Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

short shifter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

short shifter

where can i get a true short shifter...not the adapters

Wrong section.

But to answer your question ..

A true short shifter is a fushigi ( I think that's how u spell it) and forbidden and pspec( I believe these are rare to find). Yeamans17 use to make ss for our cars but I'm not sure if he still does. I had one in my old coupe and it worked flawlessly.

Also you can make your own. Search the diy section for a thread on a 3$ short shifter.

All a short shifter does for our car is move up the mounting hole for the passenger side shifter cable so the higher that cable is positioned, the shorter the throw. Hope I helped. GL

alone in this game . ::My Ride My Way::

Comment

oh ok lol...thanks

Comment

Get a 4th gen prelude shifter, and raise the cables an inch, amazing shifts...

Comment

Moved to the proper section. Duplicate thread deleted.

Fushigi no longer makes shifters... or anything, for that matter. He is no longer a member of this forum.
          Yeamans also no longer makes shifters (mentioned in the deleted thread), and like Fushigi, he has permanently left this forum.
          Both of these shifters were nothing more than OEM shifters with a new bracket welded on... basically, a permanent adapter. Effective, but nothing special.

PSPEC may still make CB7 shifters, but they are quite expensive (worth it, from what I've heard, but still pricey).

Forbidden, or 4bidden, makes Prelude shifters that will work in the CB7 with some modifications to the shifter bucket.

So, if they are still made, PSPEC is the only TRUE aftermarket CB7 short shifter.

All a short shifter does is move the mounting point of the cables. This is just as easily accomplished with a $3 Home Depot bracket setup, a $50 adapter, or a $200 shifter.

I have a Fushigi, and I have returned it to the stock position due to notchy shifting issues. I'm not pleased with what it does, and shifting is faster with long smooth throws, rather than short notchy ones... Mis-shifts were common with the short throw for me.
          If I were to do it again, I'd just use the $3 adapter that busted_honda made for me. (I still have it )

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...+short+shifter

I did this Sunday. VERY IMPRESSED. It works!

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...+short+shifter

Here is some more info dealing with short shifters. Hope this helps.

Comment

there really bad for your tranny!!

H22 cb7:
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=133482
              cb9:
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=187076
              dd cb7:
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=203058

Comment

Originally posted by ddcb7 View Post
                there really bad for your tranny!!

Im curiouse as to how?

My lil' bro tels me the same thing. His tranny blew up 6 months after his short throw went in (Mazda, not a honda). I have the DIY shifter and i blew my tranny last year, but it was fucked anyway, so i in no way blame it on the shifting/shifter.
                Ive been using it since day 1 with my H23 trans, and so far so good.

How is the SHIFTER bad for the tranny? Isnt it based more on the SHIFTING?

Comment

pspec only makes it for 97+ prelude and forbidden i dont even think he still sells them...i baught an adapter last year i find it puts stress on 1-3-5. maybe i just wont touch it anymore. thanks for the help though

Comment

Originally posted by AllWhiteCoupe View Post
                    Im curiouse as to how?

My lil' bro tels me the same thing. His tranny blew up 6 months after his short throw went in (Mazda, not a honda). I have the DIY shifter and i blew my tranny last year, but it was fucked anyway, so i in no way blame it on the shifting/shifter.

im in the honda program up here in nor cal and my classmates were telling me that it messes up something with the timing if u dont shift just right. not 100% sure what it messes up but ( ill look into it)

H22 cb7:
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=133482
                    cb9:
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=187076
                    dd cb7:
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=203058

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
                      Forbidden, or 4bidden, makes Prelude shifters that will work in the CB7 with some modifications to the shifter bucket.
                      Nothing a hammer can't fix.

1999 BMW M3
                      2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                      2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                      2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by AllWhiteCoupe View Post
                        Im curiouse as to how?

If the throw is too short, it can be bad. The transmission could be sitting in a "partial shift" state when it should be completely neutral. That can do some major damage to the synchronizers, and potentially the shifter fork itself.

Comment

yup ive seen many snycros go south fast do it short shifters. they feel nice at first but as soon as the syncros are gone and its miss shifting thats no good no more.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a saltshaker half-full of cocaine, and a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers... Also, a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether, and two dozen amyls.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
                            If the throw is too short, it can be bad. The transmission could be sitting in a "partial shift" state when it should be completely neutral. That can do some major damage to the synchronizers, and potentially the shifter fork itself.

Ok, now that makes a whole lot of sence. Now i can go tell my bro. hes right so he'll stop telling me to get rid if mine.

Comment

I would highly suggest not spending your hard earned money on something that Hollywood has claimed to be the "cool" way to drive. They make your trans work harder than it should. By adjusting the fulcrum point of the new shift setup, you are increasing the amount of force to shift gears thus putting more strain on parts of the transmission (i.e. synchros). I looked at Pspec and Forbidden. Each has their pros to try to get their shifter with less damage, but they both increase wear. I bet when the time comes to shift quickly, your stock shifter will shift fast enough.

Comment

Working...
                              X