him. now this saturday im slapping an h22 head on an f22 block and when its finished im going to see how bad i smoke you little h22 guys.

to the OP, go through with the build. it will be very fun and powerful to drive. you wont regret the build trust me. dont listen to these fucks on here because they are giving you wrong info. if you need any help look for me on preludepower.com yea thats right i got a prelude and im on your little accord site. i signed up to talk about these frankenstein builds but i see most of you are dumbasses who dont know shit about them. ban me or do what you want. this site is full of douches. peace out.

/end rant

geeze 1 post on the site, and instead of being helpfull to anyone intrested, you do nothing but down them and this site...

to each their own.
                      I wouldn't recomend building a frank motor if your not machenically inclined to take in all the variables that need to be accounted for.
                      But sometimes you can live and learn.
                      "Self Renewed"

Comment

/end rant
                        Hey

How'd you get your f22 block with h23 head to make more power than a h22? What parts did you use? What's your compression? What's your whp?

Also I dont know how hard you've looked but you can buy h22's for anywhere from 500-1000 bucks complete motor but no tranny. The complete motor tranny combo would be about 1500. The reason people are saying the build is not worth it is because to use good NEW performance parts in the build its going to cost a few hundred and not the $100 that you say you've spent. On top of that you would have to spend a little more than a few hundred to get to h22 power levels stock/na. Is it impossible? No of course not but it would be impractical.

Comment

/end rant
                          Where's your dyno sheet?
                          How long has it been running?
                          What have you done to it?

You're talking about a motor with less compression than an H22 or H23, and less displacement than an H23, making more power than either an H22 or H23. That is absurd. A stock F22A block with a stock H23A head on it is NEVER going to make more power than an H22 or H23. It is also very unlikely that it is going to be reliable... especially if it's someone's first attempt at building such a motor for their daily driver.

Those people that have never done such a build actually have some knowledge, and some sense... A guy like you, coming on here saying "these people are idiots, I know better" is giving us NO reason to believe you. Anyone who believes you based on your thoroughly disrespectful post is a moron.

If this site is full of douches, you should stick around. You fit right in. PreludePower.com is probably thankful to be rid of you, if this is how you talk to people.

If your motor is so good, explain it. Tell me why. Convince me.

Comment

like the other guy said i just want to know how to build the damb thing i really dont care what you have to say about it

YOU WANNA SEe ME SMASH ON A AUDI A4 TURBO WITH LIKE 5K$ IN MODS IN MY 7TH GENI ONLY HAD A CAI

Comment

Then get the fuck off of my site.

Comment

Originally posted by goose6453 View Post
                                like the other guy said i just want to know how to build the damb thing i really dont care what you have to say about it
                                6months later??? you gotta learn when to let things go besides...for someone who doesn't know what they are doing...asking people who do...you BETTER give a "damb" what they think
                                ____

Comment

Working...
                                X