Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

switch for high lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

switch for high lights

ok so ive been thinking of putting a separate switch for the high beams so i can just turn those on alone instead of both high/low beam being on @ the same time, i serached for a DIY but didnt see nothing. is there one? or can someone maybe help me out to wat i need to do/ wats needed.
    Last edited by drzcb7; 04-01-2009, 09:57 PM.
    2004 Accord Sedan CM6 (daily)
    Koni Yellows, Hood Bra,Splash Guards,Deck Lid,Weather Mats,Sunroof Visor,Fog Lights <-All OEM, Mugen Door Visors, 07 Tsx Wheels.
    1990 Accord Coupe CB7 (project)
    H22 Swap, Skunk2 Springs on Koni Str.t, Rear Disk Swap, Fog Lights, 92-93 Trunk Conversion, 02 Accord Rims

Originally posted by drzcb7 View Post
    ok so ive been thinking of putting a separate switch for the high beams so i can just turn those on alone instead of both high/low beam being on @ the same time, i serached for a DIY but didnt see nothing. is there one? or can someone maybe help me out to wat i need to do/ wats needed.
    whatever you do, leave the stock wiring alone. run a new wire, relay, and switch.

that way if you ever sell the car or get sick of the toggle you can just plug it back in.

Bought from: Bisimoto, FuncOvrForm, HondaGuy1212, wed3k, Konigstiger, 1st2run, BillKisme, k-mart, benjerman112

Comment

so pretty much get a foglight harness?

& you think i can use like the hazzard lights switch or cuirse control switch? cause i have some extra switches might as well make them useful & it fit in those empty spaces perfectly
      Koni Yellows, Hood Bra,Splash Guards,Deck Lid,Weather Mats,Sunroof Visor,Fog Lights <-All OEM, Mugen Door Visors, 07 Tsx Wheels.
      H22 Swap, Skunk2 Springs on Koni Str.t, Rear Disk Swap, Fog Lights, 92-93 Trunk Conversion, 02 Accord Rims

Comment

anyone??

Comment

Why do it? Do you want DRLs? Cause having just highbeams on is kinda bright, even in the day.

If you just want the high on a bit aka DRL. u will need either the complete headlight harness from a canadian CB or just run an ignition hot wire to the highbeam wire with a relay through a resistor of your choice. (resistor cuts voltage down to around 4-8 volts therefore giving the dim highbeam).

Also you will need to tap the lowbeam into the relay so the high knows to turn off when you activate the lows.

If your not too electrical inclined then your better off just gettin a DRL conversion from auto parts supplier. I can grab them from Canadian Tire here. cost about $50.

GOT F?

Comment

well i wont be running them 24/7; i'll just rock them once ina blue.

its cause i have yellow high's & yellow fogs, but i have purple lows so if i just wanna roll wit yellow i cnt cause the lows have to be on

thts why i was thinking doing tht wit a switch for tht reason.

Comment

So you're going to be driving around back roads with just you high beams on? Or do you plan on driving around where other people on with your colored high beams blinding them?

And yes, a fog switch should work fine.

Comment

wtf???

the lows and highs run together to give you BETTER VISIBILITY. you'd be amazed and how much better those highs PLUS the lows light up the road than highs alone. My wifes nissan, and her dads ford ranger light up only highs or only lows...you can't tell a damn difference between the two aside from that stupid bright blue indicator...which on a dark night with the interior lights down REALLY blinds me sometimes...geez.

wait what??? OH YEAH...advice for you then...

Also the high beams are the inner most lights...make you look cross eyed...like saturns...retarded ass cars

I do not see how this would look cool, you would not be as bright, visibility would be cut down...unless you plan on switching back and forth from low to high (with only one on at a time) to try and look like a cop or something.

But yeah...don't fuck with the wiring...and DO USE A RELAY!!! means you'll need a 12volt signal to operate the relay's magnetic innerds, and a lower gauge power wire to feed the powa to the lights.

You could prolly use a blank...not sure how this would be done with the switch being easy/safe to use while driving.
                ____

Comment

dont do it.
                  1990 Frost White EX Coupe F23A1 - PART OUT
                  01 DC4

Comment

Working...
                  X